Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
December 31, 2011 @ 09:46 PM
HellRazor

Opinions on whether to get a 2005+ (+ meaning or newer) Honda S2000 or 2005 Subaru Impreza STi. Not looking to compare the specs (one is a 2 seater, one is AWD, turbo, HP, etc.) just lookin for some opinions, thanks! =)
December 31, 2011 @ 09:53 PM
Kid_Dennis

I'd get the sti bro, haha. If you have enough money to get one then choose the STI over the s2000. I like the looks of the s2k, but the STI with 300HP+, 5 seats, and that aggressive look, AWD, I can't choose a s2k over that haha.
December 31, 2011 @ 10:02 PM
HellRazor

Yea its a hard decision haha I dont have the money for either yet but im workin on it but if money isnt the issue when it comes down to it its gonna be a hard choice lol. Leanin more towards the S2K a little right now cuz my friend had a 03 WRX and it got wrecked and as soon as I told him I might get an STi he started cryin sayin I cant get one cuz he had a Subi first and he wants to get an 06 STi now lol...
January 1, 2012 @ 12:41 AM
Redline

s2000 for me for sure...but 02-05
you really can't make a decision without comparing the obvious differences

and even if you 2 had the same car, they'll never both be the same. you modify it to suit your own tastes right?
January 1, 2012 @ 01:45 AM
HellRazor

Well for me I personally prefer the AP2.
Im not planning on racing, tracking or doin any mods to either, I plan to buy one stock or as close as possible. Both are powerful as is and I just want to enjoy my own personal driving experience. Ive been a fan of the look and power of these 2 cars stock for quite a while. I know huge differences exist performance wise but thats not a concern for me, I guess im kinda talkin more look wise.

And the comment about my friend yea I know haha, that I dont care about I just threw that in there as a joke cuz he would bitch if I got Impreza no matter what year it was lol.
January 1, 2012 @ 02:14 AM
Cybrax2

S2K because its a bit less ricey.

The only people I see driving STi's around here are filipinos rocking snapbackz. You wanna be part of their crew?

Same could be said with s2k and LVGs but uhh, your pick...

*cougheurocough*

*edit*

nah honestly, I'd imagine s2k more fun to drive than the sti but Iono
January 1, 2012 @ 02:57 AM
Molly Wopp

An AP2.
January 1, 2012 @ 03:35 AM
╒rozzy

S2K because its a bit less ricey.

The only people I see driving STi's around here are filipinos rocking snapbackz. You wanna be part of their crew?

Same could be said with s2k and LVGs but uhh, your pick...

*cougheurocough*

*edit*

nah honestly, I'd imagine s2k more fun to drive than the sti but Iono

You're kidding right? Most of the people I see driving STi's are "bro's". I only see Pinoys driving S2k's lol.

Personally I think the S2k is a better looking car, STi isn't a bad looking car either. You really can't go wrong with either car.

January 1, 2012 @ 05:53 PM
Japanese Elitist

bmw or gtfo.
January 1, 2012 @ 07:53 PM
Kid_Dennis

You can't call an STI a ricer if it's going 300 HP+ stock haha.
January 1, 2012 @ 08:25 PM
kmz

bmw or gtfo.

not necessarily wrong
sti were cool when i was in HS but now id drive a honda before i drive a boy racer car (esp when you dd it to work)
with that being said you could always just sell it a couple years down the line. but girls love dat luxury

id get an sti > s2k every time though
January 1, 2012 @ 09:38 PM
Cybrax2

Frozzy: Well the drivers of both s2k and STi's are pinoys, with snapbacks, eating chicken adobo.

btw look into any r32. If your not looking in to spec, its a better car if your looking for a subtle style with the sporty driving.
The engine/exhaust just sounds a lot better than most cars without being obnoxious and ricey, just a perk.
January 2, 2012 @ 02:19 AM
Davus

s2k for the luxury and looks + gets the girls!!!
January 2, 2012 @ 02:40 AM
The Chosen One

suspended

Sole purpose of buying a car: To impress girls [smokey]
January 2, 2012 @ 02:48 AM
jimmillion

imo if you live in an area that doesn't get snow or even worst the road salt that comes with snow, then I'd say get the S2k. Any other situation I would go with the 2005 sti ('05 being my favorite model btw) and the S2k as a secondary weekend car down the road.
January 2, 2012 @ 05:43 AM
The Chosen One

suspended

hmmm lets think about this....

2 seater
200hp
n/a
HONDA.........
rwd

or

sedan
300hp
turbo
awd

someone please tell me the advantages an s2k has over an sti..please
January 2, 2012 @ 07:54 AM
Cybrax2

theres no advantages over each other.

apple and oranges.

to op: the best you could do is to test drive both cars.
I dunno if you're a new driver, but most driver, including myself, start to lose value in horsepower and linear speed but handling will forever be appreciated.

