Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
May 8, 2007 @ 10:45 PM
skateordie

From what I heard that's a shirt that Matt and Aysix from Goodfoot made to diss Livestock. I guess it backfired? Karma's a bitch.
May 8, 2007 @ 11:00 PM
DMics

May 9, 2007 @ 12:06 AM
soulize

Everyone just smoke some next tings together cool
May 9, 2007 @ 12:50 AM
tdotwonda

I see, GoodFoot wanted to put out a tee saying that Livestock are
"Jock Riders" but Livestock put the tee out before they could,
to counter diss them?

what does "loafted" mean?

Goodfoot is an offspring of Livestock?
May 9, 2007 @ 01:55 AM
AysiX

there is so much misinformation in this thread it's bananas

I didn't make ANY shirts....so whoever threw my name in this is buggin...i pick what shoes come into our store...it's not about anyone vs anyone

if this does indeed turn out to be a livestock shirt...they took the idea from a shirt that has already been printed and will show up sooner than you think

goodfoot was first, livestock came about after we created the buzz and market and that's undeniable. in fact, ANY boutique style sneaker spot with has us to thank for creating the business in canada....the closest thing Toronto ever had was Delphic and Vancouver has FWUH...but neither was a sneaker store by ANY means.(EDIT...TWFR was pretty damn cutting edge for their time and I completely forgot them. Good point...again not just a sneaker store though...they sold more clothing than shoes)

it's not being cocky or putting down anyone else, it's cold hard fact. before goodfoot matt was selling shoes online, jesar and zeb were selling LV/Gucci'd out Af1's through Vice and I was hustling US GR's to cats out of my mom's basement. Opening a store was the natural progession and a HUGE risk at the time.

there's enough money in this country for EVERYONE...our scene is still mad small and getting smaller everytime things get blown out of proportion like this.

people need a sense of humour...i personally think us giving away a t-shirt that says ride jock in their font is jokes...they opened up less than a block away from us..it's an intentional move designed to cake off of our traffic and step on toes.

Which is all good since we opened a couple blocks away from them....no one is losing sleep over this and hopefully you guys will realize that it just means more chances for us to work harder to get your business and improve our respective companies.

If anyone else has a need to post another thread about this or come through with some speculative info..don't bother. Come see me at the store or go talk to Garry Bone and you can genuinely hear how the situation really is.
May 9, 2007 @ 02:16 AM
mr.coreytrevor

TWFR
May 9, 2007 @ 07:12 AM
soulize

Bone...aiyyyo
May 9, 2007 @ 09:15 AM
skateordie

TWFR

Yeah TWFR (24) had good kicks back then.
May 9, 2007 @ 11:09 AM
copcopcop

Zeb and Jesar cut their teeth at TWFR
May 9, 2007 @ 11:55 AM
AysiX

^^
This is true.

And then followed Raif's lead by bringing in import product/customs and slanging them out of a glass case in the Toronto Vice store.
May 9, 2007 @ 01:31 PM
A-Sharp

Word to TWFR & FWUH. To bad Blaze shut FWUH down or whatever. Bad timing.

What Up Q!
May 9, 2007 @ 01:38 PM
flex1

I do think 24 is the originator for anything remotely 'streetwear' for Canada, but Goodfoot definetely for shoes.

For those that don't know 24 was in Vancouver and sold Comme Des Garcons, Supreme, aNYthing, Silas etc before anything blew up, they later became Richard Kidd and the rest history.
May 9, 2007 @ 02:31 PM
AysiX

yeah vancouver mid-late 90's was craze...crispy biscuit, twfr, and fwuh, not to mention that the downtown yard was still chill to paint

i miss the old vancouver...seems like the dudebros and fobs have really taken over
May 9, 2007 @ 03:02 PM
A-Sharp

We will never see the days of the Crispy Biscuit show. (What up Kilo Cee!)and all the pervious mentioned stores. Vancouver has gotten really soft.
May 9, 2007 @ 05:32 PM
ackbar

*pauses a second to reminisce
May 10, 2007 @ 01:14 AM
skateordie

I find it funny, that from Aysix post on "who did what" in the sneaker game which is mostly true by the way, he never once credits Skam?
I'm originally from Vancouver and moved to the big city before Livestock opened, but do remember 24 and the Vice store in Toronto. I first found out about Vice from a "Peace" magazine feature on "sneaker pimps" (not the art show) and showing the guys who worked at Vice (Zeb, Jesar, Skam) and their sick collections, which made me visit the store and ultimately making friends with them.

Skam ran that store, and was much a part of those LV & Gucci re worked AF1's as Zeb and Jesar. I know, I bought a pair from them. Zeb actually told me that Skam made all those shoes, cut and prepped them, that's why they were so flawless! I also remember the case they had there, they were selling their own gems and selling on a consignment basis for Matt. That's where Goodfoot really started, with the help of Zeb, Jesar and, Skam. Skam was the manager at the time and really helped out Matt by selling his shoes from the Vice case and helped him make a name for himself. As far as I'm concerned Skam has helped and has been in the sneaker game heavy from day one. Even before all the hype, he showcased his collection at that Kensington show put on by Karim and Nike in 2002!

