Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
December 29, 2007 @ 07:12 PM
raptorsfan1

anyone get charged duties/taxes when the package arrives at your door from karmaloop? and if you did, how much?
December 29, 2007 @ 10:58 PM
Potsnu

All items get charged duties/taxes when purchasing abroad....

Unless it is a gift that is declared at less than $60 CAD
December 29, 2007 @ 11:21 PM
Sean__Price

anyone get charged duties/taxes when the package arrives at your door from karmaloop? and if you did, how much?

$60 on a $200 package from them , then i had to send it back cause what
i ordered was too small. Then when i made my new purchase they charged
me shipping again even though it says Free shipping on exchanges.
So then on my new orders i was charged $50 duties/brokage. They ship with DHL which along with UPS are the worst companies when it comes to brokage fees. And yes my new package that came also needs to be sent back again.

Worst online exerience ever.
Meow
December 29, 2007 @ 11:31 PM
JLASA

^ holy shit. was this recently? never happened to me
December 31, 2007 @ 12:57 AM
noob_face

i think i have ordered a few times from them.

I remember one purchase was about $150.00 and it was about 30.00 custom duty fees...everytime i have ordered from them i get insane duty fees.
December 31, 2007 @ 05:37 PM
Potsnu

Make sure you understand the difference and where these costs come from.....

To this date, I have never had to pay custom and duties for clothing. However you will have to pay tax, brokerage fee, advancement fee.
January 1, 2008 @ 11:35 AM
wonka1234

$70 order i had to pay like 10
and $100 about 20.

Use Rep Code "FORCES" at Karmaloop.com for 20% off

January 1, 2008 @ 09:21 PM
Potsnu

i think i have ordered a few times from them.

I remember one purchase was about $150.00 and it was about 30.00 custom duty fees...everytime i have ordered from them i get insane duty fees.

You need to understand the fees and what you're paying. To date so far I have never paid customs/duties on clothing, even when the manufacturing country is outside of NAFTA.

So obviously you need to pay taxes, the other bulk of the fee is brokerage fee which is what the courier charges. There's also an advancement fee for DHL fronting the cash at customs to pay for you.

So in total expect about 20-30% on your total.
January 2, 2008 @ 07:06 AM
Sean__Price

^ holy shit. was this recently? never happened to me

Yeah , the last package came X-Mas eve. Only positive thing
is how fast they complete and get your order to you.
But the brokage and handling fees are not just IMO.

Meow
January 3, 2008 @ 02:59 AM
A.R.P.

Crazy I'm glad I didn't order 5 mins ago.. anyone got any more info on this? I mean damn I want to order 2 shirts 1 fitted I already get charged $42 shipping on a $85 order fuck that add the DHL fees it becomes almost 1:1. That's fucking nuts

http://sans-coeur.com

January 3, 2008 @ 08:21 AM
Sean__Price

Crazy I'm glad I didn't order 5 mins ago.. anyone got any more info on this? I mean damn I want to order 2 shirts 1 fitted I already get charged $42 shipping on a $85 order fuck that add the DHL fees it becomes almost 1:1. That's fucking nuts

google or look online for "karmaloop discount codes"
i use the %20 or %25 ones. But that doesnt do anything with your
customs receipt. It will still have the original price.

Also now with DHL you have to pay on the spot to have your pacakge
released. As well it has to be cheque or credit card , NO cash.
Prior what DHL would do is send you an invoice a few weeks later , not now.

Meow
January 3, 2008 @ 10:46 AM
girli3

When living in canada u need to pay for custums and shipping which sux . but you could save money by using my repcode to save 20% on ur next order!!
January 3, 2008 @ 10:47 AM
khazano

That doesn't sound rite... See if theres alternate shipping options, cause I've never paid THAT much to ship 3 items from Karmaloop to Canada...?
January 3, 2008 @ 12:22 PM
clifford

i wonder since C&C tshirts are made in Canada if they'd still charge you duties, they shoulcn't but who knows.
January 3, 2008 @ 06:26 PM
Sean__Price

i wonder since C&C tshirts are made in Canada if they'd still charge you duties, they shoulcn't but who knows.

Charged me on 2 sweaters and 2 chirts from crooks.
Meow
January 3, 2008 @ 09:59 PM
Potsnu

That doesn't sound rite... See if theres alternate shipping options, cause I've never paid THAT much to ship 3 items from Karmaloop to Canada...?

