March 09, 2010 at 16:02:20 Mar 09, 2010 @ 16:02
Working at the Groundwave Media Group office in Toronto, Channel Editors are solely responsible for the curation and development of editorial content on four of our web properties.
* Curate news content for four Groundwave Media web properties (examples: formatmag.com, definitivetouch.com, theshoebuff.com, freshbump.com, collect3d.com).
* Write, edit, and post news content for respective properties.
* Curate daily feature content for respective properties.
* Write, edit, and post feature content for respective properties.
* Track technical issues encountered for later review with Editorial or Technical Director.
* Manage bi-weekly review sheets and monthly meetings with Editorial Director to report on progress.
* Management of interns and contributors.
* Passionate about men’s life/style movements, including but not limited to: style (menswear, streetwear), street culture (sneakers, lowbrow, etc.), art+design, film+tv, geek (gadgets, video games, etc.)
* Strong taste level in-line with editorial focus.
* Ability to juggle multiple tasks effectively.
* Excellent computer skills including Wordpress, Adobe Photoshop, and basic HTML.
* Team player, self-motivated and goal oriented.
* Must have strong communication skills (verbal and written).
* Understanding of web-friendly content and self-editing to a publishable standard.
* Basic management and project management.
* 1-3 years of editorial or web experience.
* Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required.
* The position advertised is not for our current properties, but for a new similar channel we are developing.
* The position advertised is entry level and only requires 30 hours per week (Monday to Friday 10am-4pm).
* Submit your resume, cover letter, and samples to firstname.lastname@example.org