Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
April 11, 2007 @ 12:16 AM
Delatocious

Just some observations...

1) Off The Hook. They have an Alife account.. whoop dee fucking doo. They charge $60 bones for a t-shirt when they retail at Alife Vancouver for $45 and they ship. I'm not sure why Alife decided to give them a clothing account considering how stingy they are with them, but you know something is wrong when you can buy an Alife t-shirt next to some LRG jeans. This store is like a streetwear shop that failed, or a skate shop that is having an identity crisis. Shit man, Influence U sells nicer sneakers than this shop.

2) Goodfoot. I'm a Livestock guy myself, but I don't discriminate so I have no beef with Goodfoot, but I have beef with Goodfoot Montreal being a complete afterthought compared to the other Goodfoot's. I remember when I used to cop SB's from them, they'd get maybe 5 or 6 sizes - the pairs that didn't sell in Toronto the weekend they came out. Lame. The Goodfoot brand has a lot of cachet in Canada and it's a shame they wasted their resources on such a small shop. Speaking of cachet, I see a lot of toys running around with their Goodfoot fitteds thinkin' they got a pass cus they reppin the spot but you look at their feet and they got some Dunks straight outta Athletes World. This brings me to point 3...

3) The people. This doesn't mean everyone. This is a cool city and there's a lot of cool people in it, but people that are apart of this little sneaker community could not be more lame. It's either Dunks or die with these kids. It's like the SB trend just hit these kids. I been to some of these sneaker nights at Mile End and whatever and I just shake my head every time. I did see a girl rockin' a Rogue Status beater there once that kinda made me suprised But whatever. At least people are wearing SB's than white Lacoste's with their bootcut 7 for all Mankind's or Rock & Republic's.

Now onto our saving graces..

1) The women. No explanation needed.

2) Underworld. I'm kinda mad that I had to pay these guys $200 for my Diamonds when they came out, but I quickly forgot about that when I sold em for $500 last month. One of three Vans Syndicate accounts in Canada.. how can you hate?

3) Simons. Here's a hint.. they sell Maharishi, and sometimes it's really cheap.
April 11, 2007 @ 10:29 PM
tdotwonda

montreal chicks are sluts! that rules...
April 11, 2007 @ 10:35 PM

Inactive

I miss the old Montreal..I'm talking Gary Carter, Andre Dawson...
April 11, 2007 @ 10:56 PM
sellme

haha, welcome to HB.
April 11, 2007 @ 11:14 PM
20hundred

Yeah i definately agree with you that Montreal does have it's problems...

However i don't think it's right that you "diss" shops like off the hook ( i work there btw ), u gotta understand that any montrealer isn't ready to pay for 200 $ denim that they don't know about... Yes, we gotta educate them...which is why (i dont know when is the last time you've been to the store) we've been bringing in smaller brands, slowly educating the population...brands like Reason, Fuct, Undrcrwn, mishka..etc. Regardless, what i'm trying to say is that at the end of the day, the people in montreal still wants their LRG, and we've been selling lrg since god knows when..so the thing is, we can't just abruptly shut them down.

And i really don't see what is wrong with the OTH sneaker collection...please enlighten me. Jordans don;t mix with Nikes? or Reebok ? or DC's don't work with Alifes? whats the prob here

I beleive honestly, that the problem montreal has, is the language barrier...There are no french blogs or any type of media to educate them about street wear...that is the problem not because shops like OTH or GDFT aren't up to par in your book.

AND for the mile end parties you're talking about, you're definately not at the right place..if ur looking for the sneaker crowed...roll over to the W on thursday nights and you'll see some real heat down below.
April 12, 2007 @ 04:37 AM
A-Sharp

I'd have to concur with Montreal has got some nice Slut's.
April 12, 2007 @ 08:27 PM
Jon's_Coffee_Shop

Just some observations...

1) Off The Hook. They have an Alife account.. whoop dee fucking doo. They charge $60 bones for a t-shirt when they retail at Alife Vancouver for $45 and they ship. I'm not sure why Alife decided to give them a clothing account considering how stingy they are with them, but you know something is wrong when you can buy an Alife t-shirt next to some LRG jeans. This store is like a streetwear shop that failed, or a skate shop that is having an identity crisis. Shit man, Influence U sells nicer sneakers than this shop.

