Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
March 8, 2008 @ 10:44 PM
Potsnu

^Where you the guy that came with another Asian?
March 8, 2008 @ 10:49 PM
Potsnu

Didn't the flannels looked like they run small? It didn't look Large to me

civicb where you 1 of 2 Asian guys that was standing behind me? If you came around 11:30ish at the line.
March 8, 2008 @ 10:56 PM
Zero_Regret

I got there around like 8:30 ish. It was mad cold... and it was wack how they were holding stuff for f&f and selling it to them in front of us. I wanted the kermit tee... no lie... but to line up and not get it cheesed me off considering there were some in the back which were being held to others.
March 8, 2008 @ 10:59 PM
Potsnu

You came at 8:30ish and didn't get one? So how early were the First 5 then?
March 8, 2008 @ 11:06 PM

Inactive

^^I think I was one of the asian guys that came behind you, I came around 11:30.
March 8, 2008 @ 11:31 PM
civicb

Didn't the flannels looked like they run small? It didn't look Large to me

civicb where you 1 of 2 Asian guys that was standing behind me? If you came around 11:30ish at the line.

oh were u the guy wearing blk northface and blk cap?
if u were then yes i was the one who's wearing a green cap...

so u got in b4 me did u get anything???
March 8, 2008 @ 11:37 PM
Potsnu

I was after you I think. Naw I wasn't rocking the North Face. I was dressed fucntional lol, some old ass jeans and a Parka. I was in front of a white guy who was mad chill and 2 Asian guys were behind him. Chatted a bit, but was too cold to make any conversation for the most part.

For those that was at the front of the line, can you confirm if any 5 Panel plaid caps were ever sold to the public? I mean I saw one Asian rockin' a sick purple plaid 5 panel around the store and outside...

And another 2 more that was given from the back. Never saw any at a display case or behind the desk. I kinda regret not coppin' the Cognac tees or the snap backs lol.
March 8, 2008 @ 11:46 PM
Gmas

Yeah, the 5 panel plaid box caps were being sold...at least two different ones.

It's true that there were only 5 Kermit tees available to the people in line. They were honest though. Someone asked if they had anymore and they said yeah, but they're on hold for people. Fair enough. I do truly believe they limit the stuff staff can buy. For that Nov drop with all the hats, someone told me staff could only buy one a piece. Seems more than fair again.

They did have a ton of stuff. Kermit excluded it looked like they had probably close to 100 tees there available. No key chains or accessories though.

They also opened half an hour early and didn't charge tax to those who braved the storm. Two things they definitely did not have to do.
March 8, 2008 @ 11:48 PM
twt8628

Came by at around 9:30.. and I am not suprised by the stories coming out of Nomad..

I like it how the one dude, who obviously had his shit saved, just walked right in and grabbed his stuff in front of everyone (red kermit board + White kermit tee) and still got no tax? Next time they should hold it until the day after..or later in the day... Very strange indeed...

I love the store itself and the guys that work there are awesome ....but dont slap us in the face. I know its hard enough to state that you only have 7 kermit tees for sale when there were probably more that were on hold for "friends", but to deal with business like that sucks.

BUT, they probably know this and don't care cuz people (myself included) are still going to line up and wait for another supreme drop and all this shits gonna happen again.. Sucks to have a monolopy on supreme clothing in toronto...
March 8, 2008 @ 11:55 PM
civicb

I was after you I think. Naw I wasn't rocking the North Face. I was dressed fucntional lol, some old ass jeans and a Parka. I was in front of a white guy who was mad chill and 2 Asian guys were behind him. Chatted a bit, but was too cold to make any conversation for the most part.

For those that was at the front of the line, can you confirm if any 5 Panel plaid caps were ever sold to the public? I mean I saw one Asian rockin' a sick purple plaid 5 panel around the store and outside...

And another 2 more that was given from the back. Never saw any at a display case or behind the desk. I kinda regret not coppin' the Cognac tees or the snap backs lol.

the guy u talking about wearing the purple plaid 5 panel around the store i believe he's "qwest905"...i'm pretty sure coz i bought a pair of atmos am1 from him...and i saw him walking in and out without staying in line too...haha
he's probably one of those "friends and families" lol

btw...how much was the deck?
March 9, 2008 @ 12:01 AM
soulize

That was me in the purple flannel boxcap, that one was from a previous season.

