Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
January 25, 2012 @ 03:14 AM
JohnnyF

Some pics of my baby before I sold her last Nov. God do I miss her. That turbo back exhaust was so loud, I used to set off parked car alarms.

:'(

I'll own another...someday....someday

WTB: Diamond Tees! (PBR, Misfits, PJ Ladd Celtics) SZ XL

January 25, 2012 @ 05:30 AM
Anti-Hero

That's a sick STI, Hawkeyes were the best MY's for STI's so far,imo.

I'm tempted to sell my Bugeye and buy a GC8. Probably will do that later down the road for a track/DD beater.

flickr.com/leavetownrightnow/

January 25, 2012 @ 07:23 AM
Nemo7

This. Any time you go modifying a car you're setting it up to fail. People that slap on new trubos, turbo backs, etc without proper tunes WILL fuck your car. I had mine all done professionally and even then you're still taking a risk.

About the fluids though, I always ran German Castrol in mine. Not sure what you mean by them being picky with fluids :D

Yeah same here German Castrol, but I've heard so many horror stories from Mobil 1 and other synthetics that end in spun rods. And Maybe I'm just picky because I have an 02 WRX with stock gears, so I have to pick my transmission fluids carefully.

and Anti-Hero
if you KNOW how tot ake care of it yes i dont know if the OP knows how to if so he can research only problem i had with the STI was insurance and payments it was going to be like payhing for 2 cars...also depending how old you are.
im not favoring anyone of these i just looked at some downs sides for both inorder for me to find a choice.

i was going to return to the choice of an STI but decided to buy my uncles ISF instead which maybe traded in for another car soon.
My girlfrind has the wrx hatchback which is no STI but is still a great car none the less

Haha of course I'm not taking it personal. Being a Subie owner, he should just hear about the car from people that actually own it.

i didn't think you were but i know your right i just gave my 2 cents why i didn't get it but I'm am contemplating getting an a new STI or a new 370z (leaning more towards STI smile )
January 25, 2012 @ 01:28 PM
JohnnyF

That's a sick STI, Hawkeyes were the besy MY's for STI's so far,imo.

I'm tempted to sell my Bugeye and buy a GC8. Probably will do that later down the road for a track/DD beater.

Thanks man smile

GC8's are dope! I want one too lol.

February 7, 2012 @ 01:09 AM
bokchoy`

I have a GC8. i love it

http://instagram.com/eleong

February 7, 2012 @ 01:11 AM
JohnnyF

Very nice! ^

March 12, 2012 @ 07:12 AM
WomenBeShoppin

hmmm lets think about this....

2 seater
200hp
n/a
HONDA.........
rwd

or

sedan
300hp
turbo
awd

someone please tell me the advantages an s2k has over an sti..please

the sti makes about 240whp, not 300..
March 12, 2012 @ 11:59 AM
JohnnyF

hmmm lets think about this....

2 seater
200hp
n/a
HONDA.........
rwd

or

sedan
300hp
turbo
awd

someone please tell me the advantages an s2k has over an sti..please

the sti makes about 240whp, not 300..

I lol'd

March 12, 2012 @ 12:07 PM
WomenBeShoppin

It's true, 240whp is a good number for a 2005 stock STI. I see them dyno usually even lower. Trust me, I worked on/dyno tuned cars for a couple years
March 14, 2012 @ 05:03 AM
Anti-Hero

It's true, 240whp is a good number for a 2005 stock STI. I see them dyno usually even lower. Trust me, I worked on/dyno tuned cars for a couple years

lol

flickr.com/leavetownrightnow/

March 21, 2012 @ 03:43 PM
paulywalnuts

didn't read most of the thread and haven't driven an STI but i'm going to give my goddam opinion anyway
oh also i'm biased because i used to sell hondas
the s2000 is a lot of fun, it's an awesome ride and just unbelievably fun, it makes going out to grab lunch or a gallon of milk or a pack of cigs an exciting trip and great excuse to drive. it's underpowered, but if you're anything like me that's a benefit in disguise - less speeding tickets and less incentive to speed. i'm going to get one someday i think, but before i have kids, and before i need to haul shit around.
apple and oranges, like someone said.
are you a big dude? if you're over 6 feet you'll prob be squeezed into the s2k. do you need the extra room that a sedan offers? if you need ANY practicality at all, the s2k is going to become a headache pretty quickly.

i master bait from time to time/// wtb - supreme mohair cardigan large, orange or pink, pm me...

Please login first to reply.