Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
August 30, 2008 @ 09:44 PM
velocitygirl

I thought that they would've been sold out cuz resellers would've bought any size.

Perhaps, but I'm thinking maybe they used discretion before selling them to just anyone? I mean, they weren't on the floor and they really kept an eye on me as I tried them on. Also, maybe a 5'2 girl isn't the biggest reseller candidate??
August 30, 2008 @ 10:16 PM
tapemanpl

Perhaps, but I'm thinking maybe they used discretion before selling them to just anyone? I mean, they weren't on the floor and they really kept an eye on me as I tried them on. Also, maybe a 5'2 girl isn't the biggest reseller candidate??

the bigger mystery here is how does a 5'2 girl fit into any sbs? my sister is 5'8 and just fits the smallest they make...whatever size that is
August 30, 2008 @ 10:18 PM
velocitygirl

the bigger mystery here is how does a 5'2 girl fit into any sbs? my sister is 5'8 and just fits the smallest they make...whatever size that is

Well the average girl's shoe size is 7-8 (women's) which translates to a 5.5 or 6 in men's Nikes, which I believe is the smallest! There you go.
August 30, 2008 @ 10:28 PM
tapemanpl

Well the average girl's shoe size is 7-8 (women's) which translates to a 5.5 or 6 in men's Nikes, which I believe is the smallest! There you go.

interesting...guess women's foot sizes don't change much with height
August 31, 2008 @ 12:36 AM
Supreme_Bape

if anyone has a pair of infrared am90 in sz 8.5 or 9 please pm me, very interested in buying!
August 31, 2008 @ 10:25 AM
easy-e

Was G' selling the Infrareds for $150 before or after taxes? That was a sneaky release. I was hoping to get a 2nd pair...
August 31, 2008 @ 10:42 AM
SprNtrl

Why didn't they just release them to f&f.
August 31, 2008 @ 01:22 PM
kt0626

Infrared am90s
They're all sneaky when it comes down to it...F&F, right-from-the-truck releases, changes in prices...FYI - LS had em for $130, Vault for $120, and GF for , gasp $150! All prices b/f txs...
August 31, 2008 @ 02:53 PM
GOVOLTRONIC

Expect the unexpected...

Got my Unfuturas @ GDFT no hassle, no lineups, no drama. If only other releases could be this way but then there would be no hypebeast.
August 31, 2008 @ 07:55 PM
crono06

how much are the space tigers and lobsters? also, if i hit up G' next weekend, will any be left? looking for sz10.5-11...
August 31, 2008 @ 09:37 PM
GOVOLTRONIC

If memory serves me correctly Spacetiger $130+tax and Lobster $150+tax.

Lobsters are growing on me. Maybe if they don't get eaten up next weekend I'll cop.
August 31, 2008 @ 10:00 PM
crono06

mmmm alright thanks a lot gov, i'll probably cop the lobsters, but just ebay the space tigers cuz it's cheaper to do so...
September 1, 2008 @ 10:01 AM
clifford

I managed to get a size 9.5, bthere was a crowd in the shop waiting for the shipment one of my friends told me whose cool with the gdft crew so basically when they put it out everything was gone since there was a busy crowd waiting in the shop. goodfoot yorkville hardly got a few pairs which are releasing tomorrow there's really no point since most of the stock dropped at the richmond location with that crowd, it was $150.00 and 1 per person.

You can't be serious. I guess the days of being able to cop nice shoes with no hassles are pretty much over.

I love the days when i would see a shoe and wait for it to go on sale....and then cop. Like 4-5 years ago when footlocker had the ugly duckling pack, they couldn't give them sh1ts away, i bought mine on sale for $60. Now I see these things going for $200+ used.

Anyways, I guess that's just the nature of the business.
September 1, 2008 @ 12:34 PM
GOVOLTRONIC

You can't be serious. I guess the days of being able to cop nice shoes with no hassles are pretty much over.

