Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
June 3, 2013 @ 05:41 PM
thekidrt

Recently got into a little accident with a 2010 528i, apparently insurance is saying we need an entire new door. Can I get some opinions? Think I can just take it to a bodyshop? Thanks

WTB Henny Jersey sz S-M Supreme Vans 9.5-10.5

June 3, 2013 @ 07:23 PM
ice13water

dont look that bad
June 3, 2013 @ 07:36 PM
thekidrt

yeah but that's not what insurance is saying they're giving us two grand 

June 3, 2013 @ 07:36 PM
thekidrt

it affected part of the front door as well

June 3, 2013 @ 08:14 PM
ice13water

take the 2k find someone to fix it for 500-700
June 12, 2013 @ 02:38 AM
Redline

there's an unrepairable beam inside the door that you won't be able to tell if it's broken unless you take the door apart.
if you got into this accident and that beam was already broken, the damage would be far worse.

I don't know if you thought you could just pull those dents out and repaint it or whatever, but
a) those dents are retarded
b) the entire door would need to be repainted (unless you want some terrishit half assed job)

anyone that could fix that for $700 (not impossible) is doing a hack job.

Is insurance literally giving you $2000 cash? Is that how they do shit in America?
June 12, 2013 @ 07:36 PM
unknown force

the door doesn't look like its the main issue, i would be worried about the pillar between the doors. does it close/open correctly as is without hanging up or having any alignment issues?

just try to find a crashed bmw of the same series and possibly in the same color from a junkyard or something

that's how i'd go about it anyways
June 12, 2013 @ 08:48 PM
thepreciselife

Take it to a few shops and get quotes, see what they can do.
Every new shop you go to, talk about how the last shop you got a quote at
gave you a good quote and you wanted to shop around.
(give em an actual $ amount though)

ThePreciseLife.com

June 15, 2013 @ 01:49 PM
thekidrt

there's an unrepairable beam inside the door that you won't be able to tell if it's broken unless you take the door apart.
if you got into this accident and that beam was already broken, the damage would be far worse.

I don't know if you thought you could just pull those dents out and repaint it or whatever, but
a) those dents are retarded
b) the entire door would need to be repainted (unless you want some terrishit half assed job)

anyone that could fix that for $700 (not impossible) is doing a hack job.

Is insurance literally giving you $2000 cash? Is that how they do shit in America?
nah you pay and then they will reimburse is up to 2k
the door doesn't look like its the main issue, i would be worried about the pillar between the doors. does it close/open correctly as is without hanging up or having any alignment issues?

just try to find a crashed bmw of the same series and possibly in the same color from a junkyard or something

that's how i'd go about it anyways
and yeah it open closes fine, that's what we are worried about. it doesn't appear to have serious damaged like that but we still aren't 100 percent sure.

June 16, 2013 @ 07:48 AM
DeeVeeFlo

In my opinion, just gauging from the pictures, it looks fine, and nothing you couldn't fix in a day. In my opinion if you take it to a body shop, they'll charge you about $200 max to pop a dent, but they'll prob charge you even more to fix the paint, looks like some metal is showing. But you could do this all on your own, with a little research and help from the dude at autozone.

WTT XL Supreme Fishtail Parka in Black for a Large or Medium.

Please login first to reply.