2) Goodfoot. I'm a Livestock guy myself, but I don't discriminate so I have no beef with Goodfoot, but I have beef with Goodfoot Montreal being a complete afterthought compared to the other Goodfoot's. I remember when I used to cop SB's from them, they'd get maybe 5 or 6 sizes - the pairs that didn't sell in Toronto the weekend they came out. Lame. The Goodfoot brand has a lot of cachet in Canada and it's a shame they wasted their resources on such a small shop. Speaking of cachet, I see a lot of toys running around with their Goodfoot fitteds thinkin' they got a pass cus they reppin the spot but you look at their feet and they got some Dunks straight outta Athletes World. This brings me to point 3...

3) The people. This doesn't mean everyone. This is a cool city and there's a lot of cool people in it, but people that are apart of this little sneaker community could not be more lame. It's either Dunks or die with these kids. It's like the SB trend just hit these kids. I been to some of these sneaker nights at Mile End and whatever and I just shake my head every time. I did see a girl rockin' a Rogue Status beater there once that kinda made me suprised But whatever. At least people are wearing SB's than white Lacoste's with their bootcut 7 for all Mankind's or Rock & Republic's.

Now onto our saving graces..

1) The women. No explanation needed.

2) Underworld. I'm kinda mad that I had to pay these guys $200 for my Diamonds when they came out, but I quickly forgot about that when I sold em for $500 last month. One of three Vans Syndicate accounts in Canada.. how can you hate?

3) Simons. Here's a hint.. they sell Maharishi, and sometimes it's really cheap.

I'm going to have to agree with you man on virtually all of what you said and I'm from Montreal myself. It's a great city but it's specialties is definitely not in the Streetwear/Sneakerhead game. I'm not really into the clothing that OTH sells no offense to Vinny it's a nice looking shop but the only real brand I'm barely have a liking in is Stussy. GDFT have mad chill people especially on Monday I think that's when Toddy works. I only like him and the white dude (seems only them two only know about shoes) all the other employees don't know shit about sneaks. It's hypebeast central over here and it pisses me off either there is too many people rocking fake shit or people wearing real shit are wearing the biggest hypebeast stuff with a pair of dunks that suck. Also out of all those stores, Underworld is the shittiest one can't believe you liked that store...

Yeah i definately agree with you that Montreal does have it's problems...

However i don't think it's right that you "diss" shops like off the hook ( i work there btw ), u gotta understand that any montrealer isn't ready to pay for 200 $ denim that they don't know about... Yes, we gotta educate them...which is why (i dont know when is the last time you've been to the store) we've been bringing in smaller brands, slowly educating the population...brands like Reason, Fuct, Undrcrwn, mishka..etc. Regardless, what i'm trying to say is that at the end of the day, the people in montreal still wants their LRG, and we've been selling lrg since god knows when..so the thing is, we can't just abruptly shut them down.

And i really don't see what is wrong with the OTH sneaker collection...please enlighten me. Jordans don;t mix with Nikes? or Reebok ? or DC's don't work with Alifes? whats the prob here

I beleive honestly, that the problem montreal has, is the language barrier...There are no french blogs or any type of media to educate them about street wear...that is the problem not because shops like OTH or GDFT aren't up to par in your book.

AND for the mile end parties you're talking about, you're definately not at the right place..if ur looking for the sneaker crowed...roll over to the W on thursday nights and you'll see some real heat down below.

Man Vinny I've been going to that store long before you even got that job there and trust me the sneaker side it's not into the Nike side of stuff I remember when they sticked with their JB Classics and Ipaths they should of stayed there I don't blame Angelo wants to see where the cake is at. I don't know about the OTH shop anymore haven't went in a while Kelly & Angelo are mad chill but I just don't like brands like Mishka, Reason, LRG, etc... Why are you carrying Fuct though? isn't there like 2 stores on St. Laurent?
April 12, 2007 @ 08:47 PM
hype sucks

