Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
March 15, 2009 @ 09:00 AM
malaujai

gym tee $130 sad
March 15, 2009 @ 01:15 PM
easy-e

Holy crap @ the heather tee. Lucky I didn't reach...
March 15, 2009 @ 06:23 PM
em.cee

did nomad receive the yellow supreme windbreaker? if so, how much?
March 15, 2009 @ 08:30 PM
giorgio19

any info on stock left? bags, camera cases, caps i heard theres losts of tees n stuff left tho..and 55 now?
March 15, 2009 @ 08:55 PM
Alicks

^ i was there saturday and after everyone went through it seemed like they still had a bunch on the fuck you tees and isaac hayes tees and the ridiculous colours of the other ones
March 16, 2009 @ 05:47 PM
chriskris_1221

does anyone know how thick the baseball jacket is?
March 16, 2009 @ 08:20 PM
Gmas

does anyone know how thick the baseball jacket is?
Fairly thin....definitely wouldn't describe it as "thick".
March 16, 2009 @ 10:46 PM
NIQUE.

how much are tees? if someone could list prices for the items that they saw in store, i'd appreciate it cool
March 17, 2009 @ 07:57 AM

how much are tees? if someone could list prices for the items that they saw in store, i'd appreciate it cool

since the heather tee was 68 in US, then i guess its 130 in toronto. its a rape but the bad cdn/us exchange has soemthing to do with it too i guess. i bought a pair of shoes on ebay for 80, after exchange rate came out 102. if only the rate was like before basically 1 to 1.
March 17, 2009 @ 05:59 PM
Mobb Deep

200% markups.

This is why nobody should support United Front.
March 17, 2009 @ 06:16 PM
5tan

You obviously don't know how retail stores operate.
You see, store need to make profit in order to remain open, so by selling products above their cost, they make profit.

Cost of an item has other factors (currency exchange + shipping + customs/duties + original cost of the item to the store).

I do not work there, but anyone who knows how a business is run would know that.

United Front is not a not-for-profit organization....
March 17, 2009 @ 06:20 PM
easy-e

That's a good one!
March 17, 2009 @ 06:39 PM

Inactive

You see, store need to make profit in order to remain open, so by selling products above their cost, they make profit.

Cost of an item has other factors (currency exchange + shipping + customs/duties + original cost of the item to the store).

I do not work there, but anyone who knows how a business is run would know that.

yah, but if Nomad has a Supreme account, I'm sure they don't get the items at retail.

for a CDG play tee, it retails for like $50CND in tokyo, they sell it for like $150. lol. yeah, markup is necessary, but to what extent? again, since they are a retailer for CDG, they will get the tees below cost (excl. all the shipping/duty/etc).

For a CDG cardigan, they sell them for $480+tax where in Japan, its $200. TNTblue has it for $580+tax. Whereas the play tee at TNTblu goes for 180+.

its all markups. :D

Sorry I only use CDG as an ex, that's all I know. Not into Supreme.
March 17, 2009 @ 07:06 PM
Mobb Deep

Nomad has a Supreme account which means Nomad doesn't get Supreme at retail prices, but at cost prices.

25%-50% markups are fine because of currency exchange, shipping and all that, but 200% is fucking pushing it.
March 17, 2009 @ 08:21 PM
DSXMCHN

You guys also gotta remember the significant cost of sitting on stock for a whole season or more if something doesnt sell. The market for higher-priced items such as CDG and Supreme is still fairly limited, especially in this area. When Nomad is sitting on a Supreme coat for say 6 months, there is a lot of profit involved/lost because they also cant bring in as much new product.
March 17, 2009 @ 09:10 PM
ray90

It all comes down to they are the only place to carry Supreme and one of few places to get CDG. Glad I got my CDG stuff from Tokyo at the pop-up stores.
March 18, 2009 @ 04:31 AM
giorgio19

Nomad has a Supreme account which means Nomad doesn't get Supreme at retail prices, but at cost prices.

25%-50% markups are fine because of currency exchange, shipping and all that, but 200% is fucking pushing it.

From what i was told from an employee, they recieve supreme for retail because supreme doesnt have a wholesale account..so what is it 32 a tee plus shipping cost and what not, currency exchange, whatever variables you add ..so you figure that they probly dont make a crazy amount of profit, thats for tees anywyas
March 18, 2009 @ 11:24 AM
Gmas

There seems to be a whole lot of people throwing accusations in this thread without a real understanding of how retail works.

