July 31, 2012 @ 03:59 PM
LUPS

I personally think a scammer is going to scam no matter what.
A career criminal will follow the guidelines and still scam.
Some people you think are cool on here could turn out to be scammers.
I just think as long as people arent sending payments as Gift, then we'll be good.
In cases like this, its almost the buyers fault for using gift.
If someone only accepts gift, then dont do business with them, that should be a red flag to cancel the trasaction.
I do think requiring users to have 200 posts and 5 months of membership may cut down on it though.

|| instagram: lups1 ||

July 31, 2012 @ 05:46 PM
jaded

Scamming is very rare here. In my time as mod so far, this looks to be the only situation that isn't going to be resolved. The other couple cases I've dealt with everyone got their money back because there was just a misunderstanding between the buyer and seller.

And honestly, a higher post and membership requirement won't stop someone who has decided to do this. You can reference major cases like itsmedeka, soxfan, and citizen as proof of that. Those were all very active members here who one day decided to pull scams and leave the site. The most we can do as a forum is offer the advice and rules we've laid out in the stickies and do our best to make sure the rules are followed when threads are created.

can someone explain to me 4% sorry dont know where to post this

PayPal charges a service charge to people who receive money through their service. Adding 4% to the sale price of an item will cover that cost for the seller so he doesn't end up with less than he was asking for after fees. If you were buying a shirt from someone for $50 and the seller asked for $50+4%, he's asking you to include PayPal fees, so you'd send $52. Some sellers will factor that into their price and say so in their ad.

The reason some sellers ask for people to send the money as a gift is because PayPal doesn't charge a fee when money is sent as a gift. The major downside to this is you forfeit your right to buyer protection from PayPal if you send the money as a gift, which means if you get scammed you can't dispute the payment with PayPal. The most you can probably do is notify PayPal that you were scammed and I believe they will revoke the sellers ability to receive gifts. Past that, you probably won't get any help from them or your money back. Honestly, I see no reason to ever use the gift option when buying an item from someone. If a seller is selling a $50 shirt, he'd only lose $2 to fees and he could just as easily ask that you include that in the price, so anyone who will only accept payment as a gift probably has something else in mind. A legitimate seller isn't going to hassle a buyer about that. You aren't dealing with a department store here, you are putting all your trust in someone you don't know, so the best way to protect your money is to use PayPal's standard method of payment.

If you read the sticky about the gift option in the marketplace, we strongly advice people not to use it. Even when dealing with a seller with great feedback and a history here, there is an obvious risk involved when you forfeit buyer protection and send your money as a gift. In my opinion, any seller who only takes money as a gift should be avoided, because there is absolutely no reason for a legitimate seller to not accept a standard payment with his fees covered.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

July 31, 2012 @ 06:46 PM
_____

contacted paypal and i think they're going to reverse the funds within 10 days.
July 31, 2012 @ 09:42 PM
RJDGAF

Info on refund?
July 31, 2012 @ 11:27 PM
Fusion

Called paypal today, if he doesn't respond or refund by 10 days my funds will be refunded. cool As for you Pete Martinez, you're a low life "sub human piece of waste" - quote PK.

EDIT: my bad it is pete haha

Yes.

July 31, 2012 @ 11:28 PM
keepinit3hunna

good to hear^^^^^^^^cool

It just doesn't matter

August 1, 2012 @ 12:00 AM
sublime

I personally think a scammer is going to scam no matter what.
A career criminal will follow the guidelines and still scam.
Some people you think are cool on here could turn out to be scammers.
I just think as long as people arent sending payments as Gift, then we'll be good.
In cases like this, its almost the buyers fault for using gift.
If someone only accepts gift, then dont do business with them, that should be a red flag to cancel the trasaction.
I do think requiring users to have 200 posts and 5 months of membership may cut down on it though.

before the niketalk split, the old niketalk had a 300 post 90 day selling requirement, and for the most part, it worked.
very rarely did fraud occur. most people give up trying to get to 300 posts, i think it is a deterrent.