You may find the sti easier to drive because of the awd and you would only need to learn to control the boost. Im inferring that the STi's feels less like a race car because of massive weight and horsepower( like the g35/350z, Muscle cars, and such) and more like a boat, but it'll still a faster car than the s2000.

as for the s2000, i've only rode passenger, but if it's anywhere near like the lotus elise, its twitchy for the first time but you'll adapt. Accceleration for the s2000 isn't too special on the street due to concentrated torque on high RPM, but it's still fast on public road.
RWD is also more suited for experienced driver but it doesnt mean you cant drive it. The gearbox sounds beautiful tho, snick-snick...snick!

If you need something holds cargo but want that sports car feel then get the STi.

Unless you can fully sacrifice practicality for a pure toy, then s2000 would be a much better car.

Personally , I'd pick the s2000 because I hardly carry anyone or any object, around, and I value tactility more than speed. Ironic because I hate Hondas most.
January 2, 2012 @ 12:15 PM
HellRazor

Damn seems like more people would just the S2k lol. I wanted to use a poll on this thread but everytime I put it it disappears but thanks for the opinions keep the comin!

Cybrax2, thanks for that really detailed answer man, I greatly appreciate it! Thats one of the biggest concerns for me actually is that the S2000 lacks space but at the same time I wouldnt be using my car as a storage space anyway so im still not sure.
January 2, 2012 @ 07:49 PM
Redline

hmmm lets think about this....

2 seater
200hp
n/a
HONDA.........
rwd

or

sedan
300hp
turbo
awd

someone please tell me the advantages an s2k has over an sti..please

more than 200 hp boy... obviously there's a difference in weight which brings them closer together, but yes the sti is faster
s2000 has one smooth as fuck transmission.. biggest difference is probably the drop top and difference in handling, s2000 is fun as hell.

srs note though, best advantage is them 100+ hp/L on a NA engine braggin rights

to OP: if you are going for the s2000, i know you said you want 2005+ ap2, you should take a look at the differences between the 04-05 & newer. some people dont like some of the changes
January 3, 2012 @ 02:09 PM
Molly Wopp

The 04 and 05 ap2 doesn't have vsa and the seats are still ap1. Other than that everything else is the same from 06+.
January 4, 2012 @ 04:36 AM
Redline

The 04 and 05 ap2 doesn't have vsa and the seats are still ap1. Other than that everything else is the same from 06+.

....this list begs to differ
biggest thing is obviously DBW

• MSRP increased to $34,050 and shipping to $550 for a total of $34,600.
• Drive-By-Wire Throttle System. Ues a computer sensor to input throttle as opposed to pulling on the throttle cable. It's all electronic. this has allowed for several other changes. The cruise control actuator, control unit, Idle air control motor have all been eliminated. Many early reports say the DBW is pretty seamless, with no delay to rev match on a downshift.
• Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) with traction control. A combination of computer controlled throttle and individual wheel braking to control sudden changes in vehicle behavior. VSA has a turn-off switch where the defrost button (moved) used to be.
• 20 lbs heavier
• Redesigned road wheels
• Redesigned steering wheel
• New color, Laguna Blue
• Daytime running lights (DRL)
• Brake Assist, which helps drivers apply full braking pressure in an accident avoidance situation via the ABS actuator. Braking pressure is maintained momentarily after the driver's initial braking action to help the driver stop promptly. It deactivates when the driver releases pressure on the brake pedal
• Basic warranty is 3 year/36,000 but the power train was extended to 5 years/60,000 mile
• Exterior temperature gauge
• New seats; they no longer have seat back pocket and headrest speaker system is gone
• 4 of the 8 speaker audio system are integrated roll bar speakers
• Sebring silver and white only come with a black interior
• CARB emissions rating is now LEV-2
• Passenger-side airbag cutoff
• IAC Valve has been eliminated, along with the cruise control hardware; it is all controlled by the ECU for the DBW system. A gas pedal cable runs into the engine compartment to an actuator. From there it's electronic.
• New intake manifold, intake support bracket, and injector cover. With the new intake manifold casting there are no additional vacuum ports on the manifold. The intake air temp sensor has been relocated to the air inlet tube.
• Only one cam sensor
• New style map sensor
• IAT sensor has moved to the rubber intake tract
• Differential now has a breather box mounted behind it
• Fuel line at engine is now a quick-release type
• Air pump, associated lines and and control valve, have been eliminated
• Weight/and or/position sensors mounted in the seats
• Fan switch in the radiator has been replaced with a second CTS, in turn the fans are now computer controlled
• HO2S in the header is now referred to as an Air fuel ratio sensor
• If you leave the gas cap loose, you'll get a "CHECK GAS CAP" warning, displayed in the outside temp display
• Return-less fuel system. There is no longer a regulator on the fuel rail, it is built into the fuel pump module in the tank. The injectors, fuel rail, fuel feed lines have all changed. NOTE: Reportedly this makes Supercharger kits for the 00-05 cars incompatible.
• The cylinder head doesn't have injection ports machined. The cylinder head will not swap on the 00-05 cars. (with a stock PCM).
• SRS system. Several new components, front impact sensors have been added, as well as a passengers seat weight sensor. The Passenger airbag now is shut off when someone under a safe weight is in the seat. There is also a driver seat position sensor, which changes bag deployment force based on seat position. The passengers bag shut off indicator is above the radio door. NOTE: Reportedly 00-05 passenger seats will not function with the system, as the weight sensor is built into the seat rails.
• The hemholtz resonator on the exhaust system has changed shape/dimension; they are now oval, instead of round.
• ECM logic/SSD mode. The ECM/PCM performs several functions after the key is turned off and removed. You must wait at least 15minutes after the key is turned off before unplugging the PCM. NOTE: If you unplug the PCM while it's performing the SSD (self shut down) tests you can permanently damage the PCM.
• Maintenance minder system. The previous Maintenance Req'd light has been replaced with a new system. Oil life is calculated based on RPM's and operation conditions to determine oil change intervals.
• Air filter mounting stud has changed, the air filter from a 00-05 will not fit properly in the 06 airbox.
• HP is now stated at 237 - due to the auto industry wide change in how HP is calculated**
January 4, 2012 @ 12:06 PM
Japanese Elitist

