FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (24 HOURS LEFT)
September 30, 2008 @ 03:04 PM

Inactive

ahh Ze Germans. Seems like they can't stomach the fact that the GT-R has toppled their mighty 911 and now they are letting everyone know about it.

Sour grapes or legitimate complaint? That's the question we're left pondering after reading that Porsche believes Nissan must have cheated to record its 7:29:03 lap time of the famed N
September 30, 2008 @ 08:40 PM
araw at bituin

maybe they should learn how to drive

http://instagram.com/qyel

September 30, 2008 @ 08:56 PM
Joe_

hmmm i look forward to the nissan response
September 30, 2008 @ 09:01 PM
araw at bituin

hmmm i look forward to the nissan response

+1, they'll probably respond by beating the previous 7:29:03 lap time lol

October 1, 2008 @ 12:35 AM
grug01

sour grapes me thinks. They're trying to compare times from different drivers etc. too many variables. Whoever clocked the times claimed by Nissan would have no doubt a lot more experience driving the GTR than who ever porsche had driving it.

In anycase, I've seen the GTR put to the test at a recent tarmac rally even here which was held on closed off public roads in rural areas over 3 days.
At the end of the event the GTR took first place with a 24 year old at the wheel.
In 2nd place was a Gallardo Superleggara driven by a former GT cup driver.
3rd was a GT2 driven by an ex national supercar champ and former JGTC driver.
to top it off (something quite relevant to Porsche's complaints) the 2nd and 3rd place cars had race rubber on while the GTR was still on road tyres due to the fact they couldn't source any semi slicks for the 20" wheels.
To be fair the other cars looked a little quicker going into corners etc, but once the GTR was able to take a line it simply took off. The acceleration out of the corners is just nuts, let alone the straight aways.
At the end of the day it was a relatively inexperienced driver put up against guys with a lifetime of race experience in formidable cars and he got a result in real world conditions.
These sorts of results speak for themselves
October 1, 2008 @ 02:46 AM
araw at bituin

sour grapes me thinks. They're trying to compare times from different drivers etc. too many variables. Whoever clocked the times claimed by Nissan would have no doubt a lot more experience driving the GTR than who ever porsche had driving it.

In anycase, I've seen the GTR put to the test at a recent tarmac rally even here which was held on closed off public roads in rural areas over 3 days.
At the end of the event the GTR took first place with a 24 year old at the wheel.
In 2nd place was a Gallardo Superleggara driven by a former GT cup driver.
3rd was a GT2 driven by an ex national supercar champ and former JGTC driver.
to top it off (something quite relevant to Porsche's complaints) the 2nd and 3rd place cars had race rubber on while the GTR was still on road tyres due to the fact they couldn't source any semi slicks for the 20" wheels.
To be fair the other cars looked a little quicker going into corners etc, but once the GTR was able to take a line it simply took off. The acceleration out of the corners is just nuts, let alone the straight aways.
At the end of the day it was a relatively inexperienced driver put up against guys with a lifetime of race experience in formidable cars and he got a result in real world conditions.
These sorts of results speak for themselves

damn. thats crazy. i mean, im sure the guy can drive but he did it on stock rubber O_O

October 1, 2008 @ 02:51 AM
grug01

Yeah there's no doubting the guy can drive, he's got a few regional titles under his belt, but that car is just something else. It just takes anything that get thrown at it. It basically compensates for the driver.

As fast as it was though, the Lambo was much better to watch. Not only the note but the metre long flames belching out the exhausts on down shifts smile
October 1, 2008 @ 07:13 AM
ahhhrt

There's an old saying that goes something like:

"A mediocre driver in the best car will beat the best driver in a mediocre car."

I think this saying holdes true.
October 1, 2008 @ 09:05 AM
grug01

pretty much.

on another note, it turns out a guy I work with is really good friends with the owner of the GTR.
wonder what the chances of getting a drive are lol
October 1, 2008 @ 04:13 PM
dUn DeKid

I want a GT-R now. anyone know how much they cost?

im getting a new car next year.
October 1, 2008 @ 07:20 PM
Backspace2.0

lol your gonna look at a $7000+ dealer mark ups over base msrp on average right now razz, but next year you'll have a better chance getting a cheaper one

oh, and did i mention they are a little over $100,000 right now. When msrp is 76,000(gt-r) -79,000(gt-r premium).
October 1, 2008 @ 07:27 PM
Joe_

id say their worth it
October 1, 2008 @ 07:47 PM
MOH

zR1

gtfo noobs

Jk smile
October 1, 2008 @ 10:39 PM
grug01

Dang, you guys in the states are getting them cheap.
the base model is going to be AUD$150k when they start selling domestically.
right now people are getting from Japan and its costing about the same after shipping and taxes.
October 3, 2008 @ 12:39 AM
JDMsneakerz

oOoOh nissan is getting called out! haha
October 5, 2008 @ 04:04 AM
dUn DeKid

lol your gonna look at a $7000+ dealer mark ups over base msrp on average right now razz, but next year you'll have a better chance getting a cheaper one

oh, and did i mention they are a little over $100,000 right now. When msrp is 76,000(gt-r) -79,000(gt-r premium).

wow. nevermind....even if i had the moeny, i wouldnt buy it.
October 5, 2008 @ 07:36 PM
est1984

wow. nevermind....even if i had the moeny, i wouldnt buy it.

Agreed! I'd buy a rental property instead.
October 7, 2008 @ 09:38 PM
jeune

October 15, 2008 @ 06:39 PM
mintyfreshJ

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=133406

Inside Line says: Here's more proof that high-performance cars can make even engineers from the world's most sophisticated car companies act like scruffy teenagers in high-school auto shop.
October 17, 2008 @ 05:47 PM
stinkgrenadestudios

I are GT-R? >sad

www.STINKGRENADESTUDIOS.com

October 17, 2008 @ 08:50 PM
Citizen-16657

^^^you wish...........

Secondly, I would take a GTR and think it's worth every penny, sure it may not be Ze GERRRRMAN ENGENNNNERIN but I think Japan did it right, and bring on the ZR1, oh wait GM just stopped production on it last week........DAM

Please login first to reply.