I love the days when i would see a shoe and wait for it to go on sale....and then cop. Like 4-5 years ago when footlocker had the ugly duckling pack, they couldn't give them sh1ts away, i bought mine on sale for $60. Now I see these things going for $200+ used.

Those were the pre-'99 days which are long gone. Post-Tiffany it has been like this.

It just depends if the masses like what you do as well then you either have to rely on connections or accept the marked up price. But if you really want a shoe that bad you'll figure a way otherwise it's off to the next sneaker for me.
September 1, 2008 @ 12:47 PM
hollertronix

I walked into Underworld at 4pm on the day of the Tiffany release and was able to cop my pair.
September 1, 2008 @ 02:51 PM
GOVOLTRONIC

^Lucky you.

GDFT TO Tiff lineup was over 100 deep with the line starting around 5am. SMH now dudes camp day(s) before.
September 1, 2008 @ 05:20 PM
TheChemist

They're all sneaky when it comes down to it...F&F, right-from-the-truck releases, changes in prices...FYI - LS had em for $130, Vault for $120, and GF for , gasp $150! All prices b/f txs...

well the argument about the price I can agree with but to call the release "sneaky" when their past drops have been during the week basically when their shipment comes in is unfair.

yep if there's some sort of hype to the shoe you got to lineup here no matter which store has it. I miss those days you can just walk in and leave anything pre 2003.
September 1, 2008 @ 09:47 PM
kt0626

well the argument about the price I can agree with but to call the release "sneaky" when their past drops have been during the week basically when their shipment comes in is unfair.

Its sneaky when somehow people know enough to hang out at the store as its being unloaded - that sound fair? How many knew via the staff? Sure they've had drops during the week, but also had drops on Sats, ala in the past and other stores...
September 1, 2008 @ 11:34 PM
pyceasyas123

screw goodfoot...i called everyday last week to find out when they were releasing the infrareds and everyday they would tell me tomorrow...i even called on the day that they "dropped" them at about 5pm and they said their gonna release tomorrow...goodfoot is gonna go down as fast as they came up if they dont put a bit of focus on customer service...hell you can walk into a goodfoot store without any of the employees saying a word to you...they think their better than you or something when really your paying their wage...i shouldnt generallize and say that all the staff are like that...im sure theirs a few good peeps out there but it only takes one or two bad ones to screw everything up...goodfoot is not a monopoly for sneakers anymore...they need to realize that...

just my piece of mind...im sure some of you would agree.
September 1, 2008 @ 11:36 PM
Zero_Regret

screw goodfoot...i called everyday last week to find out when they were releasing the infrareds and everyday they would tell me tomorrow...i even called on the day that they "dropped" them at about 5pm and they said their gonna release tomorrow...goodfoot is gonna go down as fast as they came up if they dont put a bit of focus on customer service...hell you can walk into a goodfoot store without any of the employees saying a word to you...they think their better than you or something when really your paying their wage...i shouldnt generallize and say that all the staff are like that...im sure theirs a few good peeps out there but it only takes one or two bad ones to screw everything up...goodfoot is not a monopoly for sneakers anymore...they need to realize that...

agreed... but as long as they keep selling what people want... they will continue to draw in customers... I hardly ever buy anything there cuz I can get it elsewhere.
September 2, 2008 @ 02:55 AM
TheChemist

Its sneaky when somehow people know enough to hang out at the store as its being unloaded - that sound fair? How many knew via the staff? Sure they've had drops during the week, but also had drops on Sats, ala in the past and other stores...

all I really see is probably someone who was mad they couldn't make it down and get their pair while being beat out by others. from the stories I heard and from what I read on other forums it was just people being in the store at the right time. people were going by the shop during the day asking when the shoes were coming out and employees said a shipment is coming in today so people started waiting in the shop from the afternoon. the shoes came in and the crowd of people waiting in the shop for the afternoon got their pairs, they didn't get much I think it was 25 or 27 pairs. nothing was held and none of their "regular customers" got or so the guy working there told me, they kept 3 for the bay location which went in the morning. I live like 3 blocks from the shop so right when I saw it posted here I just went over and was lucky to get mine. I keep up with all the shops and their releases and this is no different than previous goodfoot releases in the past few months the only difference is everyone and their mama wanted the shoe they didn't get a lot and a big group of people made a smart move and waited.

