Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
January 24, 2012 @ 05:47 PM
zerosevenfive

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted some info really, I'm planning on leaving Ireland in November to go to Canada for a year, going to apply for a years working holiday visa which will allow me to travel around a bit and also work.

Was just wondering if you guys could tell me what places/city's to go to, any cool festivals, clubs .. and other cool spots etc. Basically just awesome places you guys go or have been smile ..

Thanks In Advance!

Will

ZEROSEVENFIVE

January 24, 2012 @ 08:01 PM
YoungRizal

Where exactly in Canada b?

FS - Supreme Nupste, WTAPS Parasmock ETC

January 24, 2012 @ 08:05 PM
Don Quixote

Toronto and Vancouver are the places to be!

In the sacred name of Dulcinea

January 24, 2012 @ 10:08 PM
YoungRizal

i guess you havent been to MTL then

January 24, 2012 @ 10:28 PM
Don Quixote

i guess you havent been to MTL then

ye i been but my grandparents live there so its usually w fam
no chance to check out anythin

In the sacred name of Dulcinea

January 25, 2012 @ 01:28 AM
Mormur

it's a bit late for this now but you could look into getting a job at one of the hundreds of ski hills for the remainder of the season
January 25, 2012 @ 12:27 PM
zerosevenfive

Thanks for the responses guys

Was just thinking of travelling all around first and then staying in the spot I like the most.

@Mormur.. Any specific website's going about that?

Mad excited wherever I go since it is such a difference from the UK/Netherlands where I'm from

ZEROSEVENFIVE

January 26, 2012 @ 02:52 AM
Mormur

Not sure really. Whistler, Fernie, Big White, and Silver Star would be good places to look at though.
January 26, 2012 @ 03:29 AM
Cboom

Canada isn't really a good country to 'travel around' considering it occupies 1/6th of the world's landmass and BC alone is bigger than France and England combined. Just come to BC. Most diversity, beaches, mountains, laid back culture, better retail landscape (imo), close to Whistler, Interior, island. I got love for Toronto but it's just a big city, a pretty plain one at that.
January 26, 2012 @ 11:25 AM
zerosevenfive

Thanks for the Advice guys, I was leaning towards BC to be honest. What's the employment opportunity's like over there? Obviously depends on what your skills are but is there a big hit of recession out there? I'm doing Dutch Technical Support atm over here in Dublin so was hoping to use my Dutch speaking skills over there smile

Any dope skating hotspots smile ?

ZEROSEVENFIVE

January 26, 2012 @ 01:09 PM
Mo Helio

Naw, you have to come down to Toronto too!
Def check out BC and Montreal too though.
January 26, 2012 @ 02:39 PM
zerosevenfive

Will definitely do!

I appreciate all the comments, big time.

Just seen the post about Leeside Skatepark in Vancouver, BC. Will be heading there too

ZEROSEVENFIVE

January 26, 2012 @ 09:48 PM
johnathan

TBH your dutch speaking skills won't come in handy i don't think. I'm not sure what your plans are to come down here without a job. It won't be as easy as you think getting a job out here but good luck anyways. BC is the place to be

free max b 2013

January 26, 2012 @ 10:10 PM
Cboom

If you don't know how to bartend, learn. It is the THE best working holiday skill you can have. It's in demand, great money and social (meet new people, bang women). Your foreigness will work in your favour.
January 27, 2012 @ 10:54 AM
zerosevenfive

There's only one way of finding out and thats by going man, like I have good Qualifications, several years experience.. w'll see smile like thats the risk im taking really but I can see where your coming from.

Bar tending haha, I havnt got any experience in it to be honest but its a really good shout! Might get on the case while I can over here smile Thanks for your guys advice.. really cant wait now! Stoked

ZEROSEVENFIVE

January 27, 2012 @ 10:25 PM
zetazeta

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted some info really, I'm planning on leaving Ireland in November to go to Canada for a year, going to apply for a years working holiday visa which will allow me to travel around a bit and also work.

Was just wondering if you guys could tell me what places/city's to go to, any cool festivals, clubs .. and other cool spots etc. Basically just awesome places you guys go or have been smile ..

Thanks In Advance!

Will

A coworker of mine is on a 1 year working visa from Ireland as well (I forgot which city he's from). So far he says he likes it a lot razz
January 29, 2012 @ 05:09 PM
YoungRizal

Toronto
Vancouver
Montreal

the only places Canada got to offer. Good luck mate.

January 29, 2012 @ 08:15 PM
zerosevenfive

Thanks Guys!

Going through my visa application this week, then booking flights, arriving on 1st of December!

ZEROSEVENFIVE

March 28, 2012 @ 01:07 AM
Nicolaj

As an Irish guy I think you should go to Newfoundland :D

You would be drowning in ladies trying to get in your pants... the girls here LOVE guys from Ireland!
If you decide to go somewhere else, at least come here for a visit, or stop by on the way to BC.

Irish guy+George Street=Crazy times with LOTS of ladies.

/Nicolaj
May 30, 2012 @ 11:10 AM
denny

Exactly where you going in Canada.
Toronto and Montreal are the best places to visit you can also book the Furnished apartments toronto ,they are providing the best furnished apartments you just feel like you were in your home.

Furnished apartments toronto

This topic is closed, replies are no longer accepted.