personally i have to agree that montreal has its problems. the city is a joke and is being flooded with fape more and more lately, although that is not the intial issue that was brought up. I have to agree that OTH is pretty wack and the only brand in the store worth stopping by for is Stussy and Alife but like the other dude said, the prices are ridiculous especially for what your getting, weren't hoodies like $120? but thats just me. Scifen? fucking joke. Undercrown? Have you see those wack ass sneakers they just put out? They look like fucking game hurricanes or undercrowns own version of the Spi'zike. Id be embarrased to own a pair of those. The matching tee was nice though ill give you guys that. Most of your little "underground" or smaller lines aint hot either. Oh and you wanna know whats wrong with your sneaker section? ITS A JOKE THATS WHATS WRONG! You guys have too much going on. From skate shoes to creative recs to nikes to reeboks. Seriously though what heat do you guys even carry. As far as nikes you guys carry stuff that even Footlocker or sometimes Urban Outfitters might even carry. Ohhh wow jordan 4 dunks and glow in the dark packs. Thats some serious heat. And vinny i seen you around the site trying to stunt like you all up on the game. You aint man. Why cause you got some cement 3s? DAMN! I didnt know it was that easy to be all up on the game just by getting cement 3s and some hyped clothing. Oh and remember man next pic you take for WDYWT, dont forget to place your supreme napsack for the camera. Oh and stack them boxes right too man. I wanna see your heat >sad . ITS ME SNITCHES!>sad

OH AND BY THE WAY I AINT GONNA HATE ON GOODFOOT THOUGH CAUSE THERE DOING THERE THING AND I RESPECT THEM. Oh and by the way vinny boy, quit promotting SBL, when i seen that you aint even been to the first one yet in that other thread whinning that you missed it. How you gonna act like theres heat when you aint seen nothing. Man you aint up on SBL cause if you were you woulda known that its been 2 years in the works and has actually taken place at atleast one other location, BLVD. If the DJ's like Kid K.I.C.K.S. need a new promoter, you should stop by one night and tell him your the man for the job. JUST THOUGHT ID DROP SOME MONTREAL SNEAKER KNOWLEDGE UP IN HERE FOR YOU BOYS. ENJOY THE READ! I KNOW I SURE HAD FUN WRITING THIS! BY THE WAY THIS WHOLE RESPONSE WAS OFF THE TOP OF THE DOME. AND IM NOT TAKING SHOTS AT NO ONE. WE DONT DISS THEM WE DISMISS THEM!
April 12, 2007 @ 09:59 PM
T-ron

Just a small fact sbl has been at more than just BLVD.. there was Blizarts, Jello, and a small bar on st laurent that changed name like 4 times so i don't remember what it was called at the time sbl was first held there..

it was even supposed to make a return to lolita..

The fact that it's at the W now is mad cool though and the opening was CRAZY
I should be there now but i'm to tired to go.. Im gonna get mad heat tomorrow from everyone..
SOrry guys..

Can't stop the Crooks... except when we are tired...
Peace.
April 12, 2007 @ 11:26 PM
Delatocious

I don't see the appeal of partying with a bunch of dudes who are tryin' to 'out-sneaker' each other. I seen pics on Facebook of last weeks event.. just a bunch of dudes rockin' SB's or these disgusting plastic Jordan retro's. T-Ron was the only dude I saw lightin it up with his premes but they it looks like you unds'd them just for that event.. whateva. sbl got the heat haha. what is heat kid? heat aint some fire reds that you bought at footlocker.

im not gonna hate on vinny but i seen dude around concordia with his puma store bought evisus, staff discount bought 10 deep sweater, and you guessed it, his sb's. i think ive honestly met one or two other dudes in this city who are ACTUALLY into sneakers and dont think they need to rock some stupid dunks or go to some stupid event to be down with the scene. but whatever floats your boat.. like i said im not hating i just think its corny.

this sums it up right here:

April 12, 2007 @ 11:46 PM
tdotwonda

sounds like montreal's fucked!
viiny you gettin hatin on hard!
any montreal sluts at the party
April 13, 2007 @ 12:04 AM
20hundred

^ what can i say, montreal has alotta haters too...always take shit personal then gotta blow their steam engine, tehres our problem
April 13, 2007 @ 12:58 AM
20hundred

whats most contradictory is when kids complain about people on the street rocking their LRG shit, like "hes no on point..ew scifen ew this and that..." What are u expecting? It's gotta start somewhere. And then when people actually do know their stuff and are sctually rockin some heat, they gotta hate and stomp on them, "oh well he's a noob, its the only nice shit he owns yadadada"...If people chill out , maybe we'd make progress...Do u expect everyone to just own a collection from the beginning?...The sneaker game is not KNOWN in montreal, so...let them get their sbs and let them get their GR kicks...why do u gotta complain bout that? Everybody's gotta start somewhere. IF someone started busting OG jords outta nowhere, you call them a wannabe and that he knows nothing bout jays...but how would u expect people to learn about it, give it time... :-\, guys just chill out
April 13, 2007 @ 06:21 AM
T-ron

