Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
August 10, 2007 @ 10:12 PM
n0cturnal

^i think i saw that one for 35? or was it the koi fish one..
August 10, 2007 @ 11:53 PM
asiatic

i really like the koi in pictures.

in person, not so much.
August 14, 2007 @ 05:46 PM
FreshAddict

I got the Toronto 4 Life hat today in Black with the glow-in the dark white writing
They didn't have my size 71/8 so they got a 7 and put it on the machine described earlier which can apparently make a hat up 2 sizes bigger
I thought the store was dope and they have some cool guys working there
4 levels of fitteds :D
August 15, 2007 @ 12:36 PM
WhiteBajan

I got the Barbados hat. The black Trini/Guyana hats are way nicer, but NOBODY makes any Barbados gear. I thought I'd look like too much of a wigger, but my severe whiteness balances things out. All in all it was alright, but I'm more a fan of authentic baseball caps as opposed to crazy colourways. They didn't have an authentic Brooklyn Dodgers to match my Sandy Koufax throwback just a weird green one confused
August 17, 2007 @ 01:19 PM
FreshAddict

I got the Toronto 4 Life hat today in Black with the glow-in the dark white writing
They didn't have my size 71/8 so they got a 7 and put it on the machine described earlier which can apparently make a hat up 2 sizes bigger
I thought the store was dope and they have some cool guys working there
4 levels of fitteds :D

UPDATE: On smelltherich.com I was told that with the machine they can make hats look newer for no charge by getting rid of creases and giving it its original shape again(no purchase necessary)
So I went in wednesday and me and my boy got our old caps fixed that are like 4 years old
They look almost brand new now
August 17, 2007 @ 01:24 PM
Gmas

UPDATE: On smelltherich.com I was told that with the machine they can make hats look newer for no charge by getting rid of creases and giving it its original shape again(no purchase necessary)
So I went in wednesday and me and my boy got our old caps fixed that are like 4 years old
They look almost brand new now

That's pretty good of them to do it for no charge like that.
August 21, 2007 @ 09:55 AM
FreshAddict

^^^
I think I put my hat in my bag at school or some shit or it got squished somehow
I guess if you didn't want them to put it on the machine you could just tell them
August 21, 2007 @ 11:29 AM
funkdoobi

i love how 99% of the people who shop at this new era store love buying garbage :D
August 21, 2007 @ 12:48 PM
truelove89

went down yesterday to peep the scene...

Ransoms fitted shop took this one by a long shot.
August 25, 2007 @ 03:23 PM
poolking

Turned Down =(
i went to the flag ship store yesterday to get one of my old fitteds strecthed on that machine cuz everyone says its free... they turned me down.. they told me that i had to buy a hat... or bring a hat that you bought from the store with the original receipt.
August 25, 2007 @ 05:46 PM
FreshAddict

it probably just depends on who is working
check this page - near the end of the thread you'll see comments from capo who works there and says that its free without purchase but he also said that if they're really busy they might not want 2 do it
if not, then you got an ass of a worker
August 25, 2007 @ 07:53 PM
poolking

^^^
the store wasn't busy.. the dude that turned me down wasn't even doing anything.. just walking around... so waaackkk lol ill try next time.. but not with the same worker, who did you get it fixed from? know what he/she looks like?
August 25, 2007 @ 10:16 PM
FreshAddict

he was a kind of chubby black guy with a fitted about 4 sizes too big 4 him
he was pretty cool
there was also a hispanic guy there the other day that was cool but there was a white guy there b4 who seemed like a bit of an ass
he may have been who u got
August 25, 2007 @ 10:31 PM
poolking

^^
yeah yo.. i got it from that dude.. the chubby black guy.. man thats weird how he didn't fix up my fitted.
August 25, 2007 @ 10:39 PM
nkwu

i went to the flag ship store yesterday to get one of my old fitteds strecthed on that machine cuz everyone says its free... they turned me down.. they told me that i had to buy a hat... or bring a hat that you bought from the store with the original receipt.