They increased the shipping rate during the Holidays. So for just a few items it's $42 shipping.

But take into account the 20% when you use a rep code, like the one in my sig. Also Karmaloop will list wholesale value which is typically half the retail price.

Charged me on 2 sweaters and 2 chirts from crooks.
Meow

Again....was it customs/duties? You have to pay tax on everything, brokerage fees, advancement fee from DHL. I have never had to pay duties/customs on clothing. Nothing even for items that were manufactured out of NAFTA. Crooks is made in Canada, so you never have to pay customs/duties.....and they don't really charge you for Clothing made outside of NA either.
January 4, 2008 @ 12:42 AM
JLASA

go Potsnu. and use my code toosmile its easy to remember
January 4, 2008 @ 07:48 AM
Sean__Price

Im not a 12 year old retard. I was charged duty/customs/brokage/handling
fees on every item ive bought from them. Every single item.
I have no reason to inflate my story here. I have all the papers still if you
would like to see.

Meow
January 4, 2008 @ 09:09 AM
thescott

I've ordered twice from Karmaloop, first time was for a sweater and two t-shirts and I was hit with $50 or so taxes/duties/fees. Second order was for a hoodie and it made it through without any additional fees, however I think they listed the package as gift with a low value.

And I really don't think where Crooks clothing is manufactured has any bearing on whether or not any duties/taxes will be incurred by the customer, the bottom line is you're still purchasing the items from a store in another country.
January 4, 2008 @ 10:22 AM
FreshAddict

google or look online for "karmaloop discount codes"
i use the %20 or %25 ones. But that doesnt do anything with your
customs receipt. It will still have the original price.

Also now with DHL you have to pay on the spot to have your pacakge
released. As well it has to be cheque or credit card , NO cash.
Prior what DHL would do is send you an invoice a few weeks later , not now.

Meow

first of all, there's no such thing as a 25% code...
second, although DHL says you can't pay cash, you actually can....I do every time
and....if you're ordering C&C which is made in Canada, you are not supposed to pay duty so you can fill out a form and get a refund on that if you were charged....
January 4, 2008 @ 07:45 PM
JLASA

^where do u get this form? im about to order some crooks jackets and a couple shirts from there.
January 4, 2008 @ 09:31 PM
clifford

I think only the tshirts are made in Canada, like hoodies and sh1t are made somewhere else i believe.
January 4, 2008 @ 09:38 PM
JLASA

^hmm, anyone wanna clarify?
January 5, 2008 @ 04:08 AM
A.R.P.

I've ordered twice from Karmaloop, first time was for a sweater and two t-shirts and I was hit with $50 or so taxes/duties/fees. Second order was for a hoodie and it made it through without any additional fees, however I think they listed the package as gift with a low value.

And I really don't think where Crooks clothing is manufactured has any bearing on whether or not any duties/taxes will be incurred by the customer, the bottom line is you're still purchasing the items from a store in another country.

Holy fuck $50 god

January 5, 2008 @ 07:50 AM
SupaFly

Just get you gear at Dopejoint Urban Gear, no duties etc, just a $10 express shipping fee..
January 5, 2008 @ 08:18 AM
Sean__Price

first of all, there's no such thing as a 25% code...
second, although DHL says you can't pay cash, you actually can....I do every time
and....if you're ordering C&C which is made in Canada, you are not supposed to pay duty so you can fill out a form and get a refund on that if you were charged....

Key word was "or" ............... 20 "or" 25
Also im talking about my experience , i dont live with you so my karmaloop/
DHL experiences are different. Twice they have come and ive had no other
option except cash , so they left and took the package.

The driver would not release the package at all.

Meow
January 5, 2008 @ 02:40 PM
JLASA

i only have one question. why the fuck do you keep saying MEOW?
January 5, 2008 @ 03:41 PM
A.R.P.

You all think it helps to check it as a gift? So that no prices are on the box just the list of items then you write a half-ass happy birthday comment or something.

January 5, 2008 @ 08:53 PM
FreshAddict

^where do u get this form? im about to order some crooks jackets and a couple shirts from there.

www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/E/pbg/cf/b2g/b2g-07b.pdf

would you like to use my repcode smile (no homo)
January 6, 2008 @ 02:23 AM
JLASA

or use my repcode? haha

Please login first to reply.