January 28, 2009 @ 08:35 PM
EATsleepJDM

Words of wisdom: to all the youngin's keep playin the import tuning game, its fun as shit and I wouldnt trade any of the memories I've had along the way.

cosign.though i am considered a youngin, i have met a lot of different people and very chill people. i would not move out of the car game especially the import game. also i learned soon enough that street racing is not worth it, i have seen to many things that are just stupid and immature about it. a little story i have: one of the people i know used to street race a lot with his crew and one night they went racing. they were racing for $200 and they won the first one, after the guy wanted to race for double of nothing and my guy won again. when he went to go get the pot money,guns got pulled on them, and ever since then he didnt race on the street.also taking a life for street racing is not worth it.

/rant

this is the order in the which i would go with getting around:
import cars
euro cars
crotch rocket
bike
skateboard
walk
crawl
domestic cars
January 28, 2009 @ 09:03 PM
est1984

cosign.though i am considered a youngin, i have met a lot of different people and very chill people. i would not move out of the car game especially the import game. also i learned soon enough that street racing is not worth it

word. the car world is a great place to meet people....gotta pick and choose your spots and people to roll with cause the "game" brings some shaddy f'kin cats outta the woodwork!

racing = def. not worth it
cars as a hobby, passion, interest, social outlet and transportation = fo sho!
January 28, 2009 @ 11:53 PM
Chris

Hahaha didn't know civic's needed to live up to such a high standard... Most of the shit you named came with the car but it is what is. Rims are rims i don't need to be dropping 2k on rims for a fucking honda. Fog's looked better when the car was dropped imo. Housings made it look better aswell. Pedals, Red badges, Red decals, Deck and Indash Dvd player came with the car when i got it...wether you choose to believe that is on you... If parading on HB talking shit makes you feel better about yourself then by all means continue, but im better off now>sad don't bother replying back that you drive a BMW or whatever car you can pull out of your ass...

-THiZZ

I drive a wrx not a bmw dude. And nothing says you have to drop 2000 on a set of nice rims, especially considering the thousands of rims out there for hondas, but instead you chose fake rims that would probably break the barrel with contact of a pothole.
January 29, 2009 @ 03:16 AM
rimwalka

hey with 240sx whats the top model, sport model, or w/e you call it? for example with civics its si
January 29, 2009 @ 12:47 PM
martJOB

Well here in america it was the SE, but in japan i know with the s15 it was like spec-R or something like that
January 29, 2009 @ 07:55 PM
*MILK*

[Color="indigo"]America: s13 and s14= SE

Japan: s13=180sx type-x, S14=nismo 270r, s15= type r.

270r's are rarely seen, which means
January 30, 2009 @ 05:19 PM
YoungC

nice pick up dude. i always wanted a 240 but could never find a proper one... all of the ones for sale up by me are rust buckets. the only reason why i wanted one was so i could start drifting... guess i'll have to make a trip to the states if i want one thats not a peace of shit.
January 30, 2009 @ 08:45 PM
EATsleepJDM

word. the car world is a great place to meet people....gotta pick and choose your spots and people to roll with cause the "game" brings some shaddy f'kin cats outta the woodwork!

racing = def. not worth it
cars as a hobby, passion, interest, social outlet and transportation = fo sho!

yea thats true. many shaddy people but also many cool cats.

werd.
January 31, 2009 @ 02:01 PM
*MILK*

nice pick up dude. i always wanted a 240 but could never find a proper one... all of the ones for sale up by me are rust buckets. the only reason why i wanted one was so i could start drifting... guess i'll have to make a trip to the states if i want one thats not a peace of shit.

Where do you live, Canada? If you come to the states for one, its best to get from deep south.

You dont necessarily need a 240 to drift. I put mine into a pole in a small touge like area, when a deer ran out and I tried to avoid hitting it. Now i'm thinking about getting a 94> mustang.
February 17, 2009 @ 10:56 AM
THiZZ

Found a few issues wit the car... i guess ol dude i got the car from half assed the swap and basically just left most of the KA parts on the car and tried to rig it to work with the SR shit and did a shitty job at it. Getting the timing fixed...got some S15 SR injectors on the way(He left the stock KA injectors in)...and putting the P/S back on cuz the car is too fuckin heavy...

-THiZZ
February 18, 2009 @ 08:05 PM
*MILK*

HAHAHA what an ass. People put sr injectors in KA's for basic boost set-ups, and this fool used them in a sr.

I just picked up a s14 kouki, black also.....so long for the mustang idea I guess
February 18, 2009 @ 10:10 PM
THiZZ

S15 Injectors just came in... gonna install them probably tomorrow along with Apex'i powerFC

-THiZZ
February 21, 2009 @ 08:21 PM
THiZZ

Did a 5 hour wire harness clean up last night... heres the result:

ALL OUT!!!

Stripped!!!

Rewrapped...

