Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
January 7, 2012 @ 09:37 PM
Cybrax2

How come nobody mentions Golf R's? Does nobody care about quality anymore?

Fucking hypebeasts.
January 8, 2012 @ 01:37 AM
Anti-Hero

How come nobody mentions Golf R's? Does nobody care about quality anymore?

Fucking hypebeasts.

ironic, because euro only recently became trendy along with the flush movement...

OP's asking about S2K and STI, not a Golf.

flickr.com/leavetownrightnow/

January 9, 2012 @ 09:32 AM
mrfunnni

you guys dont know fucking shit about cars.
Op you gotta ask yourself what you need in a car, drive both, make sure you can afford insurance/gas/maintenance before you even think about modifying. go to nasioc.com and s2ki.com and search your shit
i sell cars for a living so i know half the shit these guys said in the thread i just glanced over, none of its relative to you.
a used STI is going to be in shit condition, things will break, thats the nature of the beast
i drive a 2011 sti my avatar is my actual car. whatever car you decide to buy get it checked out at a mechanic you trust.
dont believe anyone when they say car was stock or there bs story, find out for yourself. pull carfax. i know this sounds expensive but your investing alot of money into this car. putting out a few hundred to protect your investment is worth it.

just fyi
Maintenance ont he STi: all 4 tires will have to be the same and will only last you 20k miles. unless you drive it like a fag then why have it? its a sport compact car, it gets ok mpg, insurance sucks. oil changes are expensive, changing your brembo brakes is 1k+
this is if you keep the car stock and presuming you get a good car for your price range. if you want to modify go to nasioc and research. livability wise the STi is fine, trans is notchy and staying out of boost is a pia. AWD clutch fucking sucks btw to wheover said awd was easier to drive, your fucking dumb. daily driving? get a wrx start small go big.

s2k: soft top, at the dealer i work at we had 3 s2ks seats jacked cause some guys cut the tops and unlcoked it, this will happen to you unless your in a garage every night or you get a hardtop which is a couple grand. you will hear fucking everything on the road when you drive it, blindspots are a bitch with the top up. the steering wheel does not move, trans is good, however if u buy a fucked up one itll cost you big time. tires last you somewhat longer, just fyi its more difficult to work on the Sti then it is on the s2k, parts are about the same price. idk how big you are but if your over 6 foot driving the s2ks gunna suck. its like driving a civic until you crack vtec. its a sports car it wants to go fast, idk if you can live with that daily, yes driving it will be fun but when u just wana get home will annoy the shit out of you? its a high compression engine so gas mileage isnt amazing but decent.

if you have any questions pm me.
what cars faster? the car with the better driver. drive both, figure out what you need, then go from there.

haha fag

January 9, 2012 @ 07:39 PM
itZj0k3R

^^

Prefering an Evo over an STI just cause "douchebags" drive it. Ahahahahahahahahaha.

Maybe I should rephrase haha. It's not the only reason why I don't like STi's, but I don't want to get into detail. Around my area, there are too many kids driving STi's thinking their hardshit. It just gives STi's a really bad rep in my book. A similar reason as to why I don't like Mustangs either. Don't see many Evo's around here. But really I wouldn't buy either but that's me.
January 10, 2012 @ 12:07 PM
nemesi5

^^

Prefering an Evo over an STI just cause "douchebags" drive it. Ahahahahahahahahaha.

Maybe I should rephrase haha. It's not the only reason why I don't like STi's, but I don't want to get into detail. Around my area, there are too many kids driving STi's thinking their hardshit. It just gives STi's a really bad rep in my book. A similar reason as to why I don't like Mustangs either. Don't see many Evo's around here. But really I wouldn't buy either but that's me.

If you're gonna get a fucking evo because kids give an STI's a "bad rep", then you're just a fucking faggot. Choose the car you prefer, not what everyone else drives or not. This thread is full of bullshit anyways except mrfunnni's post, don't listen to these kids telling you to get a different car because pinoys or someshit drive it.
January 12, 2012 @ 10:45 PM
itZj0k3R

^^
It's not the only reason why I don't like STi's.

