February 4, 2011 @ 06:57 PM
renn

Hi all,

I am just trying to see what your thoughts are of a consignment store in Vancouver. This store would specialize mainly in kicks but apparel is always welcome. Would you support such a store?

For those who do not know what consignment is, it is basically a method of selling merchandise. If you have apparel or footwear you would like to sell, this store would be able to help you shelf it and sell it to customers. Upon this sale, the store would receive a small commission while the rest would be given back to its original owner. If you would like to see an example of this concept, check out Flight Club in USA. They specialize in rare/limited Air Jordan kicks as well as other limited/rare footwear.

Please express your opinions about this consignment concept! Would you support/participate in it?
February 5, 2011 @ 01:00 AM
Stitchy

That would be nice smile
I would like some reseller store for some rare kicks in Vancouver for so long haha
February 5, 2011 @ 01:55 AM
SlipperyWenWet

cool idea, i also would like to see something like this. There's a store like this in richmond though. not specializing in selling kicks or apparel, more like phone cases and small stuff.
February 13, 2011 @ 11:03 PM
butters

/
front and company on main does this
February 14, 2011 @ 12:45 AM
lstplcwnr

Would be nice, but I'm curious on how much the store is going to take out of the sale.

insta/twitter/tumblr/cargo: sihalanick

February 15, 2011 @ 01:31 PM
renn

This store would only specialize in kicks and maybe a small quantity of apparel.

The store would take out a small portion, enough for the store to advertise and sell, and enough for the seller to make a profit. Both parties win! coolsmile
February 15, 2011 @ 08:04 PM
Stitchy

I cant wait
February 15, 2011 @ 09:54 PM
GOVOLTRONIC

Unfortunately Canada does not have the demographic like the US to support consignment. There will be high consignment supply but demand will be considerably less.
February 17, 2011 @ 10:23 PM
archives416

this is a great pipe dream but big brother nike could shut yo' ass down whenever they wanted. yer legit nike account neighbours make a phone call and BAM shut down. plus its vancouver.
February 18, 2011 @ 02:56 PM
renn

Not unless we collaborate with them ;) He he he
February 19, 2011 @ 10:57 PM
rich_uncle

why would nike want to collaborate with you guys for ???
March 14, 2011 @ 02:05 AM
S.Delivery

Being out to some real places like Fight Club LA, Id be awesome to have a place like that to put Vancouver on the map. Sadly though I just dont see it happening...
March 15, 2011 @ 09:04 PM
weezyfuckdbaby

This store would only specialize in kicks and maybe a small quantity of apparel.

The store would take out a small portion, enough for the store to advertise and sell, and enough for the seller to make a profit. Both parties win! coolsmile

You sound like a 17 year old with no idea what it's like to run a small business. How are you going to pay your lease? Bills? Employees? Etc?

Generally speaking, if something ISN'T being done, there's a good reason for it. This is a prime example.
March 26, 2011 @ 08:36 PM
renn

You sound like a 17 year old with no idea what it's like to run a small business. How are you going to pay your lease? Bills? Employees? Etc?

Generally speaking, if something ISN'T being done, there's a good reason for it. This is a prime example.

Actually, I am a 4th year business student and, actually, yes I have already planned out the leasing, bills, and all the other costs associated with running this business.

Thanks for your concern. We are still planning everything out so that it runs perfectly when we prepare to launch. The only reason we haven't been following our planning schedule is because we have been learning about other stores that may be opening in the lower mainland and we are figuring out how that would affect us. Keep in mind that we are also in our latter stages in University so it is not all lovey dovey in terms of workloads.

Thanks for all the comments though. smile
March 27, 2011 @ 10:22 AM
Cboom

Just kicks? You failed already. I'm sorry. The time of sneakers bring a hyped, sought after commodity are LONG gone. The sneaker scene has been dead for years even in the US and Vancouver's scene is microscopic compared to even the smallest market in the US. Where is the profit? Someone brings in a pair of DS Tiffany's, market value is around 350-400 I think, you charge 10%, maybe 20% when and IF it sells. You bank a whopping $40 on one of your industries holy grails. It's a catch 22 because the VAST majority of people bringing you items will be doing so because the scene is dead and they are moving on. The very people that you will be relying on as customers are the very ones that will be dumping their garbage on you.
I have a copy of Amazing Fanatsy #15, first appearance of Spider-Man, market value $15,000. Good luck finding someone to actually pay that. No one cares (anymore).

Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
March 27, 2011 @ 12:05 PM
Jvlv

Just kicks? You failed already. I'm sorry. The time of sneakers bring a hyped, sought after commodity are LONG gone. The sneaker scene has been dead for years even in the US and Vancouver's scene is microscopic compared to even the smallest market in the US. Where is the profit? Someone brings in a pair of DS Tiffany's, market value is around 350-400 I think, you charge 10%, maybe 20% when and IF it sells. You bank a whopping $40 on one of your industries holy grails. It's a catch 22 because the VAST majority of people bringing you items will be doing so because the scene is dead and they are moving on. The very people that you will be relying on as customers are the very ones that will be dumping their garbage on you.
I have a copy of Amazing Fanatsy #15, first appearance of Spider-Man, market value $15,000. Good luck finding someone to actually pay that. No one cares (anymore).

Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

well spoken, i used to want to collect sb's.. i dont see a point now, my taste is completely different shoes
March 28, 2011 @ 03:00 AM
renn

Well said CBOOM and I totally agree to that. However, what amazes me is the amount of sneakers that are being sold out on the first day they are released in present time. Somehow, there are still people out there that are still interested in buying something they sought after. Yes, I just said that we are only specializing in kicks, but again, we are still planning this whole thing out.
October 29, 2013 @ 11:20 AM
alexjenderrick

I agree with your concept about consignment. Also my opinion is same, i think its a way for easy consignment. You shared a very interesting topic with us. Thanks for that..
December 21, 2013 @ 05:05 AM
pables

front already does this, but i'd love to see this for a male clothing store. itd be nice if it was located somewhere downtown or in gastown too. definitely would check out the store at least once a month

Respect Few - Fear None

December 21, 2013 @ 10:48 PM
Enray

Turnabout beat you to it--they carry a bunch of Yohji, Wings + Horns, Reigning Champ, Jil Sander, Dior, Givenchy, Versace, Rag & Bone, etc
March 29, 2014 @ 07:39 AM
aug_nine

foot locker champs

Please login first to reply.