If you think Nomad is getting their Supreme gear at some great wholesale price, you're wrong. The dollar sucks right now, face it. Take the Heather tee for instance - $68 US is almost $90 CDN right now. Add in shipping and duties and you can see where the $130 price comes from.

Same with Visvim, CDG, and everything else. All of the conversion, shipping, and duties all add to the final cost.

For whoever quoted the CDG example, do you think there might be a reason Nomad, Roden Gray, TNTBlu all sell the stuff for roughly the same price?

Part of the image of many of these premium brands is tied to the price. They can mandate that stores not sell item X for any less than a set price. If they do, bye bye account.
March 18, 2009 @ 07:43 PM

Inactive

There seems to be a whole lot of people throwing accusations in this thread without a real understanding of how retail works.

If you think Nomad is getting their Supreme gear at some great wholesale price, you're wrong. The dollar sucks right now, face it. Take the Heather tee for instance - $68 US is almost $90 CDN right now. Add in shipping and duties and you can see where the $130 price comes from.

Same with Visvim, CDG, and everything else. All of the conversion, shipping, and duties all add to the final cost.

For whoever quoted the CDG example, do you think there might be a reason Nomad, Roden Gray, TNTBlu all sell the stuff for roughly the same price?

Part of the image of many of these premium brands is tied to the price. They can mandate that stores not sell item X for any less than a set price. If they do, bye bye account.

of course stores want to be profitable, thats the whole point of running a successful business.

but for a cdg tee thats $50 in japan and $180+tax in canada, thats a bit out of the range. if CDG are asking these Canadian shops to sell them at a premium, why isn't CDG selling them for $180 a pop themselves too?

of course you keep with all the currency, shipping, customs in mind (as well as the costs for running the store. ie. employee/rent/utilities).. then you set the prices for your merchandises, but there is only so few who would dish out $180 for a $50 tee.

If I see a friend wearing CDG tee and s/he spent $180 on it, I'd think they're pretty dumb. Cos in reality, they're only worth $50 at most (costs CdG about $5 to produce the tee).
March 19, 2009 @ 01:48 AM
giorgio19

yes i believe i said that/
March 19, 2009 @ 09:07 AM
thescott

Same old argument every season.....give it a fuckin rest already.
March 19, 2009 @ 10:22 AM
Zero_Regret

Nomad is the only spot that gets supreme here. They can charge what they want since its like a monopoly here. People will be willing to pay what they charge so why would they drop the price? If you don't like their pricing but still want the stuff then just pay someone to proxy for u...
March 19, 2009 @ 10:40 AM
cthulhu

id rather be giving my money to nomad then some random dude
March 20, 2009 @ 12:27 AM
J.Capo

I would just like to co-sign Gmas + 5tan. Some people have no concept of how stores operate.
March 20, 2009 @ 05:11 PM
linds_15

its not just nomad or nited front this is what retail is. take a classic watch like a movado museum, the basic one sells for 700$. what do the jewlers pay for that piece? they pay roughly 200$. i work at sporting life, you can go in and buy a pair of timberland boots for 200+ tax but timberland wholesale on them is 48$.

the nike apcs are selling for 200$ plus tax. at first i wasnt gunna get em considering apc.fr has em for 80 euros...but look at there US price, convert it to canadian, add dutie and shipping...200 makes sense
March 20, 2009 @ 05:25 PM
easy-e

^ The APC Nike's are like $100 CAD retail in Hong Kong. That's what made me hold on that purchase over here...

Either way, this debate can go on forever. I'm sure the United Front would appreciate it if we didn't flood their thread with this crap.
March 20, 2009 @ 07:39 PM
clifford

If they sell out, why would they drop prices?

Stores aren't in the business of giving people good deals. They're in the business of making money.
March 20, 2009 @ 09:14 PM
Potsnu

Your logic would be valid except that Nomad was already selling Supreme at these prices when the dollar was on par last year.

My 2 cents on this whole topic, I think some items are reasonably priced and justified. Some items are just ridiculously over priced.
March 20, 2009 @ 09:58 PM
Dysphoria

So...

Aside from all thats happening in the past few pages, which seem interesting but not in the mood in reading it all, just wondering if there are still Lance Mountains floating around? If so, how much? Or am I better off buying from Japan? haha
March 20, 2009 @ 10:54 PM
Gmas

So...

Aside from all thats happening in the past few pages, which seem interesting but not in the mood in reading it all, just wondering if there are still Lance Mountains floating around? If so, how much? Or am I better off buying from Japan? haha

They should still have a few pairs floating around - had them when I was there a few days back. Probably limited sizes though by now.

Please login first to reply.