May 10, 2009 @ 10:24 PM
YUP123

May 10, 2009 @ 10:29 PM
stormtrooper12

Tamils
I understand they are trying to make a statement, but to block the gardiner, thats f*cked up
May 10, 2009 @ 10:31 PM
kobe24bryant

Let them do them. You dont like it do something about it. I'm not tamil either.
May 10, 2009 @ 10:42 PM
YUP123

This is beyond "doing them" now, they're affecting thousands of people's commutes, should have fire hosed em hours ago imo. You wanna protest, fine, but stay off the major routes.
May 11, 2009 @ 12:39 AM
kobe24bryant

hahaha u mad. It's for a good cause, i hope they get win.
May 11, 2009 @ 06:04 AM
YUP123

lol wow... a good cause? Have you read into this issue AT ALL? We send aid money but that's not good enough, they want our troops over there... ANOTHER battle we have no business fighting.
May 11, 2009 @ 04:05 PM
tapemanpl

but the fact is that civilians are also getting killed
May 11, 2009 @ 05:29 PM
minimalist.

aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, touchy issue.
May 11, 2009 @ 05:56 PM
YUP123

but the fact is that civilians are also getting killed

Yeah but like Rizal said, we got our own problems right here at home, people dying, homeless, etc.! Maybe not on the same scale but nonetheless, OUR people, lets get that under control before we help others. Blocking hospitals, now the gardiner? Come on... Why must Canada pussy out and give into these terrorist groups, look at our country on an international scale now, we are the "people who let terrorists block our highways" disgraceful...fucking disgraceful.
May 11, 2009 @ 10:21 PM
kobe24bryant

hahahaha. Cause when 10000 people die no one should care. You guys are all selfish. Why not lend a helping hand to these people. This pleace tornto has the second biggest population of tamils outside Sri lanka itself. With out them this place wouldn't be what it is. Why not just stop it and see whats good. If China was hurting and Canada didn't help. This place would be in a shut down, forget highways.
May 11, 2009 @ 11:33 PM
stormtrooper12

young rizal is speaking the truth

^ ok you are stupid dude. for real. 10k people die and no one cares? selfish? OUR COUNTRY IS GIVING TOO MUCH already to say that Canada is selfish. SRI LANKA has its own goverment and they decided to get rid of the people that causes problems for YEARS and YEARS in their country(which is about time). Sri Lanka is trying to get rid of their problems and one of them are the tigers. Civil wars tamils vs tamils. they been killing their people even from before. The tigers got their own camp with slaves and shit. its a good thing that the government finally decide to do something about it. A little sacrifice is sometimes for the better of their future.

What pisses me off even more is when i was in the gardiner last night going to downtown i was stuck in traffic for almost an hour just because they blocked the whole highway. TIME is fucking money and mine is wasted because 2000 tamils are sitting on the highway protesting over something THEY CANT stop. Its done, Sri Lanka's government said there is only a little part of the north that they need to infiltrate then its done. Now this people that protest what do they really want? TO SEND CANADIAN TROOPS to Sri Lanka to stop the war? CANADA cant stop the war because we arent part of sri lanka and/or vice versa.

So what the police said that if they are EVER going to cause commotions like that again all of them are going to get cuffed. Am I being insensitive? selfish? no I AM NOT. BECAUSE CANADA ALONE GOT BAJILLION OF INTERNAL problems just like SRI LANKA. there are people here that dies too man. shit is unfortunate for the ones that have their family there but it is what it is. Y
May 12, 2009 @ 05:15 PM
FreshAddict

The only reason people are angry is because it is inconvenient to them. I don't have much sympathy for people attacking those who are trying to bring attention to a serious issue just because they were inconvenienced for a few hours.
May 12, 2009 @ 07:22 PM
YUP123

+1 YoungR.... PREACH!

The only reason people are angry is because it is inconvenient to them. I don't have much sympathy for people attacking those who are trying to bring attention to a serious issue just because they were inconvenienced for a few hours.