90 day 125 post requirement sounds reasonable
August 1, 2012 @ 12:30 AM
_____

Called paypal as well, if no response in 10 days, I get money back (hopefully).
August 1, 2012 @ 02:12 AM
mrsquintyeyes

Called paypal today, if he doesn't respond or refund by 10 days my funds will be refunded. cool As for you Paul Martinez, you're a low life "sub human piece of waste" - quote PK.

paul? i thought his name was pete
August 1, 2012 @ 02:16 AM
keepit100g

that is kinda sketchy and I was interested in his football top

straight up! messaged him bout that. you and me on the hunt
August 1, 2012 @ 02:17 AM
_____

paul? i thought his name was pete

cosign..either way this guy is going down
August 1, 2012 @ 02:40 AM
DarthVader

Yeah this guy wanted me to pay gift because I was interested in his jersey but i knew something was fishy. prices were too good to be true. good luck to everybody
August 1, 2012 @ 03:08 AM
Fusion

Everyone that deleted their posts, lets change them back to what they were originally!
@mrsquintyeyes my bad! It is Pete!

Yes.

August 1, 2012 @ 08:17 AM
_____

guy says refunds within a week. apologies from him.
August 1, 2012 @ 08:55 AM
RJDGAF

He's refunding everyone?
August 1, 2012 @ 01:23 PM
mrsquintyeyes

guy says refunds within a week. apologies from him.

dude just stick to paypal.
he's lied to you once already.
are you going to keep listening to the lies?
August 1, 2012 @ 05:34 PM
jaded

Yeah, honestly guys, stop trying to deal with this guy. I have advised you guys several times now to stop doing what he tells you to do in the hopes that you'll get your money back. Let PayPal handle it, he scammed you guys, if there's a punishment involved then let him get punished.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

August 5, 2012 @ 02:20 AM
Fusion

Received a PM from Pete. Supposed refunds Wednesday.

Yes.

August 5, 2012 @ 03:59 AM
mrsquintyeyes

lieslieslieslies.
August 6, 2012 @ 04:39 AM
_____

that refund date is consistent with what he told me. if wednesday comes and goes then paypal will take their measures and so will the police. i still have faith in the kid, we all make mistakes
August 6, 2012 @ 04:57 AM
KALiKUSH

Paid for BLACK SUPREME BASEBALL JERSEY $100 through "GOODS" on PayPal and he refunded me saying he wanted the full $100. So I immediately sent him $104 through, again through "GOODS" on PayPal. Got refunded again and within those 10 minutes he said that someone else got it. SCAMMER razz
August 6, 2012 @ 08:14 PM
Fusion

When did you buy it? Did the fact that his account was suspended not make you suspicious?

Yes.

August 6, 2012 @ 08:26 PM
sublime

that refund date is consistent with what he told me. if wednesday comes and goes then paypal will take their measures and so will the police. i still have faith in the kid, we all make mistakes

still have faith in someone who's been accused of scamming multiple people? your either naive or stupid.
August 7, 2012 @ 02:38 AM
mrsquintyeyes

still have faith in someone who's been accused of scamming multiple people? your either naive or stupid.

"fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice, shame on me"
August 7, 2012 @ 03:48 AM
Fusion

lieslieslieslies.

We'll see, for now i'm sticking with paypal. Thanks for all your advice and support through this whole mess @mrsquintyeyes and
@jaded

Yes.

August 9, 2012 @ 04:48 AM
Fusion

Well, Wednesday has come and almost gone and yet still no refund.

Yes.

August 9, 2012 @ 07:00 AM
_____

Pete sent my hoodie. I have tracking number also.
August 9, 2012 @ 07:05 AM
_____

EDIT: He shipped it to Jacksonville Florida and I'm in SoCal...
August 9, 2012 @ 02:24 PM
mrsquintyeyes

EDIT: He shipped it to Jacksonville Florida and I'm in SoCal...

so basically you were scammed twice by the same dude @frunk
August 9, 2012 @ 03:05 PM
Fusion

Called paypal again. Told them he sent it to somewhere else and the agent said he'll close the case a refund me soon.
EDIT: PAYPAL REFUNDED ME !!!!!. EAT THAT PETE! You tried to trick them with bogus tracking #'s baha!

Yes.

Please login first to reply.