policy's changed...
August 25, 2007 @ 11:31 PM
poolking

soo what about if i buy a fitted... can i do it to a next one? im still buying. lol
August 26, 2007 @ 10:27 AM
FreshAddict

yeah i guess if ur wearing one of their hats or buying one
i was wearing my toronto 4 life cap when i got it done but maybe 2 many ppl found out about it and it was costing 2 much with electricity and water n shit
January 14, 2008 @ 05:33 PM
BlackChiney8

Are you serious......they won't let you fix any of you're hats....thats so bullshit....I just copped a OG raptors fitted in 7 1/4 and I need it stretched to 7 3/8....you're telling me they won't even use they're machine if I pay them to fix it?
January 15, 2008 @ 05:01 PM
J.Capo

^^^
the store wasn't busy.. the dude that turned me down wasn't even doing anything.. just walking around... so waaackkk lol ill try next time.. but not with the same worker, who did you get it fixed from? know what he/she looks like?

Wack? Ill make sure you get turned down in the future, by every employee, Thanks for the feedback.
January 15, 2008 @ 06:12 PM
FreshAddict

^lol....im guessing ur the guy he was talking bout?
January 20, 2008 @ 06:06 PM
FreshAddict

I'm looking for a green jays custom, anything good at the New Era store? I'm planning on going later this week/next week when I'm less busy...
January 24, 2008 @ 01:54 AM

Inactive

Wack? Ill make sure you get turned down in the future, by every employee, Thanks for the feedback.

What an asshole. That's the problem with these "hype" boutique stores. The workers there think they're the shit, even tho they make like 10$ an hour.
January 24, 2008 @ 02:04 AM
r3alest

-
yeah i noticed that too, dudes that work in that store, and all of those stores for that matter act like there on some higher level, why? i have no idea lol. I bet the people buying the gear are probably on a higher level than them anyways. I bet if they acted like that outside of the store, they'd get a fukked so fast.

PUT YOUR CHIN DOWN, RETAIL IS RETAIL NO MATTER WHAT THE NAME IS OF THE STORE YOU WORK AT.
January 24, 2008 @ 10:42 AM
SprNtrl

That is wack, fuck that bullshit. You can't stretch a fuckin' hat for free? Maybe charge $2 at the most to offset costs, but not that you need to purchase a $40 fitted to get it done.
January 24, 2008 @ 04:28 PM
YUP123

This is the type of shit I saw when I went there young kids with shitty attitudes for no damn reason... will NOT be going back, I can get my fitteds elsewhere without the attitude and sometimes better hats *ahem* ransom *ahem* NE Should be notified about this....
January 25, 2008 @ 06:18 PM
FreshAddict

i bought a fitted today at the new era store and the guys that were working there were cool...im kinda disappointed in their selection of jays caps though...i got an old school one but they have no custom regular jays logo hats but a lot of yankees....razz
January 26, 2008 @ 08:46 AM
n0cturnal

i say create a whole floor devoted to our teams! and ive yet to see a raptors new era!
January 26, 2008 @ 12:13 PM
FreshAddict

i say create a whole floor devoted to our teams! and ive yet to see a raptors new era!

they got a hat thats got a raptor on it but its not obvious that its a toronto raps hat nor is it official i don't think....yeah I agree....we need a t dot floor, forget the yankees and atlanta braves caps....
January 26, 2008 @ 11:01 PM
n0cturnal

they got a hat thats got a raptor on it but its not obvious that its a toronto raps hat nor is it official i don't think....yeah I agree....we need a t dot floor, forget the yankees and atlanta braves caps....

amen brotha. keep those southern teams out
January 27, 2008 @ 02:56 PM
BlackChiney8

they got a raptors hat but its exclusive.....because new era only is licensed to produce hardwood classics fitteds and don't have the rights to make nba hats now.....only in europe.....few people in toronto have the OG raps fitted.....I'm pretty sure new era stopped making them in 2001.....so they're mad vintage...I got one but I need to stretch it a size at the flagship and i agree that its wack to have a policy that u have to purchase to stretch ur hat

Please login first to reply.