Dude all due respect... this has been going on for f*cking WEEKS, not just a few hours. Why why whyyyy must our government continue to give in to these people!!! Grow a pair Bill Blair ! and Harper you too! I see you! These idiots throw their women and children at the cops too smFh. Guess we'll see what happens tomorrow...apparently they're planning some big protest... I swear if I see anything like the Gardiner bullshit, I wanna see tear gas n people getting cuffed.
May 12, 2009 @ 09:22 PM
kobe24bryant

^ ok you are stupid dude. for real. 10k people die and no one cares? selfish? OUR COUNTRY IS GIVING TOO MUCH already to say that Canada is selfish. SRI LANKA has its own goverment and they decided to get rid of the people that causes problems for YEARS and YEARS in their country(which is about time). Sri Lanka is trying to get rid of their problems and one of them are the tigers. Civil wars tamils vs tamils. they been killing their people even from before. The tigers got their own camp with slaves and shit. its a good thing that the government finally decide to do something about it. A little sacrifice is sometimes for the better of their future.

What pisses me off even more is when i was in the gardiner last night going to downtown i was stuck in traffic for almost an hour just because they blocked the whole highway. TIME is fucking money and mine is wasted because 2000 tamils are sitting on the highway protesting over something THEY CANT stop. Its done, Sri Lanka's government said there is only a little part of the north that they need to infiltrate then its done. Now this people that protest what do they really want? TO SEND CANADIAN TROOPS to Sri Lanka to stop the war? CANADA cant stop the war because we arent part of sri lanka and/or vice versa.

So what the police said that if they are EVER going to cause commotions like that again all of them are going to get cuffed. Am I being insensitive? selfish? no I AM NOT. BECAUSE CANADA ALONE GOT BAJILLION OF INTERNAL problems just like SRI LANKA. there are people here that dies too man. shit is unfortunate for the ones that have their family there but it is what it is. Y

hahahahahhahaha. Good for you. They have the right to protest, i hope they make it. It's for a good cause, people are dieing and at the end of the day thats not good to the world as a whole. So Canada should lend a helping hand, i'm not saying to send troops or spend billions but if anything just try and reslove things. An effort would make this stop, but they just ignore it. The next target should be the DVP. hahaha
May 13, 2009 @ 10:32 AM
Nose

hahahahahhahaha. Good for you. They have the right to protest, i hope they make it. It's for a good cause, people are dieing and at the end of the day thats not good to the world as a whole. So Canada should lend a helping hand, i'm not saying to send troops or spend billions but if anything just try and reslove things. An effort would make this stop, but they just ignore it. The next target should be the DVP. hahaha

They have the right to protest, but fucking blocking the highway is an illegal protest. Tamils are losing sympathy quickly with all the bullshit stunts they're pulling. Their "cause" for protesting isn't even worth being sympathetic towards in the first place. What if i wanted to protest about War in Darfur and decided to block off major highways, the routes you take to work? Then protest in front of your house with loud banging drums 24hours a day? If Tamil Tigers really cared for the civilians they are hiding behind, they would have surrendered to spare thousands of deaths.
May 13, 2009 @ 10:38 AM
malaujai

They are taking donations for the food bank at their protest today at Queen's Park...

That's great and all and I think they realize they brought too much negative publicity to themselves when they protested on the Gardiner. Really, though, they want people to donate money and food to the foodbank to help others out in the GTA, but they don't realize how many gov't resources (money, time, etc.) they've wasted in the past few weeks with all their protests...

Like I said, its a great cause to have this food bank donation considering the numbers that travel down to Queen's Park to protest, but it is a bit hypocritical considering their protests are wasteful of city resources...
May 13, 2009 @ 05:27 PM
Benny Frost

I'm not even gonna quote people.

WTF should Canada send troops to a place in a situation that has nothing to do with us, so that said Canadian troops can die?

Just because your shitty ass 3rd world countries stay losing doesn't mean ours should. Step your life game up. Fix your own shit. My fucking life is shit right now, you see me asking Sri Lanka to lend me a motherfucking hand? Nah, gonna fix these issues on my own.

