Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
September 2, 2008 @ 01:47 PM
TheChemist

naw man it hasnt been like that since day 1...back when skam used to run things - when goodfoot was pretty much the only sneaker store in toronto - goodfoot was a dope spot and the people were chill and friendly...its all the new people that brought the 'too cool' attitude. also since martin left ransom they've gone downhill too.

but enough about that...like you said lets keep this moving.

funny because people said the same thing when skam and martin WERE there, people I tell ya no ones ever satisfied.
September 2, 2008 @ 02:28 PM
cthulhu

screw goodfoot...i called everyday last week to find out when they were releasing the infrareds and everyday they would tell me tomorrow...i even called on the day that they "dropped" them at about 5pm and they said their gonna release tomorrow...goodfoot is gonna go down as fast as they came up if they dont put a bit of focus on customer service...hell you can walk into a goodfoot store without any of the employees saying a word to you...they think their better than you or something when really your paying their wage...i shouldnt generallize and say that all the staff are like that...im sure theirs a few good peeps out there but it only takes one or two bad ones to screw everything up...goodfoot is not a monopoly for sneakers anymore...they need to realize that...

just my piece of mind...im sure some of you would agree.

are you really going there to make friends or buy a pair of shoes?
September 2, 2008 @ 02:33 PM
LTH

Agreed with Chemist. Just stick with the fact, will you guys be complaining if a pair of random vans drop during the week, but sold out before you can make it there? Also, if GF did made the announcement before the release. You guys will probably be complaining about people lining up at 5 in the morning. So all and all, it's just how u look at it.
September 2, 2008 @ 02:50 PM
clifford

Agreed Cliff. Some of us have other priorities and this is lower on the totem pole...also agree with Chem and Del on their comments; 'cept not all of us live 5 min away, hence it woulda been nice for those of us further away or dealing with other things at the moment to have a better shot at the goods...

In the end yeah, GF will still sell specifics no matter what, to whomever, whenever - and timing is everything, so be it....Who mad, whos bitchin? Not me...I still copped, even with all the bad 411 leading up to the drop - but I do feel bad for those who tried and tried but got hung out...

No doubt, i don't know what i'd do if I was coming from far out. The staff was telling me that people were PISSED when they found out the shoes were releasing on Saturday. Wonder how they felt when they found out that they actually dropped on the friday. LOL!
September 2, 2008 @ 03:18 PM
kt0626

No doubt, i don't know what i'd do if I was coming from far out. The staff was telling me that people were PISSED when they found out the shoes were releasing on Saturday. Wonder how they felt when they found out that they actually dropped on the friday. LOL!

Word...good thing for other shops carrying the same joints...Good CS is hard to get nowadays...
September 2, 2008 @ 03:59 PM
etpourtous

alright i know the two possible dates for the supreme drop. any confirm date? i don't wanna mission twice from loo. please help.

thanks.
September 2, 2008 @ 06:39 PM
SprNtrl

What pisses me off is that they give us the whole "We'll post it up ahead of time" bullshit and then do a 180 and post that they dropped already. WTF is that? Hats off to Livestock for not playing games like lil bitches.

As for customer service, the only dude that you cannot drag around with regards to bad cs is Matt...and the ladies are alright.

Professio, don't you work at GDFT?
September 2, 2008 @ 06:44 PM
cthulhu

alright i know the two possible dates for the supreme drop. any confirm date? i don't wanna mission twice from loo. please help.

thanks.

bro for the last time there will probably only be 1-3 days of notice
September 2, 2008 @ 07:08 PM
crono06

if they end up getting it, any idea how much the varsity is gonna cost?
September 2, 2008 @ 08:04 PM
Alicks

^Something like 100 bucks or so more than in nyc.
September 2, 2008 @ 08:41 PM
etpourtous

bro for the last time there will probably only be 1-3 days of notice

damn, alright thanks. looks like its all a waiting game
September 2, 2008 @ 09:11 PM
hollertronix

What pisses me off is that they give us the whole "We'll post it up ahead of time" bullshit and then do a 180 and post that they dropped already. WTF is that? Hats off to Livestock for not playing games like lil bitches.

x 10000.

Livestock has never fucked around on a release.