Never said I was gonna get an Evo anyways. But if anyone were to actually buy a car over another because of just that reason than yeah they are an idiot.
January 13, 2012 @ 01:29 AM
ak

buying either of those cars used its hard. people who drive them are either really young and drove them like race cars or the mileage is off the charts. either way they cool, i think a wrx would be more practical.
January 13, 2012 @ 04:51 AM
shingo

I would go with S2000 all day but both cars have their good and bad points, if you do go with a S2000 get a 2005 that's the only year AP2 that came with throttle cable still, all other year AP2 was drive by wire

S.F.S. - VRT - Battle Style SPL - L4P - HH - OMaM - GoT

January 14, 2012 @ 04:49 AM
╒rozzy

^^

If you're gonna get a fucking evo because kids give an STI's a "bad rep", then you're just a fucking faggot. Choose the car you prefer, not what everyone else drives or not. This thread is full of bullshit anyways except mrfunnni's post, don't listen to these kids telling you to get a different car because pinoys or someshit drive it.

That's odd, the Subaru community over here in the Bay Area seems chill, we have meets at Mitsubishi and Subaru capitol dealers.
All the Evo and STi owners get along nicely.
My 07, all it has is cobb ap stage 2 and catback exhaust, just a daily.

Remember, it's all preference. Ive driven an AP2 and I think it's a fun little nimble car. Although I couldn't fking stand his exhaust drone.

I am actually thinking about selling for an older NSX though.

January 14, 2012 @ 11:09 PM
Anti-Hero

That's odd, the Subaru community over here in the Bay Area seems chill, we have meets at Mitsubishi and Subaru capitol dealers.
My 07, all it has is cobb ap stage 2 and catback exhaust, just a daily.

Remember, it's all preference. Ive driven an AP2 and I think it's a fun little nimble car. Although I couldn't fking stand his exhaust drone.

I am actually thinking about selling for an older NSX though.

I've always wanted to head out to the Capitol Hill Subie meet. But I have one every Tuesday down the street from my house in Vallejo, so I never ventured.

I heard Mark Arcenal is selling the NSX he just got for the cheaps.

January 15, 2012 @ 12:19 AM
califoreigner

I've got a CGM 05 STi w/ mods similar to Frozzy. Also my dd. love it.
January 15, 2012 @ 08:39 AM
loverfAce

January 18, 2012 @ 11:08 PM
forum_158

I've got an AP1 and love it. If I lived in a nicer climate, there is no way I would even compare the two.
January 19, 2012 @ 01:17 AM
╒rozzy

Love BBS LM's, love the S2k, hate the fitment.

Beefy tires >

January 19, 2012 @ 01:32 AM
Zeeks

evo for lyfe.
January 19, 2012 @ 03:25 AM
itZj0k3R

^^

That's why I said just around my area. Tons of Subis running around revving their shit and screaming out the window lol.
January 19, 2012 @ 07:46 AM
Truetalk

Fuck the s2k. STI all day.
January 20, 2012 @ 03:43 PM
xxTKOxx

wow that blue s2k looks sick!
hmm for getting more for your buck. I would go with STI. It can serve more purposes. The S2K is limited to two seats and trunk space. You have a more roomier car with the STI. Good luck on your purchase.
January 22, 2012 @ 04:02 AM
Redline

even though OP is never coming back,
to be honest, sti would probably be better choice. s2000 is more for... "serious enthusiasts" with money to blow, that can give up versatility and function, or i dunno how to put it.
January 22, 2012 @ 06:04 AM
bokchoy`

STi

http://instagram.com/eleong

January 24, 2012 @ 05:55 AM
Nemo7

Comparing 2 completely different cars

basically do you want a RWD car or AWD car

do you want a 300HP beast but have to replace the turbo later on.

or do you want a reliable car with a measly 240HP.

i love both cars but if i had to choose id get an STI

pluss you have to ask yourself do you want to take people around
January 24, 2012 @ 05:52 PM
JohnnyF

I had a 06 STi and loved every minute of it. 120k on the motor and origional turbo with no problems. Sold it to move into a bigger apartment. Payments were crazy on it + insurance. Most fun car I ever owned. My debate was with the same deal, s2k or Sti. Never regretted my decision.

I had mine stage 2 tuned @349hp. Was so fun in the summer, and winter ;)

WTB: Diamond Tees! (PBR, Misfits, PJ Ladd Celtics) SZ XL

January 24, 2012 @ 06:03 PM
JohnnyF

Both cars are VERY reliable. 240hp is not measly in a s2k bro, power to weight ratio in that car is ridiculous...

