August 3, 2012 @ 10:21 AM
melindagom

mk2 are truly good and reliable.
August 3, 2012 @ 10:26 AM
OGDUBZ

camry bruh those things last a lifetime
August 3, 2012 @ 10:35 AM
OGDUBZ

also for the car heads out there im bout to get a kia optima 2011 or 10..
..its pretyy much all stock no spoiler nothing...anyone have suggestions to make it lookin cool
not tryna be ghost ridin in that shiet..
August 3, 2012 @ 11:17 AM
einstein

Started with an integra, shit was modded af, but it got stolen then upgraded to e38. too complicated for me to mess with. japanese cars are pretty good learning cars plus they hold value.
August 20, 2013 @ 09:27 AM
Becky Macy

The learning car that you are looking for need not be an attractive one, but must serve its purpose. Depending on your location, you might want to try out local used car dealers and their car availability. Choose any brand from the Japanese or German or even American brands, just make sure about the car’s functionality and reliability.
Parts and Accessories
October 31, 2013 @ 04:38 PM
flu

I am in the same position as op and I am a Nissan fanatic. Probably will get a S14 as my first project car. What's your opinion on this choice fam?

WTB: Supreme Quilted Satin Bomber Sz: Med.

October 31, 2013 @ 09:43 PM
araw at bituin

s chassis is a good choice. you'll have no shortage of used/ new parts to choose from.

http://instagram.com/qyel

November 2, 2013 @ 03:41 AM
flu

I know there is a lot of aftermarket support. The only thing I am worried about is my lack of mechanical skills, I will either have to pay somebody for some work or rely on my friend. I want to learn, but I'd like to avoid messing the car up. I'm going to have a project car no matter what, but the question is when to start?

WTB: Supreme Quilted Satin Bomber Sz: Med.

November 18, 2013 @ 10:30 AM
حريق

I know there is a lot of aftermarket support. The only thing I am worried about is my lack of mechanical skills, I will either have to pay somebody for some work or rely on my friend. I want to learn, but I'd like to avoid messing the car up. I'm going to have a project car no matter what, but the question is when to start?
The internet will be your best friend. Forums, youtube, etc. You'll be shocked on how much information you can find. My w203 wasn't ideal for a car I should be working on due to the price & from everything I heard, Mercedes are hard to work on. I don't think that's true in my case at least.  I've learned how to work on my car myself. I can practically diagnose & replace almost everything on my car. I mean somethings I cannot do simply because I don't have the tools but I know what to do. Like you, I've never worked on a car a day in my life when I started to be curious about my car. I've fixed a problem even the indy workshop that works on nothing but European cars couldn't even diagnose correctly cool.

demdownvotestho

December 9, 2013 @ 08:57 AM
GDChoi

best bet, honda civic, learn on it drive it sell it then go from there. One of the easiest cars to mess around with
December 9, 2013 @ 08:54 PM
!Bang!

I have an E46 and learning new things about it everyday. Things I've done:
- oil
- spark plugs
- coolant reservoir
- tail lights
- FSL
- timing belts
As long as you have the proper tools and the time you can pretty much do anything.
December 10, 2013 @ 08:33 AM
heyitzalex

Get a civic, 240sx, if you want to learn about turbos then go with a wrx, if you want to go euro, e46 328. G35/350z is a good starter car too and the community is very helpful. 

Please login first to reply.