FLASH SALE - 25% OFF - USE CODE: FLASH25 (25 HOURS ONLY)
September 11, 2006 @ 12:14 PM
wunfreshprynce

ok i know this is not really fashion related but where can i find a good asian salon in TO? preferably near york area, or down town - are there any?
September 22, 2006 @ 06:13 AM

Inactive

ok i know this is not really fashion related but where can i find a good asian salon in TO? preferably near york area, or down town - are there any?

if u got the money, go to cumberland, there is a salon called CONCEPT. ask for the japanese stylist.

if u r low on budget, go to korean town, there is a place called maya, korean n japanese stylists there.

if u want HK stylist, they are all up in the north.
September 23, 2006 @ 07:56 PM
wunfreshprynce

sweet man where is this cumberland and how mcuh are talking about?

and is maya easy to get to without a car?

and hwo do you mean by up north?

sry for bombarding these Qs but ive been only living in TO for 3 weeks
September 23, 2006 @ 09:12 PM
yourboychris

I'll tell you the TTC routes for the places:

Bay Station = Cumberland (Last time I went it cost me $65)

Christie Station = Korean Town (cost me $10)

Finch or Sheppard station = Up North (prices range for about $10-20)

Hope that helped. Take the TTC the better way ;)

Did you arrive from HK? I noticed alot of HK people at UofT

sweet man where is this cumberland and how mcuh are talking about?

and is maya easy to get to without a car?

and hwo do you mean by up north?

sry for bombarding these Qs but ive been only living in TO for 3 weeks
September 26, 2006 @ 04:42 PM
ninemilli

Which of the place can i get the best faux-hawk, like that rocker-ish look, and how much?
September 26, 2006 @ 10:37 PM
yourboychris

Try those places around Yonge/Bloor. I have no idea of the prices. Never got one myself
September 27, 2006 @ 01:20 PM
wunfreshprynce

aii thanks a lot man, i'll take a look around. yep i come from HK but im not at UofT im at york
September 28, 2006 @ 04:53 AM

Inactive

faux-hawk?
try toni n guy? razz
September 28, 2006 @ 06:30 PM
malaujai

im at UTSG... residence at new hall in new college....
March 21, 2007 @ 09:42 PM
ninemilli

are there any good stylist in Scarborough??
March 21, 2007 @ 10:22 PM
Supreme_Bape

I go to a place called Nicholas Hair Salon (its owned by "pang ling's" brother, since you're from HK you should have heard of her) its in the Sheraton Parkway Mall on Hwy 7 it shouldn't be too hard to get thre from York because there are Viva buses that go there and its about $20ish for a haircut
March 21, 2007 @ 10:50 PM
soulize

Get a fade
March 21, 2007 @ 11:41 PM
ninemilli

Get a fade

I can do that my self. Plus i got tired of cutting it every damn week so just it would look fresh. Like i had a faux hawk before but too hard to maintain in winter time, like i cant even show it cos its so damn cold, wearing a hat and all. But im going back to get it again for the spring/summer grew it for almost 4 months from a fade. i dunno where the best place is, but i went to the Bay Bloor Japanese sylist and he gave me the sickest faux hawk, with the back like a mullet but spiked up it was very nice, but 30 dollars and the trip is not really worth it. so looking for a new spot.

oh and thanks for the people that answered my questions.
March 22, 2007 @ 03:14 PM
ahhhrt

Cut your own hair. Even if it's long I found it the single best investment of time to make.
March 22, 2007 @ 03:38 PM
leaftors

^ Pacific Mall third floor all the way at the top. Go all the way to the right past all the food courts. The place is called Chin G. Ask for Mitchell, he gave me a pretty good cut last time.

do they do good fauxhawks? and any good place near scarborough?
March 22, 2007 @ 05:49 PM
ninemilli

do they do good fauxhawks? and any good place near scarborough?

good question. someone need to answer this.
March 22, 2007 @ 11:55 PM
PSiBeR

Theres one in Markham if its not too far for you. Its in a chinese plaza on Hwy 7/Kennedy Rd. Inside the plaza look for a hair salon called "idCux". Ask for Kenny. He does pretty good fauxhawks, I'm rocking one and I'm asian.
March 22, 2007 @ 11:58 PM
A.N.S.

^Hey man...would you mind posting pics? That's if you have time...thanks.

PS: Thread bookmarked. cool
March 23, 2007 @ 11:00 AM
ninemilli

yea pics. thanks.
March 24, 2007 @ 07:14 PM
phazy

Chin G is a good place. They'll pretty much do anything you ask. Just make sure communication isn't a problem.
April 6, 2007 @ 11:04 PM
leaftors

how much for faux hawks at chin g? i need a fresh cut
April 11, 2007 @ 04:20 PM
tsenre

im looking to get a faux hawk too. anyone have a good front,back,and profile picture of an asian/filipino faux-hawk? i think something similar to what jonas from LRG has, but maybe more of a hawk.

i think i've seen some members on this site with dope faux hawks, so if you dont mind posting that would be dope (no homo).

and where is the best place to get one at (and price)
April 11, 2007 @ 08:21 PM
ninemilli

how much for faux hawks at chin g? i need a fresh cut

26 dollars.

im looking to get a faux hawk too. anyone have a good front,back,and profile picture of an asian/filipino faux-hawk? i think something similar to what jonas from LRG has, but maybe more of a hawk.

i think i've seen some members on this site with dope faux hawks, so if you dont mind posting that would be dope (no homo).

and where is the best place to get one at (and price)

Well my first time i got it at salon at cumberland, bottom of the GaP at bay and bloor. A Japanese guy named Hide did it, cost me 30 dollars plus tip so 35. Very nice Faux Hawk, front was normal style hawk but the back has like short mullet curling to the front and the rest is gelled spiked up and side flat. My hair before the cut at the time was pretty long, like mini pony tail.

And my second Faux Hawk got it at Chin G, guy named Erin Ko korean rocker guy, style is totaly different, its not as spiky and the back is short but it looks so much cleaner and easier to maintain than my first hawk, cost me 26 but with tip i gave him 32. My hair before the cut took me 4 months from a bald fade.

Edit:
Which one is better, i dunno there both pretty good, depends on the style, your budget and ur travell.
Oh and at Chin G they also have other people that can cut faux hawks . Unlike in Cumberland only Hide seemed like he knew what he was doing, because its a downtown salon, most of their customers are womens.

hope that helped.
April 11, 2007 @ 08:23 PM
tsenre

thanks alot, im 2 weeks into a fresh cut, so im just waiting for the back to grow out. put up pics if you do get a chance to take some, thanks
April 11, 2007 @ 08:45 PM
ninemilli

see i would but my rents took the digi cam for vacation. but take my word for it just explain them what you want and how you want it. Either Mitchell or Erin at Chin G they will give sugestions if a fawk hawk is right for you if not they will get some idea which will fit your style. just call to book an apointment so no wait, same for Cumberland salon.
April 15, 2007 @ 01:32 AM
leaftors

i got a faux hawk cut from chin g. but not wha i expected. way dif style. it has more of a japanese style to it. there is this other place in pmall with adult fob looking peeple but the guy did my first faux hawk pretty sick.i will try to get the name when i get it again. i gotta grow this ont out first. i dont really like it.
May 17, 2007 @ 07:13 PM
tsenre

any one have pics to update? i think im getting mine cut this weekend. i cant stand having my hair this long on the sides, but i dont think the back is long enough yet. maybe it will be a 2 part transition into the faux hawk razz

anyways, please post some pics, i want to be sure before i get this done

Please login first to reply.