All done:

Tonight im fixing an exhaust leak...putting new rims and tires on...clean maf and iaac...fixing battery relocation...

-THiZZ
February 22, 2009 @ 12:46 AM
the excellence

Damn its looking nice!
February 22, 2009 @ 08:20 PM
THiZZ

New rims:

At the drift event in Las Vegas today:

Someone's tire blew while drifting causing him to hit a pole and thus fucking his car up:

Hella free monster energy drinks where being handed out by these bitches:

Hi MOM!!!

Damn im tired...

-THiZZ
February 24, 2009 @ 06:26 PM
pineapplxpress

now you should put a s14 kouki conversion.
February 25, 2009 @ 12:45 PM
*MILK*

Navan > kouki any day and I have a kouki. They both are expensive either way as the navan front bumber goes for $3-400 and its rare to see em, sides and rear is pretty common to find. A kouki conversion alone costs about 900 (300 fenders, 250 headlights, 2-300 for the lip, 50 front bumper), not including radiator support, hood and rear tailights. The cheapest way to convert to kouki is the luckiest way and thats finding one in a scrap yard.

I would get a lip/sides/rear and clean it, money saved.
February 25, 2009 @ 01:23 PM
uPtOwNrOaMeR

^^^^^Yeah. Zenki looks wayyyy better than Kouki. I want an S14, my S13(pignose) is hawt garbage.
February 25, 2009 @ 04:16 PM
THiZZ

I would get a lip/sides/rear and clean it, money saved.

And thats exactly what im doing...im probably gonna replace the bumper with something else but definitely sides and rear. Car is currently in the shop having a wiring issue solved.

I replaced my HKS BOV with another HKS cuz the one on the car was shot. And my T25 is leaking oil so im either gonna have it rebuilt or just buy my buddies rebuilt one for 300.

Also have a 3" new downpipe with wideband 02 sensor and P/s bracket(car is a bitch without p/s) on the way. Guy who did the swap used a dump pipe to a stock downpipe and ran that to a test pipe...

And if my boi from Japan gets back to me i could have a 2 way Nismo LSD on the way aswell...

-THiZZ
February 25, 2009 @ 07:40 PM
uPtOwNrOaMeR

Go T28 Thizz.
February 25, 2009 @ 08:11 PM
pineapplxpress

yea i would go navan if i was on a budget. but how could you not like the kouki front end? it jus looks so tough. cool (props to Yuri's s13.4)

February 25, 2009 @ 10:23 PM
EATsleepJDM

cosign on the kouki front!

but nice progress on the car man.keep it yup.
February 25, 2009 @ 10:30 PM
EATsleepJDM

lol heres some more motivation to get the kouki!!

February 26, 2009 @ 09:10 AM
skivic35

not gonna lie, whoever did that swap on the sr did not do a good job.
February 26, 2009 @ 04:27 PM
pineapplxpress

all it needs is a wire tuck.
February 26, 2009 @ 07:14 PM
THiZZ

cosign on the kouki front!

but nice progress on the car man.keep it yup.

Kouki is way to common nowadays and its not that much of an eyebrow raiser to me. I'd rather keep my zenki since they're becoming so rare. AND if i do decide to do a conversion its gonna be a 14.5...

not gonna lie, whoever did that swap on the sr did not do a good job.

Yep, in fact the more i tore into the damn swap the more shit i found wrong with it. My O2 sensor was not even plugged in. My IACV wasn't getting any power to it. I had very bad grounds everywhere. My tach was off(Sometimes it would stick at certain RPMS).

Go T28 Thizz.

T25 is perfect for me right now. I wanna master this before i go bigger. I need to get a feel for the body, weight and power before i go bigger...cuz if i can get it sidewayz and control it with not so much power i'll be able to handle it when i do upgrades and i have to temporary downgrade for whatever reason it may be.

Anyway cars coming home from the shop tomorrow so i'll take some more pics and who knows probably throw up a video. From what i've seen from taking the car apart it just seemed like the kid was eager to get the damn thing on the street and didn't give a shit if it was running correctly(since he was low on cash) and in the process fucked up the turbo and other things. Oh well i got the better end of the deal in the end... i'll keep you guys updated tomorrow...

-THiZZ
February 26, 2009 @ 09:06 PM
wxyz

^ i have a s14 greddy gracer lip if you want to buy it. lmk
February 26, 2009 @ 10:05 PM
THiZZ

^ i have a s14 greddy gracer lip if you want to buy it. lmk

Pics and price now...

-THiZZ
February 27, 2009 @ 12:02 AM
wxyz

pic of it on my car, it hasent been on for a month or so now my car is just to low for it...

like 170 shipped.
February 27, 2009 @ 12:46 AM
THiZZ

Aigh i'll be getting with you very soon...let me see what my funds look like by saturday cuz i still gotta get some stuff taken care of...im definitely interested though...

-THiZZ

Please login first to reply.