FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (24 HOURS LEFT)
July 20, 2007 @ 10:35 PM
leaftors

It's ridiculous. I tried to order a shirt from the hundreds. The shirt was 18. The total.... 73$
July 20, 2007 @ 11:31 PM

Inactive

it sucks.
July 21, 2007 @ 12:59 AM
goatfacekillah

it really does suck
big up stores like Krudmart.com (free shipping for purchases over $65) who got love for Canada
July 21, 2007 @ 10:07 AM
FreshAddict

yeah shipping costs 2 canada are ridiculous, i dont even order anything online anymore
July 21, 2007 @ 02:51 PM
-kT

aren't we all tired of the fees?

not much we can do, though
July 21, 2007 @ 03:37 PM
leaftors

why is it expensive though? wtf is the dif between shipping from east coast to west coast than usa to can?
July 21, 2007 @ 03:54 PM
big london

Yeah, shit is ridiculous. I learned my lesson tho, won't be ordering online from the states no more.
July 21, 2007 @ 03:55 PM
n0cturnal

thats how those shipping guys make business i guess.
July 21, 2007 @ 06:35 PM
leaftors

i guess theyre losing money now..
July 21, 2007 @ 10:58 PM
soletrumpet

Dude u probably had shipping from UPS ground or Fedex ground.
Both charges rape brokerage fee price for stuff from US to Canada.

Next time make sure shipping is from US postal service or else forget abt ordering.
July 21, 2007 @ 11:39 PM
SprNtrl

I make a point of either leaving a note in the paypal/credit payment comment box, or e-mailing after the order has been placed with order# to ask them to mark as "gift" or mark value at $10USD. This usually works unless it's specified in their shipping policy that the customer is responsible for all charges. If so, outta luck.

With shops like StussyDirect...they charge you $30 for duty fees and shit...it comes to a larger total then if I were to hustle downtown to hit up the local shops...plus I'm supporting said shops as well.
July 21, 2007 @ 11:42 PM
contaygious

it's canada's fault. they do it to offset the price so you don't buy everything in the usa. less people = more money for the same shit. nike charges the same amount for shoes to the usa and canada, but retailers here jack the price up with less competition.

my problem is it takes forever! i've been waiting on my shit from my mom for like 3 weeks already and i know it's stuck in customs somewhere so they can open it up and try to charge me for shit.......bullshit! USA doesn't open every fuckin package and see if they can charge you.
July 21, 2007 @ 11:45 PM
SprNtrl

With the Canadian dollar so high to the U.S. dollar we are getting ripped on every good we purchase.
July 22, 2007 @ 12:29 AM
adrian

^^

Yeah, that's why you gotta head down to the states if you have the chance, to save some money smile
July 22, 2007 @ 01:27 AM
st00sEE

ship it down to the blaine, wa near peace arch border or pt.roberts...
drive down and pick up your stuff and pay 13% tax on it with paypal receipts
or smuggle it if your a rebel smile
^^ saves u the bullshit brokerage/duties which usually costs more than your items when it comes to clothes

this is a must for me since i order car parts which cost arms and legs haha
July 22, 2007 @ 01:58 AM
Gmas

it's canada's fault. they do it to offset the price so you don't buy everything in the usa. less people = more money for the same shit. nike charges the same amount for shoes to the usa and canada, but retailers here jack the price up with less competition.

Dude, get your facts straight before you start spouting off...

First, Nike does most certainly not charge the same for their shoes to US and Cdn retailers, that's why their suggest retail prices are so different (MSRP).

Second it's not Canada' fault at all lol. The prices are so much higher because our dollar has been worth much less in the past. It's companies who continue to set CDN prices based on previous dollar values.

Now more than ever, it makes tons of sense to buy from the US, you just have to be careful about shipping and learn how to minimize or eliminate additional taxes/fees. If you're a smart shopper, prices for Cdn's when buyng abroad are cheaper than they've ever been since our dollar is worth much more, but US prices have stayed the same.

To minimize taxes/duties/fees:

- It's extremely important to use USPS whenever possible. FedEx, UPS, etc. (especially UPS) are notorious for charging LOTS extra via brokerage fees and such

- Have the seller/shipper declare a lower value amount. The only catch with this is if you're insuring the pkg. You can only insure it for obviously the amount you're claiming it's worth. So you can't buy Tiffanys, but have them marked as a $30 value, yet still get insurance for $500. Second, Canada Customs is not dumb. Marking something as a "gift" does not give people free reign to send things tax-free. It helps in them maybe not checking and opening a pkg., but rest assured if something is marked as $300 and a "gift", you're paying....

- Another idea which makes more sense if you're having multiple items shipped, and live close to the border.....take out a PO Box and just drive down every so often to get your stuff
July 22, 2007 @ 02:06 AM
clifford

I buy mad stuff from the States, only got charged fees once (it wasn't much since i always tell the seller to mark the package under $60).

I've even gotten stuff through UPS and haven't paid anything.

Just tell the person you're buying from to mark as gift value under $10 and you're straight.
July 22, 2007 @ 12:54 PM
leaftors

thanks for the tips.

i hate living in canada
-1 cus the weathers shit
July 22, 2007 @ 01:27 PM
croook

i am! i tried getting the hundreds denim and shippin was 62.48! absolute bullshit.
ive been waiting for 2 weeks for my shit too arrive from ebay, i dont know where it is. i ordered a shirt from cmonwealth and it arrived faster then the shit i got from ebay even though i bought the shirt from ebay first. fucking hate customs bullshit
July 22, 2007 @ 05:17 PM
leaftors

thats like making import fees for condoms to africa high priced. no offence

there are very few streetwear stores in canada. they should make exceptions
July 23, 2007 @ 11:46 AM
goatfacekillah

the reason it's so expensive and hard to get shit through customs is to protect domestic businesses. 'cmon kids, this is business 101

no its not.
NAFTA is set in place to support business w/ the US. Read your waybill next time you get something from the US via UPS. About 1/3 is tax. The other 2/3 is UPS' greedy hand taking "brokerage" fees (cause apparently UPS' brokers are worth more then usps')

Please login first to reply.