I told you guys not to hold your breath with regards to getting your pair from Goodfoot.
September 2, 2008 @ 10:10 PM
kt0626

As for customer service, the only dude that you cannot drag around with regards to bad cs is Matt...and the ladies are alright.

Professio, don't you work at GDFT?

LOL! Yeah, their post was like an eternity late - when it hit, most/all were already sold off da truck! Why bother posting in these cases...
September 3, 2008 @ 12:26 AM
Lon

How much is the mark up typically on Supreme at Nomad?
September 3, 2008 @ 09:03 AM
Zero_Regret

How much is the mark up typically on Supreme at Nomad?

Depends on what it is... if it's a tee... gonna be like $10-20. If it's gonna be like a bag... prob like $50-100. It depends on the price.
September 3, 2008 @ 09:48 AM
Professio

1. People called everyday to see when theywere coming out - They complained when they weren't in yet.
2. People complained that they didn't have enough notice
3. People would've complained if they dropped on a Saturday and didn't bother to line up.
4. and now, people still complaing because they didn't get a pair and blame it on bad CS. Yes, it's the worlds fault that ya'll weren't ready. People chilled all day and knew when hey were coming, it's not their fault they were ahead of the curve.
September 3, 2008 @ 11:05 AM
crono06

I don't understand why people are getting so worked up over a pair of shoes. If you really want them that much, just pay the resell value for them? If not, then there will be plenty more shoes in the future.
September 3, 2008 @ 01:36 PM
clifford

It seems like there are 2 extremes here. Those who can't stand Goodfoot no matter what, and others who have an undying allegiance to Goodfoot no matter what.

You can't have a discussion without someone from either group showing up. In a perfect world GF coulda handled things better, but they didn't. No big deal really. I CAN see how some folk would be salty about the whole thing.

It is funny though, if you say something negative about mighty GF the way some people react. It's almost like you hurt their feelings or something.

At the end of the day GF has been and will keep holding it down. Fix ya panties.
September 3, 2008 @ 02:49 PM
mr.delete

but it is bad CS when you say "oh this is dropping in DAYS". three weeks go by & no one from GF says squat, not even "uh something is messed up, let you know when info rolls in". THEN whatever everyone was waiting on ends up sold out before anyone holding their breath on it has heard about it. Yea, thats dropping the ball on alot of diehard people wanting to spend money on you.
Lucky enough you had others to pick up the slack & sell out.

I guess what GF people are trying to say, is you want stuff? Go to their store & constantly ask when shipment is coming in. If they tell you the day, come back & just sit there & stare at them all day long waiting for your sought after item to arrive. because how else are you going to get it?

this time around its pretty weak sauce to blame it on people's preconceived ideas on the store. but whatever miscommunication that happened around the infrareds, the problem is not people bitching because they already bitch about you. something got F'd, own up to it & make it right next time or better.
September 3, 2008 @ 03:00 PM
GOVOLTRONIC

Fuck, make all the drops in the middle of the week, not the weekend. All the little school fuckers would have to camp out on a school night>sad

That works for me lol.
September 3, 2008 @ 03:12 PM
GOVOLTRONIC

I've been able to cop some stuff from GDFT that I couldn't get elsewhere in Canada but at the same time I've missed stuff too whether it be miscommunication or misinformation. Regardless if they bring in stuff I need/want then I'll be right there pending availability. I just keep it moving on to the next cop etc.

What's great about TO nowadays is that there's choices, options. If one store don't have what you need another will. But I do feel bad for those who waited out and skipped LS' drop to cop from GDFT only to find out their stock was less than 1/3 of LS'. One thing to keep in mind is when opportunity presents itself one has to seize the moment.
September 3, 2008 @ 05:51 PM
TheChemist

4. and now, people still complaing because they didn't get a pair and blame it on bad CS. Yes, it's the worlds fault that ya'll weren't ready. People chilled all day and knew when hey were coming, it's not their fault they were ahead of the curve.