That actually wasn't the first night of SBL that was Kid kicks bday..
and the supremes wheren't mine they where birdmans..
i was rocking wisdumbs..
There was sooo many people at the opening that i couldn't even see what shoes people where wearing..
and there where TONS of chicks....
April 13, 2007 @ 12:52 PM
A-Sharp

You realize your arguing about sneakers and "Who's Kooler" right? Sounds like MTL has a bunch of little girls.
April 14, 2007 @ 08:37 PM
AysiX

wtf
wow this thread makes me glad i left...if i was east or maura i'd sh!t on whoever is talking trash on them.

you guys are lucky to have any shops given the level of support and money spent on gear and kicks out there. montreal is behind the rest of canada for a reason...people don't spend money because people don't have any to spend.

don't get it twisted i loved being part of changing montreal's shopping culture but old habits die hard. everyone is so used to getting things on sale 2 or 3 specific times a year and knowing someone who works somewhere or in the distro industry that they just don't understand throwing down $ on something dope.

the best customers in montreal all sell drugs or have a telemarketing scam or something sketchy...they keep so many businesses going as does that whole off the books economic system there.

as for getting small runs in SB's...that was the dynamic then, we were a small business starting up and there wasn't much support in the city.

all of our locations get up to 50 pairs of every sb release now if they need them so don't speak on something that is essentially ancient history. it's not 2004 and goodfoot montreal has come a LONG WAY from where I started from

at the end of the day though, why would you send 100 pairs of a shoe to montreal if only 18 people are going to buy it and another 35 are going to come in and pick it up and sleep on it only to come back during the street sale or boxing day and expect it to still be there..

and props to UNDERWORLD?? for what? consistently being dicks to anyone who's not a white/french skate rat or for selling sb's way early and getting everyone else in the country in trouble for it?

if sports oddysseee or however the hell you spell it wasn't in quebec you can bet they wouldn't have a syndicate account..alex probably has shares in it for all i know

but i digress. i don't want to sound as salty as the rest of the cats on here because i'm not...life is good
April 14, 2007 @ 08:50 PM
Delatocious

-------"and props to UNDERWORLD?? for what? consistently being dicks to anyone who's not a white/french skate rat or for selling sb's way early and getting everyone else in the country in trouble for it?"-------

I don't cop SB's so I can't speak on that, but I only gave them props for their Syndicate account. It's nice not having to deal with my NYC connects to try and get a pair of stupid Vans. I remember the days when these things were not hyped up, and were almost frowned upon. I've never had a problem with Underworld though, but I know a couple of people that work there so I guess that's why I'm treated somewhat decent.

But Mr. Aysix, please don't get it twisted. I was never knocking Goodfoot. I remember when I did cop SB's, they would never get any decent sizes (and yes, this was definitely back in the day circa 2004). Goodfoot is a great shop and it's a shame that it's being exploited by these kids that just got in the game, but whatever.. that's life. It happens here, it happens everywhere. But at the end of the day, I'm happy that this city has a boutique like Goodfoot, but I don't even see how that location is financially viable (but I'm not going to get into your guys' business). I wish Goodfoot and the rest of the crew the best of luck with their future endevours.

I pretty much agree with everything else you said about the city. People expect to get everything on sale or through a friend. No one really cares about dropping money on something dope. All of these things are SO true. The only people here with money are indeed the dealers and the telemarketers. I have a few buddies that run these scams and they're whippin' brand new SL600's, Porsche Carrera's, etc. It's really sad and pathetic to be honest. Only in this city...
April 14, 2007 @ 10:36 PM
tdotwonda

montreal is so behind... forget sb
i have a friend from montreal who tells me that they're still on karl kani, jony blaze and ecko!!?!! haha
I guess it's the language barrier...
no on has told them...
April 14, 2007 @ 10:46 PM
TonyBG

^ I still see people at my school comming in with brand new G-unit shit.
April 14, 2007 @ 11:00 PM
tdotwonda

haha... CURTIS! haha
how do people wear that garbage?
stick to making music!
April 14, 2007 @ 11:06 PM
TonyBG

forgot to say, people still wear phat farm shoes too..
April 14, 2007 @ 11:20 PM
tdotwonda

those hiphop brands are all on the way out...
they had there time and they are dying a horrible death in the malls...
April 14, 2007 @ 11:26 PM
AysiX

syndicate
just to elaborate on that point about syndicate

the distributor for vans is based out of quebec...having a good business relationship would guarantee underworld the account without even trying so no props are really needed there.

in my opinion the only account in canada who really fits VANS' actual target shop model for syndicate is Antisocial in Vancouver.