It's just so pathetic to see Matt's cheap shots at Skam, when he helped him out from day one! when Matt was a nobody. We can all see Matt's True colors!
You can't even front on the guy, he has paid mad dues in the graffiti and sneaker game! People need to chill the fuck out, and give respect where its due, I'm happy for
Skam and I know he'll be a great asset to Livestock.
May 10, 2007 @ 07:01 AM
soulize

That whole Vice and glass case and customs via Skam/Zeb/Jesar/Ace and reselling/importing by Matt way back when really did jump off the sneaker culture for Toronto in a big way, I don't think anyone is denying that. Money and business gets in the way and skews situations.
May 10, 2007 @ 07:56 AM
AysiX

skateordie

whoever you are you obviously know everyone i know so if you want to discuss this further come see me...i'm not trying to omit or front on anyone but you do have your details and timeline a little off. Jesar managed Vice at the time and put Jason in that role when he bounced to open Goodfoot.

i've known jason since i was 16 years old. we're from the same neighbourhood and we painted graf together for years before I bowed out gracefully to do music. we were friends before this sneaker sh!t was cool on a global scale, so this is nothing...it's business. we rep different camps but we're doing the same thing at the end of the day..putting CANADA on the map as an influential and important country for gear and kicks and the culture that accompanies it.

i wouldn't front on him and i don't need to convince an internet forum of that. he knows the real deal and i told him how i felt when he told me he was opening livestock end of story.
May 10, 2007 @ 08:40 AM
skateordie

Sorry Aysix, nothing against you I know you too, but you got it wrong! Skam was working at Uncle Otis Queen street location since 1997...In 1999 Vice bought out the location and Skam was then the Manager/Buyer. In 2000 Zeb and Jesar moved to Toronto and Skam gave them a job, their first foundations in the Toronto fashion industry. Don't believe me? go ask Zeb and Jesar yourself.
May 10, 2007 @ 08:49 AM
soulize

i like graf
May 10, 2007 @ 01:36 PM
cmoney

there is so much misinformation in this thread it's bananas

I didn't make ANY shirts....so whoever threw my name in this is buggin...i pick what shoes come into our store...it's not about anyone vs anyone

if this does indeed turn out to be a livestock shirt...they took the idea from a shirt that has already been printed and will show up sooner than you think

goodfoot was first, livestock came about after we created the buzz and market and that's undeniable. in fact, ANY boutique style sneaker spot with has us to thank for creating the business in canada....the closest thing Toronto ever had was Delphic and Vancouver has FWUH...but neither was a sneaker store by ANY means.(EDIT...TWFR was pretty damn cutting edge for their time and I completely forgot them. Good point...again not just a sneaker store though...they sold more clothing than shoes)

it's not being cocky or putting down anyone else, it's cold hard fact. before goodfoot matt was selling shoes online, jesar and zeb were selling LV/Gucci'd out Af1's through Vice and I was hustling US GR's to cats out of my mom's basement. Opening a store was the natural progession and a HUGE risk at the time.

there's enough money in this country for EVERYONE...our scene is still mad small and getting smaller everytime things get blown out of proportion like this.

people need a sense of humour...i personally think us giving away a t-shirt that says ride jock in their font is jokes...they opened up less than a block away from us..it's an intentional move designed to cake off of our traffic and step on toes.

Which is all good since we opened a couple blocks away from them....no one is losing sleep over this and hopefully you guys will realize that it just means more chances for us to work harder to get your business and improve our respective companies.

If anyone else has a need to post another thread about this or come through with some speculative info..don't bother. Come see me at the store or go talk to Garry Bone and you can genuinely hear how the situation really is.

So if this is the case Why are you even going out of the way to talk S$@T
about my shop when i have had a skate shop in my area for 5 yrs ????? and now you guys are trying to be a skate shop ????? Then making comments about the guy who got fired from nike that opened me up when it was Matt himself....lol... maybe your misinformed. Maybe you shouldnt have sb cause your not a real skateshop?????
May 10, 2007 @ 02:38 PM
AysiX

^^we probably shouldn't but we'll never lose the account

thing is we had SB before those rules kicked in..2003 before everyone wanted to open a sneaker shop. Nort/Recon NYC isn't a skate shop either...yet they have am SB account. there's exceptions to every rule.

we're not a skate shop nor are we trying to be but I bet our Ransom skate team in Vancouver absolutely demolishes anything you could come with. Not to mention our BMX team in Toronto.

but for real...i'm sounding way too salty on here....get that money man...hopefully your shop does well in a neighbourhood that isn't traditionally known for creative retail spaces.
May 10, 2007 @ 05:42 PM
ackbar

who's on the bmx team?
May 10, 2007 @ 05:43 PM
cmoney

i hear ya bro,

I think we all have our markets and are doing our thing, hope to see ya around.

Peace
May 10, 2007 @ 05:45 PM
cmoney

who rides for your skate team???? i couldn't find any info. Obviously your a bmx guy yourself so i would imagine you have some bud's riding for ya.
May 10, 2007 @ 09:15 PM
funkdoobi

my simple thread turned into a pussy war. =/
May 11, 2007 @ 02:13 AM
AysiX

skate team is on the low until we fully launch the ransom brand...but i will tell you a dude who's name starts with G and ends with A reps hard for us

bmx team is the 4 core members of the Inner City Circle...Toronto's premier street bmx crew...their video is coming soon and will feature more goodfoot stickers than you ever imagined could be thrown on a bike

they're actually having a huge street jam in toronto on the 26th...i expect 50-100 riders to show up for this one...gonna be nuts
May 11, 2007 @ 10:43 AM
soulize

PAUSE
May 11, 2007 @ 04:34 PM
cmoney

ya i saw Gailea is rocking the Goodfoot hard for sure. He's a great guy been out with him a few times.
May 13, 2007 @ 03:27 PM
Balance

how can two stores backed by children of wealthy families act like they're so hood? is it going to end with matt george and g-man getting into a 'MY DAD'S PORTFOLIO IS STRONGER THAN YOUR DAD'S PORTFOLIO'.

Exactly. George's dad is worth 200 million and he grew up with a platinum spoon in his mouth. How the f*ck does he get off actin hood? Dudes a good businessman but actin gully is silly. If he keep runnin his mouth on this situtation, someone is gonna slap him around.

Please login first to reply.