OFFICIAL Show us your whip!

January 21, 2007 @ 19:45:16
Obviously an aftermarket turbo made for power is going to be better than a factory twin setup, they need to keep the car tame for various reasons, car companies usually don't sell race cars. Regardless of what you think, with two systems that make the same power, the twin turbos will ALWAYS have less lag. I was providing an example of auto trannies excelling within a given field of motorsport.
January 21, 2007 @ 19:53:25
If you knew anything about boost, you'd know that it's not recommended to run boost on automatic transmissions. Unless it was an american muscle, but who likes domestics anymore these days anyways?
January 21, 2007 @ 20:46:18
Not recommended for street use. But for the most part, who really cares? Auto's may run hot, but there's ways to get around that. Diesel's use auto's just fine. But w/e, for the most part this conversation is about the twins vs singles.
January 21, 2007 @ 20:56:52
I'm planning on buying a used WRX sometime in the near future smokeyface

4 posts are hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

January 22, 2007 @ 13:34:26
Skylines=overrated. Only one I see worth buying are the R33/34. Even then, it'll run you close to 30g for a car that's been abused.
January 22, 2007 @ 13:44:12
wasn't the main importer of Skylines for the US arrested or something? I think they found out he wasn't changing the engines for US emission standards and was just signing off on em... so im sure that would drive the price up even further now
January 22, 2007 @ 13:51:27

my tC.
January 22, 2007 @ 17:18:46
wasn't the main importer of Skylines for the US arrested or something? I think they found out he wasn't changing the engines for US emission standards and was just signing off on em... so im sure that would drive the price up even further now

He was fined or something for doing an emissions test for one model of skyline and applying it to all the models he imported, IIRC.
January 22, 2007 @ 17:44:20
heres a few quik ones

i hate you so much right now...and judging from the recaro and takata harness, your using this for more then casual driving???
January 22, 2007 @ 19:03:47
January 22, 2007 @ 19:05:34
^LOL
January 22, 2007 @ 19:22:13
We can't import anything less than 15 y/o, which is why we need not worry about etest for the time being. (In Canada)
January 22, 2007 @ 21:11:34
That scion is on fire, black on black.
January 24, 2007 @ 01:08:37
2001 Audi A4 1.8T. Not the most expensive ride on here, but I am proud to have here.
January 24, 2007 @ 03:29:37
I'm planning on buying a used WRX sometime in the near future smokeyface

With its horrible handling and flawed Transmission design. i say you buy a HONDA hahatongueface
January 24, 2007 @ 03:46:14
Besides exterior, interior and the lack of an A2 or A, i dont see what the differences could be. (i'd consider the tranny a part of the motor)

While I do agree that the handling isnt something to praise, Honda did try something new to the civic, and i cant fucking spell the name of it. But it's setup that the front wheels chamber throughout a turn, bend, or corner. Did they succeed, slightly but not well enough.

Can the system be improved upon, sure why not. Using a coilover system, various braces, a cage, and welding it's not impossible to destory road courses with an ep. BTW, tein sucks balls, they have the shittiest spring rates ever, people only buy because its JDM bling.

The ep is "slow" but it is the second fastest Si to date (only beaten by the fg coupe). Completely stock it will put down 130whp, which doesnt seem like a lot, but the A3 is really responsive to bolts ons. Running I/RH/E i've seen charts reading 160-170whp. Run somekind of engine management (Hondata KPro) reset the rev. limiter from 6800rpm to 7200-7700rpm and you have a relativly quick car.

Right now Im running I/E and i've yet to lose to another NA car or truck. The only race I've ever lost was with a JZA70 Supra, 3 races. First two from a 40mph roll, he was already spooled and I never left his rear bumper all the way up to 80mph. Thrid race was from a dig, 1st I had 1/2 a car on him, 2nd i he was at my front bumper, 3rd he was spooled and I was at his door. Oh, and I've paced a supercharged F-150 all the way to 100 when he hit his speed limiter.

Well the Type-R comes with better brakes, Forged Alumunium front suspension as well as various other suspension pieces (swaybars etc), Recaros which were optional, Momo Steering wheel (which is the same steering wheel i dont get the "real" difference), Less sound deadening material to contribute to a lower weight. It is a fact, that a Stock EP3 Type-R will outhandle a DC5 Type-R.

As far as the Ep civic, honda completely messed up that car. I love the dash shifter, the hatchback look and the interior. The packaging was all wrong and the sales showed. I just feel sorry for the people that paid MSRP. But the A3 isnt meant for any real performance. Unless your go with boost, N/A on that engine is almost a lost cause with bolt ons. I/RH/E and hondata pro on a A2 and you are well into the 200whp, and in a Z3 well in the 210whp range.

The suspention system you are referring to is not a "system" at all, just the new Macpherson strut suspension, which was a critical mistake that was made by honda in designing the EP3 and DC5 chassis, bump steer for days, Because of the steering arm position, and it isnt the most tuner friendly set up. If you lower the car even just slightly, it completly messes up the steering geometry, and you either get too soft a ride, or the car doesnt dampen well and this problem is linked to the front suspension design. You can hear more about it in best motoring's Rotary reborn. Spoon almost abandoned their EP and DC cars for the JDM Accord euro-R because of its Double wishbone suspension. Honda knew this with the new FG and it revised the suspensions geometry heavily, which is why the FG Si handles so good. Now tein is a different story, most of the time they produce good quality products, but there is better stuff out there.
January 24, 2007 @ 03:54:47
heres a few quik ones

nice S2k dude. im digging the recaro, but how do you get around with it being that low? haha

Also. The Wankel rotary is the coolest engine design in my book, but also the wrost as far as performance. 13b's usually need a major overhall by 60k miles. Not to mention rotary's get horrible gas mileage and without turbocharging dont make good power (exception is Re amemiya's 3 rotor 13b &) ). That being said, i love FD rx7's and I wish mazda wouldnt have killed that car off here in the states.
January 24, 2007 @ 07:20:31
nice S2k dude. im digging the recaro, but how do you get around with it being that low? haha

thx bro car is def low and kinda tough to not bottom out but its not too bad to avoid, oyea my motto is go low or go home haa
January 24, 2007 @ 07:22:00
i hate you so much right now...and judging from the recaro and takata harness, your using this for more then casual driving???

haa yea i do alot of autocross and starting track days this year
January 24, 2007 @ 07:59:29
Its an 03 1.8t

February 02, 2007 @ 00:36:33
out of sheer boredom, a fairly old picture but it hasn't changed anyways.  I spend too much time here not posting, but more "shopping" anyways

February 02, 2007 @ 01:50:33
Im tryna cop the 06 model GTO. Something about it that I just appreciate. It'll be my third car so im not really moving fast on it.
February 02, 2007 @ 03:58:15

Inactive User

February 02, 2007 @ 07:22:06

Inactive User

Nice!^
February 02, 2007 @ 12:49:34
ep3 = ugliest civic ever

Wrong...its beautiful. Like SupremexJesus said not just done justice.

Some of my favorites...

February 02, 2007 @ 21:40:09
95 skyline

Please login first to reply.
x