I got to stop you there, that point is wrong maybe it's just the way your wording it but the way your making it sound is that it's the people's fault like they should have known when the shoes were coming in or releasing. from what one of the guys working there told me is that people were coming in the store daily asking about the shoe and that day last friday the same thing happened but instead of the response being "soon" or "a couple of days" they mentioned it should be coming in that day. so that group of people started to wait in the store while word got out and by time the shoes came in it most pairs were gone.

I also know that same guy I spoke to said they didn't have any idea of when the shoes were coming in they were originally told monday but from then on it was just as much of a guessing game for them as it was the customers.
September 3, 2008 @ 07:53 PM
SprNtrl

3. People would've complained if they dropped on a Saturday and didn't bother to line up.
You mean all the people who work shit retail hours? I work full time and love Saturday drops.
September 3, 2008 @ 08:27 PM
crono06

Even if I have work, and if it's something I really want, I'll call in sick for it. And if I don't do that, I guess I'd just have to pay resell for it wouldn't I?
I think people should just stop complaining that they didn't get their pair for retail...
September 3, 2008 @ 09:03 PM
GOVOLTRONIC

Even if I have work, and if it's something I really want, I'll call in sick for it. And if I don't do that, I guess I'd just have to pay resell for it wouldn't I?
I think people should just stop complaining that they didn't get their pair for retail...

Not only do you have to lineup, pay for the shoe, lose a days pay, but you're also jeopardizing your source of income? I dunno but don't seem worth it to me. Might as well pay reseller prices since you'd lose more money skipping work.
September 3, 2008 @ 10:02 PM
Sean__Price

Another good ol GDFT debacle (however its spelled) ..............

You customers should be thankfull people even work at these shops.
I know i couldnt , ive been there several of times (waiting for the truck to
unload of course) and all of a sudden 5-10 people all come in at once
screaming and yelling "oh oh bod bod , how much fe dis" "Yo this is an SB yo"
touching and moving everything around making a mess and NOT buying
anything , those are the people who ruin it for everybody else.

I wouldnt bother helping "customers" out either if they acted like this
80% of the time. In 2 years most of you wont even care about sneakers any
way , then ish can go back to like it was 15 years ago. I cant wait till my
facial hair turns grey , but i still wont be wearing no SKinny jeans , cause my
knots wont fit ......... thats why.

Meow
September 3, 2008 @ 10:31 PM
crono06

Not only do you have to lineup, pay for the shoe, lose a days pay, but you're also jeopardizing your source of income? I dunno but don't seem worth it to me. Might as well pay reseller prices since you'd lose more money skipping work.

Eh, well I'm just a uni student working a part time job, so if I lose this job I can always find another one xP But for those of you working real jobs, I can understand that it's a bit more difficult to find time off just to go queue in line just for a pair of shoes.
September 4, 2008 @ 12:12 PM
clifford

Another good ol GDFT debacle (however its spelled) ..............

You customers should be thankfull people even work at these shops.
I know i couldnt , ive been there several of times (waiting for the truck to
unload of course) and all of a sudden 5-10 people all come in at once
screaming and yelling "oh oh bod bod , how much fe dis" "Yo this is an SB yo"
touching and moving everything around making a mess and NOT buying
anything , those are the people who ruin it for everybody else.

I wouldnt bother helping "customers" out either if they acted like this
80% of the time. In 2 years most of you wont even care about sneakers any
way , then ish can go back to like it was 15 years ago. I cant wait till my
facial hair turns grey , but i still wont be wearing no SKinny jeans , cause my
knots wont fit ......... thats why.

Meow

I don't really care about this CS issue, but whwat you posted is not an excuse for crappy CS. You're in retail, that stuff comes with the territory. I'm sure folk at McD's deal with azzes all day, that doesn't give them a pass to get stink with me.
September 4, 2008 @ 01:13 PM
a_L13

But you could spit in someones burger, not really the same with shoes.
September 4, 2008 @ 03:46 PM
Professio

I don't really care about this CS issue, but whwat you posted is not an excuse for crappy CS. You're in retail, that stuff comes with the territory. I'm sure folk at McD's deal with azzes all day, that doesn't give them a pass to get stink with me.

All retail from what I've experience, you get the same attitude back that you present to them. People around my area get cussed out by McDonalds employees if they are jerks. I've seen people on the brink of jumping over counters.

Please login first to reply.