IMO, people should've just started driving through.
May 13, 2009 @ 11:35 PM
Nose

Well they fucked up, majority of Torontoians lost all their sympathy for this cause. I guess blocking a highway is the only thing they could think of when trying to help support a terrorist group.
May 14, 2009 @ 12:37 AM
kobe24bryant

^ thats what i am saying. lemme tell you how i experienced their BULLSHIT red handed when IT WAS MOTHERS DAY, this motherfuckers think OH LETS BLOCK T?HE HWY BECAUSE ITS MOTHER DAY AND FOR SURE DOWNTOWN IS GOING TO BE BUSY TODAY. fucking bullshit.

hahahahaha. you mad. This is the only way for these guys. u mad
May 14, 2009 @ 12:43 AM
NIQUE.

hahahahaha. you mad. This is the only way for these guys. u mad

how old are you? dont make me throw my visvans at you.
May 14, 2009 @ 01:06 PM
ThePepperSkull

Yeah but like Rizal said, we got our own problems right here at home, people dying, homeless, etc.! Maybe not on the same scale but nonetheless, OUR people, lets get that under control before we help others. Blocking hospitals, now the gardiner? Come on... Why must Canada pussy out and give into these terrorist groups, look at our country on an international scale now, we are the "people who let terrorists block our highways" disgraceful...fucking disgraceful.

Oh shit. I'm in BC so I haven't heard much about this, but blocking hospitals is a terrible way to gain peoples' favour while protesting, which is counterproductive. If that's true not only is that a horrible thing to do, but a dumb thing on the protesters' part.
May 14, 2009 @ 05:55 PM
YUP123

May 14, 2009 @ 07:21 PM
Zero_Regret

cp24.com/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20090514/090514_mcguinty/20090514/?hub=CP24Home

.... I'm speechless.... Fucking McGuinty....

omfg... wut a tool... we already gave them money and they still demand more support. Wasting the city's resources and causing trouble for others is not a good way to gain support.
May 16, 2009 @ 01:26 PM
Ep23

If you guys were in that dire situation, you would count on foreign intervention and the generoisty of others. Remember a country is just a country, but a human is a human, and by no virtues of your own you are born where you are born.
May 16, 2009 @ 03:53 PM
wtfHarsh

Instead of wasting time and money here , all these lankans should cawp a plane ticket and an AK. Go there and fight for themselves, done deal.
May 16, 2009 @ 07:43 PM
jeaniu$

hahahaha. Cause when 10000 people die no one should care. You guys are all selfish. Why not lend a helping hand to these people. This pleace tornto has the second biggest population of tamils outside Sri lanka itself. With out them this place wouldn't be what it is. Why not just stop it and see whats good. If China was hurting and Canada didn't help. This place would be in a shut down, forget highways.

this kids tamil for sure...
but personally no i dont give a fuck espeically because they are tamils.. and after pulling this shit??? i hope more of them die.. real talk..
May 16, 2009 @ 07:46 PM
jeaniu$

lol no shit?? if it wasnt inconvinient for people how will they get noticed?? you think if they were protesting on the sidewalk anyone would give a fuck?? no they would just drive past by them and look at them like retards/losers. atleast thats what i do
May 29, 2009 @ 09:24 PM
FreshAddict

lol no shit?? if it wasnt inconvinient for people how will they get noticed?? you think if they were protesting on the sidewalk anyone would give a fuck?? no they would just drive past by them and look at them like retards/losers. atleast thats what i do

I know but maybe people should have looked at that situation and thought of the situation in Sri Lanka rather than why they're mad they can't get to where they wanna go.
May 31, 2009 @ 12:00 PM
poonpower

how old are you? dont make me throw my visvans at you.

hahaha
what are visvans?

and clearly, the kid's prolly one of the supportters who puts infants in the frontline so firefighters cant do shit.
tamils FTL for sure
tamils FT ultra L

Please login first to reply.