January 24, 2012 @ 06:15 PM
Redline

Both cars are VERY reliable. 240hp is not measly in a s2k bro, power to weight ratio in that car is ridiculous...

it's more hit&miss, YMMV with subaru.
I met a guy with a BASE impreza, about 70k on the chassis, on his 4th motor.
My friend with an 09 STi took it to the track for his 1st time, engine went out.

on a related note, more parts on the sti = higher chance of something failing as well
January 24, 2012 @ 06:31 PM
Anti-Hero

How is the stock TD04 a problem issue? if anything, aftermarket turbos will fail harder and faster.

and Subarus are picky with the oils and fluids you choose and often require meticulous care. I can see them failing under racing pressure without that care.

January 24, 2012 @ 08:41 PM
Nemo7

it's more hit&miss, YMMV with subaru.
I met a guy with a BASE impreza, about 70k on the chassis, on his 4th motor.
My friend with an 09 STi took it to the track for his 1st time, engine went out.

on a related note, more parts on the sti = higher chance of something failing as well

ohh im not doubting you i wanted a s2000 a while back to me its a timeless car it will always be a great car no matter what almost like the NSX but alot of people only car about HP which i understandable but [people need to learn about weight aswell. i was stuck between these to but then i test drove a 350z in 2007 and loved it so i bought it instead and loved every minute of owning.

and Anti-Hero
if you KNOW how tot ake care of it yes i dont know if the OP knows how to if so he can research only problem i had with the STI was insurance and payments it was going to be like payhing for 2 cars...also depending how old you are.
im not favoring anyone of these i just looked at some downs sides for both inorder for me to find a choice.

i was going to return to the choice of an STI but decided to buy my uncles ISF instead which maybe traded in for another car soon.
My girlfrind has the wrx hatchback which is no STI but is still a great car none the less
January 24, 2012 @ 11:49 PM
JohnnyF

How is the stock TD04 a problem issue? if anything, aftermarket turbos will fail harder and faster.

and Subarus are picky with the oils and fluids you choose and often require meticulous care. I can see them failing under racing pressure without that care.

This. Any time you go modifying a car you're setting it up to fail. People that slap on new trubos, turbo backs, etc without proper tunes WILL fuck your car. I had mine all done professionally and even then you're still taking a risk.

About the fluids though, I always ran German Castrol in mine. Not sure what you mean by them being picky with fluids :D

January 25, 2012 @ 02:15 AM
Anti-Hero

This. Any time you go modifying a car you're setting it up to fail. People that slap on new trubos, turbo backs, etc without proper tunes WILL fuck your car. I had mine all done professionally and even then you're still taking a risk.

About the fluids though, I always ran German Castrol in mine. Not sure what you mean by them being picky with fluids :D

Yeah same here German Castrol, but I've heard so many horror stories from Mobil 1 and other synthetics that end in spun rods. And Maybe I'm just picky because I have an 02 WRX with stock gears, so I have to pick my transmission fluids carefully.

and Anti-Hero
if you KNOW how tot ake care of it yes i dont know if the OP knows how to if so he can research only problem i had with the STI was insurance and payments it was going to be like payhing for 2 cars...also depending how old you are.
im not favoring anyone of these i just looked at some downs sides for both inorder for me to find a choice.

i was going to return to the choice of an STI but decided to buy my uncles ISF instead which maybe traded in for another car soon.
My girlfrind has the wrx hatchback which is no STI but is still a great car none the less

Haha of course I'm not taking it personal. Being a Subie owner, he should just hear about the car from people that actually own it.

January 25, 2012 @ 02:46 AM
itZj0k3R

^^ This. I heard STi's are pretty sensitive and would require a tune with just intake and exhaust. Not saying that if it didn't have one it would run like shit suddenly.
January 25, 2012 @ 03:08 AM
JohnnyF

@Anti. All thoes horror stories about Mobil1 are true! It's SUCH bad oil its not even funny. Before I even bought my STi, I did so much research on which oil to use. Bobistheoilguy.com is the best forum for car oils lol. Sounds funny, but the information on that site is amazing.

@itZj0k3r. Yea, any time you put anything on a suby you NEED to tune it. If you throw even an intake on it, it will run like shit. Subaru's have a MAF sensor, you throw a random intake on there without telling the computer what to be expecting for airflow readings and its going to be sending the wrong amounts air into the engine. Sounds crazy but its true.

If you guys have or are getting into subys, id check out NASIOC.com. The biggest place for any information on any subaru. For your fluids as mentioned before, check bobistheoilguy.com/

Please login first to reply.