FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (24 HOURS LEFT)
May 25, 2007 @ 10:48 PM

Inactive

People in Vancouver, where did u guys buy ur suits and the outfit at?
And please leave an approximate price tag as to how much u spent for the whole outfit, or list out each part of your outfit's price
May 25, 2007 @ 11:52 PM
Couch

Rent, don't buy, as chances are you're only going to wear it once.
May 26, 2007 @ 12:16 PM
larssss

except there is no H&M in vancouver.

rent it, chances are you will only wear it once for quite a while
May 26, 2007 @ 01:27 PM
prokart

Actually I suggest that you buy a suit, but not a tux. A nice one too cuz u can just tell the cut is different. And most likely you are gonna need the suit when you are in university and other important occasions.

I got mine at Harry Rosen @ Oakridge as my 17th b-day gift from my parents. They have great selections and the staff is helpful, have fun there!
May 26, 2007 @ 04:46 PM

Inactive

Actually I suggest that you buy a suit, but not a tux. A nice one too cuz u can just tell the cut is different. And most likely you are gonna need the suit when you are in university and other important occasions.

I got mine at Harry Rosen @ Oakridge as my 17th b-day gift from my parents. They have great selections and the staff is helpful, have fun there!

i'm planning to buy one that can be used half and half for different occasions. because i don't have anything near a suit or tux, i really need something. good thing is that i'm still not gr.12 yet so i still got time. good to plan ahead.smile

went by harry rosen, and holt but both stores selection are pretty high up with the price tag. i don't mind going for it, but i want to know what other choices i got.

Thanks.
May 26, 2007 @ 05:29 PM
Couch

i'm planning to buy one that can be used half and half for different occasions. because i don't have anything near a suit or tux, i really need something. good thing is that i'm still not gr.12 yet so i still got time. good to plan ahead.smile

went by harry rosen, and holt but both stores selection are pretty high up with the price tag. i don't mind going for it, but i want to know what other choices i got.

Thanks.

If your really wanted a suit, you can get one from Mexx or Zara.
May 26, 2007 @ 05:34 PM
skelea

For what you plan on using it for, I wouldn't recommend going too high-end. There is no point in spending $800-1000++ on a suit that you might only wear 3-4 times over the course of a few years.

Check out The Bay or Sears, they have a large selection of Mid-price suits from labels like Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein, Jones New York, etc. And they are almost always on sale. You'll probably be able to grab a $550-600 suit for $300-350.

You can also try Banana Republic, for around $500-600. For something cheaper, there is always Mexx, Zara or H&M (once they open in BC), as already mentioned.
May 26, 2007 @ 06:34 PM
savagehood

i thot there is h & M in coq center
May 26, 2007 @ 07:00 PM

Inactive

Zara would be my choice if you're looking for a nice, durable suit that doesn't cost a fortune. Banana Republic also has some nice pieces as well.

If you want your suit to last, get one in plain black. Tradition calls for a three-buttoned suit but two is fine if you're on the tall side. Lapel wise (informally referred to as the collar) the most common one is a Notch lapel. Width of the lapel varies depending on formality. The skinner the lapel the more casual the suit.

i thot there is h & M in coq center

It's not opened yet.
May 26, 2007 @ 09:06 PM
rekanize

i bought an all black sean jean suit at $410. should last me for a while after also
May 26, 2007 @ 11:06 PM

Inactive

For what you plan on using it for, I wouldn't recommend going too high-end. There is no point in spending $800-1000++ on a suit that you might only wear 3-4 times over the course of a few years.

Check out The Bay or Sears, they have a large selection of Mid-price suits from labels like Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein, Jones New York, etc. And they are almost always on sale. You'll probably be able to grab a $550-600 suit for $300-350.

You can also try Banana Republic, for around $500-600. For something cheaper, there is always Mexx, Zara or H&M (once they open in BC), as already mentioned.

any specific The Bay or Sears that u guys recommend, cause i don't know if its more expensive Downtown, but there might be a better selection
May 27, 2007 @ 03:06 AM
prokart

Zara would be my choice if you're looking for a nice, durable suit that doesn't cost a fortune. Banana Republic also has some nice pieces as well.

If you want your suit to last, get one in plain black. Tradition calls for a three-buttoned suit but two is fine if you're on the tall side. Lapel wise (informally referred to as the collar) the most common one is a Notch lapel. Width of the lapel varies depending on formality. The skinner the lapel the more casual the suit.

It's not opened yet.

cosign, zara's stuff is not and inexpensive. Im actually getting a zara dress shirt tmr. Btw my suit is plain black too. ;)
May 27, 2007 @ 09:57 AM
skelea

any specific The Bay or Sears that u guys recommend, cause i don't know if its more expensive Downtown, but there might be a better selection

The prices should be the same at all locations. I would recommend the Downtown location for selection and service. Stay away from the Metrotown ones.
May 27, 2007 @ 12:44 PM
goatfacekillah

Moore's
June 3, 2007 @ 03:46 AM
kaita

for you hong kong people, i got mine from G2000 there, cheap (mid-1000's hong kong dollars) with dress shirt and suit+pants
June 3, 2007 @ 04:46 PM
Jolin

yee moores represent!
June 4, 2007 @ 12:05 AM

Inactive

what type of selection do u get at Moore's though. because if its really limited with barely any style except for styles that fit a workplace, and not a grad party, then it won't exactly work

i went to holt, and looked at some Paul Smith, that was kinda the look i was going for
June 9, 2007 @ 04:09 PM
gRapz

i got one from zara for 250 $

returned it after prom.
June 19, 2007 @ 01:56 AM
mickz

Got mine from Tip Top. Most of the guys when I grad got theirs from Tip Top, Moores or Mexx. It'll run you about $300+ for the suit not including dress shirts, ties, shoes, etc.

Wore the same suit for grad pictures, prom and grad itself. Didn't really care I wore the same suit for all those occassions. Hell, I'll get married in that suit too.
June 19, 2007 @ 01:26 PM
eddyz

go to china, custom tailored suit from a old ragid looking dude for under 80 bucks!!!!!! *no joke, there are tons of these places in like guang zhu.*

I also go to G2000 to get my suit. they comfy yet light.. i think G2000 is almost like the MEXX here in Canada.

Please login first to reply.