-------"and props to UNDERWORLD?? for what? consistently being dicks to anyone who's not a white/french skate rat or for selling sb's way early and getting everyone else in the country in trouble for it?"-------

I don't cop SB's so I can't speak on that, but I only gave them props for their Syndicate account. It's nice not having to deal with my NYC connects to try and get a pair of stupid Vans. I remember the days when these things were not hyped up, and were almost frowned upon. I've never had a problem with Underworld though, but I know a couple of people that work there so I guess that's why I'm treated somewhat decent.

But Mr. Aysix, please don't get it twisted. I was never knocking Goodfoot. I remember when I did cop SB's, they would never get any decent sizes (and yes, this was definitely back in the day circa 2004). Goodfoot is a great shop and it's a shame that it's being exploited by these kids that just got in the game, but whatever.. that's life. It happens here, it happens everywhere. But at the end of the day, I'm happy that this city has a boutique like Goodfoot, but I don't even see how that location is financially viable (but I'm not going to get into your guys' business). I wish Goodfoot and the rest of the crew the best of luck with their future endevours.

I pretty much agree with everything else you said about the city. People expect to get everything on sale or through a friend. No one really cares about dropping money on something dope. All of these things are SO true. The only people here with money are indeed the dealers and the telemarketers. I have a few buddies that run these scams and they're whippin' brand new SL600's, Porsche Carrera's, etc. It's really sad and pathetic to be honest. Only in this city...
April 15, 2007 @ 08:08 AM
T-ron

Asyix... Wha't s good man??
I miss your outlook on things.
No i'm not hating you should holla at you MTL boys once in a while.
I Guess we should holla at the Tdot boys once in a while as well..

So now that we are done with the What's Wrong with Mtl can we start the what's right with montreal??
-Beautiful Women everywhere.
-Some of the best Restaurants in the WOrld
-Summer Festivals galore
-more beautiful women
-Cultural Diversity
-Night LIfe actually exists.
-beautiful women.

feel free to add more to the list ..
April 15, 2007 @ 01:35 PM
A-Sharp

MTL has some good porn companies too.
April 15, 2007 @ 02:39 PM
Jon's_Coffee_Shop

montreal is so behind... forget sb
i have a friend from montreal who tells me that they're still on karl kani, jony blaze and ecko!!?!! haha
I guess it's the language barrier...
no on has told them...

kid are you stupid? you can go in the US or in Canada and people are still wearing that stuff not to mention karl kani and ecko somewhat big brands in North America...

T-Ron: ya man our city really isn't a streetculture city but I guess this is not what it's made for I don't mind though luckily we have the internet... man imagine if we didn't have that
April 15, 2007 @ 06:55 PM
tdotwonda

haha jon loves karl kani...
April 15, 2007 @ 07:28 PM
Jon's_Coffee_Shop

confused you're terrible please stop...
April 15, 2007 @ 09:09 PM

Inactive

1rst: I have a couple of those goodfoot fitted cap.
I bought those fitted caps cause I love the shop.. you can stay there and talk with the sstaf for 1 hour... i dont think taht i;m gonna get a pass with my gdft fitted cap and my gdft t-shirts... It's more like "reppin" a canadian sneaker boutique.

maintenat: OFF THE HOOK
merde.. they are extremely cool.
yeah, they sell LRG.. SO WHAT?! undrwrld also sell LRG...
they are stepping their game up.
and I hear that they will do a collabo with new era.. so I'll cop one.. cause I like the store.
no.. i dont think that I'm gonna get a pass or some free shit. I just like the staf and the atmosphere.

MTL has some good porn companies too.

is that true?

the undrworld:they are cool with me.. even if i dont skate (i "used" too.. )
April 15, 2007 @ 09:24 PM
T-ron

Jon have you been to the SbL night??
you should come out..
it's good times..

WIll your to young for PORN...

Please login first to reply.