the only gripe if any that I had was them charging 150 but I really can't complain since places in the usa are asking for 200-250 which is the same asking price on egay I'm not the one to stress over 20 bones.
September 2, 2008 @ 05:31 AM
mr.delete

chemist is right. it is what it is.
you didn't get what you were after, so you're mad. believe me i know.
bitching about it doesn't help because it's not like GF gives a rip about their rep anyway. thats not changing.
buy somewhere else then. pay a little more to get what you want if its that damn important. GF sold their stuff, they don't care about you. get over it.
September 2, 2008 @ 09:37 AM
clifford

I live like 3 blocks from the shop so right when I saw it posted here I just went over and was lucky to get mine.

I'm a few blocks away from the bay location so i got up off my backside at around 5:30PM and headed down there....only to be told that the Richmond location was going to drop the kicks on Saturday. I wasn't too pleased when I got home and found out they had already dropped. I actually wanted them to wear and not to resell.

As far as the price, no surprise here. GDFT's notorious for pricing their stuff higher. I'm not mad at that as folk will buy the stuff anyways.

If you have other priorities (9-5, kids, life, etc) you're not copping hyped kicks cuz most folk aren't going to camp DAYS in advance for some sneakers.

Anyways, it is what it is...in the grand scheme of things it's no big deal.
September 2, 2008 @ 09:45 AM
Professio

And yet they sold out....lol
September 2, 2008 @ 09:58 AM
frankie123

anyone noe wens the new supreme line gunna drop at nomad?
September 2, 2008 @ 10:11 AM
Zero_Regret

anyone noe wens the new supreme line gunna drop at nomad?

I'm guessing this saturday since it's dropping on the 4th in the US.
September 2, 2008 @ 10:58 AM
TheChemist

I think this or next saturday they usually drop around the main supreme release in the states.
September 2, 2008 @ 11:59 AM
kt0626

I'm a few blocks away from the bay location so i got up off my backside at around 5:30PM and headed down there....only to be told that the Richmond location was going to drop the kicks on Saturday. I wasn't too pleased when I got home and found out they had already dropped. I actually wanted them to wear and not to resell.

As far as the price, no surprise here. GDFT's notorious for pricing their stuff higher. I'm not mad at that as folk will buy the stuff anyways.

If you have other priorities (9-5, kids, life, etc) you're not copping hyped kicks cuz most folk aren't going to camp DAYS in advance for some sneakers.

Anyways, it is what it is...in the grand scheme of things it's no big deal.

Agreed Cliff. Some of us have other priorities and this is lower on the totem pole...also agree with Chem and Del on their comments; 'cept not all of us live 5 min away, hence it woulda been nice for those of us further away or dealing with other things at the moment to have a better shot at the goods...

In the end yeah, GF will still sell specifics no matter what, to whomever, whenever - and timing is everything, so be it....Who mad, whos bitchin? Not me...I still copped, even with all the bad 411 leading up to the drop - but I do feel bad for those who tried and tried but got hung out...
September 2, 2008 @ 12:59 PM
jolly

SMH, they're doing what they do
ain't a damn thing changed since day 1

sucks to you if you missed out, but there are alternatives if you feel that bad about it.
just keep it moving
September 2, 2008 @ 01:33 PM
pyceasyas123

naw man it hasnt been like that since day 1...back when skam used to run things - when goodfoot was pretty much the only sneaker store in toronto - goodfoot was a dope spot and the people were chill and friendly...its all the new people that brought the 'too cool' attitude. also since martin left ransom they've gone downhill too.

but enough about that...like you said lets keep this moving.

SMH, they're doing what they do
ain't a damn thing changed since day 1

sucks to you if you missed out, but there are alternatives if you feel that bad about it.
just keep it moving

Please login first to reply.