Didn't really get a chance to chat it up with anybody like usual, had to be at the vet.

Came at 12 and ran in and out...sorry to those that had to endure the cold morning but that's my fam right there at United Front.

Glad to hear at least some people who lined up are happy though, just have been hearing negative feedback from the day from all the posts.

BTW I'm not Qwest905 but he's a good dude.
March 9, 2008 @ 12:11 AM
civicb

sorry my bad...haha cool
March 9, 2008 @ 12:23 AM
10digitdeep

Potsnu - you were standing in front of me i think..
March 9, 2008 @ 12:43 AM
Potsnu

Oh that was you? Well I expect loyal customers to be treated differently, I totally understand that. I mean if I'm dropping tons of cash at a local shop, I do expect special favours.

I think most of us have a problem when it's done openly in front of customers that's all. If it was done behind the scenes where no one could see, it's all gravy.
March 9, 2008 @ 01:06 AM
TheChemist

yup i hear ya too man...i mean if i work in there i don't mind to hold some shit for my fds and families but keep them under the table...not in front of the guys like me who was fucking waiting out there in the cold but ended up buying nothing but a fucking snapback...and i thought they said they had a large watever stocks in history and blah blah blah but ended up just selling 5-7 kermit tee which i think it's ridiculous...oh well...

and i was driving from markham too and the road condition was crazy too...i almost killed myself in a corner bcoz i was rushing to nomad but ended up buying a fucking snapback...

lesson learned...if i need that frog tee i'll just go to a reseller and spend another $50 or something instead of killing myself in the snow...

from what I saw they had plenty of tees, hats and jackets etc.......so because the main item which every hypehound was drooling over wasn't in a mass amount like some other items that discredits this being a big shipment?

I do agree that one scenario in which 1 or 2 people bypassed the line and obviously had stuff on hold should have been handled differently and discreetly and it probably wouldn't have happened if Zeb was there, he got there the same time as me which was about 30 mins after they initially opened.

But outside of that it seemed as though everything went ok from what I heard when I got there.
March 9, 2008 @ 01:10 AM
civicb

^u r rite but i was at 20th in line and all i got was a fking snapback i'm kinda dissapointed...lol
btw they didn't have my size on most of the tees left...so i can't say they have a very big stocks...at least not the biggest in history...

edit: to supreme it doesn't make a difference if they make a large amount of the kermit tee...ppl will still line up for them no matter wat...so why would the kermit tee being so "limited" rite now? it's just a tee with a fking frog on it?! who's the real hypehound?
THINK ABOUT IT
March 9, 2008 @ 01:10 AM
soulize

Exactly...like damn...they had boxcaps, snapbacks, fitteds, a gang of tee's, hoodies, zipups, sail jackets, coach jackets, fanny packs, duffles, backpacks, baseball shirts, flannels, buffalo checks...
March 9, 2008 @ 01:26 AM
TheChemist

^u r rite but i was at 20th in line and all i got was a fking snapback i'm kinda dissapointed...lol
btw they didn't have my size on most of the tees left...so i can't say they have a very big stocks...at least not the biggest in history...

edit: to supreme it doesn't make a difference if they make a large amount of the kermit tee...ppl will still line up for them no matter wat...so why would the kermit tee being so "limited" rite now? it's just a tee with a fking frog on it?! who's the real hypehound?
THINK ABOUT IT

I guess you haven't been around Nomad for all their previous Supreme shipments, overall just from the looks of it..it was their biggest shipment and I agree with you on the last point.

