January 27, 2008 @ 03:28 PM
Gmas

I don't really get how everyone here thinks it's "wack" that they won't stretch out hats not bought at their store for free. They're a retail store, I'm sure that service is meant to be a value-add for customers who shop there and need adjustments/alterations made.

No one complains that tailors don't hem jeans for free.

Just think if you opened up your own hat shop and had the same machine. Would you want every little Hypebeast on the street coming in and expecting to have their hats stretched out for free? I'm sure you'd get tired of it too.

It sounds like they were being good about it at first and doing it for people, and it got out of and so they stopped.
January 27, 2008 @ 04:12 PM
Leumas

word some of you guys are just bitching for no reason. You guys are buying/bought fitted which you never purchased at the store in the 1st place. Next time buy hats that are your size and stop the bitching. They are a business not a fucking soup shop
January 27, 2008 @ 05:52 PM
n0cturnal

just charge folks for the stretching...

how does that work anyway, steam?
January 27, 2008 @ 06:04 PM
Sean__Price

just charge folks for the stretching...

how does that work anyway, steam?

Same thing as putting it over your knee , but more professional and
can stretch a bit bigger. Sometime doing it over your knee or your own way
you warp the hat or stretch one side more than the other.

Meow
January 28, 2008 @ 08:53 AM
clifford

I never see anyone in this store
January 28, 2008 @ 08:18 PM
leprekon99

I was going to go to the store to find a raptors cap but I wasn't sure if they have many. Id figured since its toronto store they'd have alot of jays and raptor caps. I seen some in vaughn mills but they are adidas made. Does Ransoms fitted have raptor caps?
January 29, 2008 @ 03:20 PM

I cant even take this marginally seriously. That said, yall the same cats bringing in shoe boxes of beat up "fitteds" begging dudes to get em fixed. Keep crying, contact whomever you wish, ain't nothing changing because a couple of you lame dudes decide to talk down on the store over the Internet, which I am mentioning because not one of you would even bring your tone to above whisper level within the store, which is another facet of this situation that I find hilarious. smile
January 29, 2008 @ 04:02 PM
FreshAddict

^people actually do that? I have bought a few hats from the store and like the store a lot....It makes sense to not do it especially if they've got a ton of em...
January 30, 2008 @ 02:08 AM
Big_peezy

wheres all the fucking toronto hats?
This isnt fucking new york!
January 30, 2008 @ 01:22 PM
YUP123

word some of you guys are just bitching for no reason. You guys are buying/bought fitted which you never purchased at the store in the 1st place. Next time buy hats that are your size and stop the bitching. They are a business not a fucking soup shop

Seriously.... last time I went with my buddy, he bought the hat, then asked them to just throw it on the machine to give it some shape...wouldn't do it...THATS what I found pretty whack.
January 30, 2008 @ 01:23 PM
FreshAddict

^yeah i bought a hat there the other day expecting them to put it on the machine but he didn't.....
January 30, 2008 @ 07:29 PM

Seriously.... last time I went with my buddy, he bought the hat, then asked them to just throw it on the machine to give it some shape...wouldn't do it...THATS what I found pretty whack.

Now im not trying to call you a liar, but knowing myself and the character of my co-workers, I seriously doubt it happened in that fashion. If you buy a hat, and ask for something to get stretched/reshaped, I have never witnessed anyone be turned down. That said, instead of complaining, try talking to some of the employees, develop some type of customer relationship and you may be extended priveledges....
January 31, 2008 @ 12:02 AM
Gmas

Now im not trying to call you a liar, but knowing myself and the character of my co-workers, I seriously doubt it happened in that fashion. If you buy a hat, and ask for something to get stretched/reshaped, I have never witnessed anyone be turned down. That said, instead of complaining, try talking to some of the employees, develop some type of customer relationship and you may be extended priveledges....

^^^ Great advice.

I have been privileged enough to receive favourable service and pricing at a few different places not because I spend millions of dollars there, but because I have conversations with the people who work there, treat them decently, and I don't come in expecting anything...discounts, holding product, etc. Treat people well and most will try and return the favour however they can.
January 31, 2008 @ 07:28 AM
YUP123

Why would I make something like that up? Don't know what you consider a relationship with the employees... but I have been there a few times before and always talked with the guys about general topics...(hats in stores like lids n shit etc. etc.) I seriously DID enjoy coming into that store, but I'm telling you, buddy bought a hat, then right after asked them to put some shape into it n all I got was a "no..policy change" maybe I took it wrong, but I just felt like the guys were being dicks for no reason...
February 1, 2008 @ 02:25 AM
Big_peezy

HERES A BIG FUCK YOU FOR NEW ERA!!!!
THE CUSTOMERS IS ALWAYS RIGHT, FUCKING EMPLOYEES ARE DICKHEADS!
I RATHER COP MY HATS FROM RANSOM!
February 4, 2008 @ 02:37 AM
Penofski

the new era store is crazy, so many hats to choose from.
February 4, 2008 @ 03:04 AM
Sean__Price

HERES A BIG FUCK YOU FOR NEW ERA!!!!
THE CUSTOMERS IS ALWAYS RIGHT, FUCKING EMPLOYEES ARE DICKHEADS!
I RATHER COP MY HATS FROM RANSOM!

Customer is right when they speak and act in a mature manor.
Customer is not right when they say "yo star give me a free stretch nah mon"

Or start a sentance off with "yo guy" .............. A manager will look at you
and know that you have no sense.

Obviously im not saying that you do this , but belive that enough people do.
It makes them look foolish and out of place. Different tones and different
words should be used accordingly.

Meow

Please login first to reply.