dat google then copy and paste.
January 5, 2012 @ 11:59 PM
itZj0k3R

Too many douchebags with STi's thinking theyre hard shit. That's why I prefer Evo > STi

Though for practical uses, the STi/Evo would be more suited. Insurance, I can't really say though most would say s2k would be more expensive but STi can be just as much, if not more.
January 6, 2012 @ 03:02 AM
Anti-Hero

STI /thread.

thank me later when you have intelligent communities like I-club/ Nasioc to help you with your car.

theres no advantages over each other.

lol. Obviously 4Doors, AWD, and bigger displacement have an advantage over 2 Doors and a drop top. Not to mention how easy it is to work on a Boxer engine. If you want a car to impress ladies, at least get one with a back seat to fuck in.

Too many douchebags with STi's thinking theyre hard shit. That's why I prefer Evo > STi

Newer EVO's AWD system is much smarter which makes the car handle better, but Just as many idiots drive EVOs. and an S2K will definitely be more in insurance if the driver has a clean slate.

flickr.com/leavetownrightnow/

January 6, 2012 @ 03:08 AM
Anti-Hero

Cybrax2, thanks for that really detailed answer man, I greatly appreciate it! Thats one of the biggest concerns for me actually is that the S2000 lacks space but at the same time I wouldnt be using my car as a storage space anyway so im still not sure.

Everyone says that shit, but I guarantee you there will come a time when you wish you had room for something.

January 6, 2012 @ 03:26 AM
Redline

lol. Obviously 4Doors, AWD, and bigger displacement have an advantage over 2 Doors and a drop top. Not to mention how easy it is to work on a Boxer engine. If you want a car to impress ladies, at least get one with a back seat to fuck in.

lol drop top is only a disadvantage if you don't want it. of course anyone who buys an s2000 would love it. only in a racing sense is that a real advantage.

and ez-er to work on than an NA I4? please explain.

Everyone says that shit, but I guarantee you there will come a time when you wish you had room for something.

That's what I have 2 cars for.
January 6, 2012 @ 08:56 AM
Anti-Hero

please read, closer. i never compared the two in how easy they are to work on. I wouldn't know how easy the s2k is to work on because i don't have that knowledge or claimed to. But I do have knowledge when it comes to the STI. It's fairly easy for a green mechanic to work on it, especially with a community forum as big as NASOIC and I-Club backing the car. BTW, 4 Doors and AWD are not racing advantages, those are advantages for a car that will be daily driven.

and OP doesn't sound like he has two cars, so my second point still stands.

my main point is that if OP's car is going to be a DD then the STI wins. However if you are a die-hard AP2 fan, want a track car, or an early mid-life crisis toy, then I'd get the AP2 as roadsters are generally more fun to drive than a sedan. But a sporty, powerhouse sedan like the STI is the winner in my book in most cases.

January 7, 2012 @ 02:52 AM
Redline

please read, closer. i never compared the two in how easy they are to work on. I wouldn't know how easy the s2k is to work on because i don't have that knowledge or claimed to. But I do have knowledge when it comes to the STI. It's fairly easy for a green mechanic to work on it, especially with a community forum as big as NASOIC and I-Club backing the car. BTW, 4 Doors and AWD are not racing advantages, those are advantages for a car that will be daily driven.

and OP doesn't sound like he has two cars, so my second point still stands.

my main point is that if OP's car is going to be a DD then the STI wins. However if you are a die-hard AP2 fan, want a track car, or an early mid-life crisis toy, then I'd get the AP2 as roadsters are generally more fun to drive than a sedan. But a sporty, powerhouse sedan like the STI is the winner in my book in most cases.

i didn't say 4 doors and awd are only racing advantages :/
i was talking about open top
but, my bad, misread, you win.
January 7, 2012 @ 08:16 PM
Kid_Dennis

^^

Prefering an Evo over an STI just cause "douchebags" drive it. Ahahahahahahahahaha.
January 7, 2012 @ 08:51 PM
cityofdevils

you should really consider at least riding along in an EVO. i've never driven an s2k but evo > sti by far

Please login first to reply.