Enjoy an Additional 10% Off on All Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA10
February 2, 2010 @ 01:32 PM
bluntokes

Seriously considering moving to MTL at the end of August from BC. Just wondering if it's even possible to get a job if you speak very little French..
February 2, 2010 @ 05:21 PM
VANCITY

Seriously considering moving to MTL at the end of August from BC. Just wondering if it's even possible to get a job if you speak very little French..

most jobs require you to be bilingual iam guessing, but montreal is very liberal with the language thing and its more accepting of english then say.. quebec city.
February 2, 2010 @ 07:44 PM
thenorthside

^ very true.
bilingualism probably would be an advantage. but a lot of ppl in montreal speak english fluently (though they are probably fluent en francais as well...).
i would suggest asking hb members from mtl i guess.

9 to 5 is how to survive, i ain't tryin' to survive. i'm tryin' to live it to the limit and love it a lot

February 3, 2010 @ 04:45 PM
TonyBG

depends on the job but if youre trying to work in any downtown shop french is definatly not necessary lol most people can't answer if i try to ask something in french.. But anyway most people speak good enough english so you won't have anyproblem communicating in montreal, if you leave the city though you might have some problems depending on where you go
February 3, 2010 @ 08:36 PM
bluntokes

Thanks for the replies dudes.. I'm just gonna save hella cash to back me until I can find a job I suppose hahaha.
February 5, 2010 @ 08:54 PM
sweetm

People who don't speak a word of french end up at call centers. But if you understand and can speak french then I think you'll be good.
February 8, 2010 @ 07:48 PM
chaplip

west island...
cavendish area...
uptown...
NDG...
mostly english spots.
try coffee shops at first...easy still
or just ask your new neighbours ahaa!!
February 9, 2010 @ 01:36 AM
chaplip

just thought of something real quick for you...out of nowhere...

but you can be a dishwasher at night clubs...

or a warehouse job...

sorry man i know they wack jobs but it helps out still.
February 13, 2010 @ 12:30 PM
roadteez

MTL is not ttoo great er toronto is a good place
February 22, 2010 @ 03:34 PM
HabsFan

lol I'm from Montreal, you can work basically work anywhere downtown. Especially if you say that you're from Vancouver trying to live in Montreal, people will be extremely welcoming and not judgemental and will help you out...don't believe the stereotypes and shit that you read in the papers.

Please login first to reply.