I just find it funny when Supreme releases happens at Nomad the net crying that goes on, ah well got what I wanted when I got there seems as though the people that got there later on got what they wanted and I appreciate Nomad being honest with the people with myself and other customers when questions were asked about stock and availability of certain items.
March 9, 2008 @ 01:30 AM
coming_of_age

can anyone tell me if the 'S' fitteds were going fast? lookin to grab the red one in a 7 3/4. usually there aren't a lot of ppl with this head size haha so im hopefully of copping it.
March 9, 2008 @ 01:31 AM
civicb

conclusion:

-never line up when it's -20c or snow blowing like shit...
-even though u line up u need to be there at 5am or earlier otherwise even though u r 6th person in line u can't get your kermit tee...
-even though u get your kermit tee...dun feel anything coz it's just a AA brand tee with a frog on it...

so...
I CAN LIVE WITHOUT SUPREME hahahhahahah

j/k
i will go on ebay tmr first thing in the morning if kermit in my dream tonite...
goodnite guys
March 9, 2008 @ 01:43 AM
TheChemist

can anyone tell me if the 'S' fitteds were going fast? lookin to grab the red one in a 7 3/4. usually there aren't a lot of ppl with this head size haha so im hopefully of copping it.

should be fine saw a bunch there don't remember sizes just call in advance I would say esp with this weather.
March 9, 2008 @ 08:03 AM
Supreme_sole

THINK ABOUT IT

Dude you were 20th in line, What you thought u were going to get a kermit tee. Come on now
March 9, 2008 @ 09:59 AM
Zero_Regret

Dude you were 20th in line, What you thought u were going to get a kermit tee. Come on now

The first group of guys came at like 7 I think... so if u wanted the tee you'd hafta be there before them.
March 9, 2008 @ 10:17 AM
malaujai

Anyone know what boxcaps they had, pattern/colour-wise? looking to pick one up
March 9, 2008 @ 10:31 AM
freshtildeath

Were there any "Start Some Thing" tees left in Medium, colour doesn't matter really. Im gonna head up tomorrow and wanna know if it's worth it
March 9, 2008 @ 11:21 AM
clifford

These lineup stories are always hillarious to me cuz most of the peeps who lineup and wait for hours don't get sh1t.

It's like waiting in line for a club and the bouncer tells you "we're packed to capacity mang, you're going to have to wait".....2 minutes later a limo pulls up with a bunch a people and they walk right on in.

Money talks, if you're spending mad money at a store, restaurant, club, etc...they will look after you and that's how it shoud be.

As far as selling the sh1t infront of your face....well, spend more money and build a rapor t with the store and that guy cutting the line will be you next time.
March 9, 2008 @ 12:45 PM
Potsnu

I just find it funny when Supreme releases happens at Nomad the net crying that goes on, ah well got what I wanted when I got there seems as though the people that got there later on got what they wanted and I appreciate Nomad being honest with the people with myself and other customers when questions were asked about stock and availability of certain items.

Like I said before, the staff at Nomad are cool and I respect them. They offered me nothing less than exceptional service and help. The only problem we had was how certain things was done so blatantly and in our faces that's all.

I think we all remember this guy that looked like Peter Parker with the tucked shirt, exposed belt, glasses who looked agitated for even waiting 5 minutes in line. Then he forcibly and rudely made his way inside the store. Came back out a few minutes later with a bag in his hand. This was after a drought where no one was let in the store for 15-20 minutes. I think we all had an issue with that.

When Supreme offers an exclusive account to Nomad, I'm sure there's an understanding that the inventory will be sold to the public at large. Do you think it would sit well with Supreme or Zeb if they known the amount of stuff that was kept for family and friends? That shit wouldn't fly.

Can you imagine if Livestock only sold 5 of the North Carolina XX3's and kept the rest to themselves?

As far as selling the sh1t infront of your face....well, spend more money and build a rapor t with the store and that guy cutting the line will be you next time.

I see where you're coming from and I agree with that on a certain extent. Either way, most of these VIP customers were spending less than $100 in total that day. If I'm going to be spending 4-5 times that amount that day, at least allow me to buy something that's not Hyped and clearly in stock.
March 9, 2008 @ 12:46 PM
Potsnu

Were there any "Start Some Thing" tees left in Medium, colour doesn't matter really. Im gonna head up tomorrow and wanna know if it's worth it

They had one in yellow when I left, not sure if they have anymore. Lots of Cognac tees in various colours and sizes.
March 9, 2008 @ 12:58 PM
soulize

I cop from Nomad on the regular...and yesterday I dropped over $400 on Supreme items.
March 9, 2008 @ 02:27 PM
Sean__Price

Champs and Footlocker never seem to run out of 5 for $35 tees and
nobody lines up.

This is kermit de frog reporting live from .................

Please login first to reply.