Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
March 14, 2011 @ 11:54 PM
ofasho

VIA: insideline.com

The news of the impending demise of the Evo
March 18, 2011 @ 01:00 PM
AllDayApparel

truly unfortunate
March 19, 2011 @ 04:44 AM
&y

now subaru will be cakin easily with the sti.
March 19, 2011 @ 11:39 PM
Nijkap

terrible decision smh..
March 20, 2011 @ 01:50 AM
wubsley

i bet they'll come out with some sort of hybrid evo...
March 20, 2011 @ 03:20 PM
MaliciousInten

i bet they'll come out with some sort of hybrid evo...

I highly doubt that. The added cost for hybrid drive system would simply cost far to much for the current average Evolution customer.
March 20, 2011 @ 05:03 PM
Keileo

Evolution is never ending...
March 23, 2011 @ 01:51 AM
dylan fisher

gonna bring it back in the next 20 years just like audi is bringing back the quattro. theres no way there just gonna kill the car that made the brand as popular (in the states atleast) as it did.

Easy mang...

March 23, 2011 @ 01:57 PM
MaliciousInten

see the thing is money talks. if any of us were the ceo of mitsu and if i compare the amount of mitsubishi fusos to the amount of evos i see running around i wouldn't hestitate to kill off the evo either. the evo just aint selling for some mysterious reason even though time after time the evo and sti are compared, the evo is faster around a track.

Mitsubishi never anticipated the Evolution to be their bread winner. The evolution is targeted to a specific type of client. The evolutions biggest goal is to spread brand awareness and improve brand image. How many lower spec lancers do you Mitsubishi had sold because of the Evolution?
March 23, 2011 @ 03:09 PM
&y

yeah, they're not gonna sell anymore cars now the evo is gonna be gone. the only cars i see from mitsubishi nowadays are lancers, and evos
March 25, 2011 @ 12:14 AM
MaliciousInten

i think this is where they made their mistake. even with such a good car, they failed at spreading awareness. they should of went crazy with advertising the evo as well as sponsor every guy with decent driving skills so that the evo is seen on tv and the streets. every time i see a mitsu commercial, they never show the evo. subaru rarely (or never. i have no clue) does commercials for their sti's either but they sell well because they are always on tv and guys like ken block are given one to fuck around with. mitsu needs to tell the world that this car exists instead of doing commercials for their suv.

Mitsubishi does not need to advertise the Evolution. The Evolution is a enthusiast car plain and simple. Every true enthusiast knows the Evolution exist and realizes the cars capabilities and potential. This is the same reason why manufacturers never offer year end sales on flagship performance models because price isn't the main selling point for these types of clients. They over market everyday type vehicles because of the intense competition for market share from other manufactures. Honestly I'm in shock they are canceling the Evolution X. I cannot imaging how much money went into R&D to develop the new chassis.
March 25, 2011 @ 06:05 PM
hooperr

Wasn't this just a rumor or has it now been confirmed for real?
March 26, 2011 @ 11:05 AM
THiZZ

Lets be honest though the Evo IX was the last raw platform they had created. The X was a more refined and less aggressive platform. Not to mention they were poorly built. For the amount of money you were spending on them they didn't show it in the quality. I will admit they are better than STi's but they lost when they debuted the X. Atleast in earlier gens there was a noticable difference between the Evo and the Lancer nowadays they basically look the same with few differences. Mitsu knew that they didn't want to be apart of the enthusiast crowd and they want to market to a different crowd. They pretty much scrapped all their other sport lines so it was just a matter of time before the Evo would be next on the chopping block...

-THiZZ
March 26, 2011 @ 12:26 PM
modernmischief

EVO's and STI's are overpriced anyway
March 27, 2011 @ 05:43 PM
MaliciousInten

EVO's and STI's are overpriced anyway

How so? These cars are priced around mid 30s and keep up with cars priced tens of thousands more. These cars have extremely sophisticated technology which is very expensive to develop.
March 28, 2011 @ 08:22 AM
zerodragunov

does anyone here have a X? I'm thinking of getting one
March 28, 2011 @ 11:11 AM
Redline

How so? These cars are priced around mid 30s and keep up with cars priced tens of thousands more. These cars have extremely sophisticated technology which is very expensive to develop.

wtf a new evo starts at 42k, sti @ 38

Would you rather buy a fully loaded evo @ 54k or a 335i/S4? Interior of an evo is nothing special
March 28, 2011 @ 12:32 PM
iSTi

^He means U.S. prices.
March 28, 2011 @ 01:20 PM
Redline

oh right. second sentence still applies
March 28, 2011 @ 02:10 PM
zerodragunov

dont get one son.

howcome?
March 28, 2011 @ 03:45 PM
tk3791

This sucks evo's are such an amazing car a buddy of mine has an evo 8
March 28, 2011 @ 04:14 PM
mugen_101

crossing my fingers for this
March 29, 2011 @ 10:16 AM
The Main Event

Considering none of Mitsubishi's current lineup (minus the Evo) can really keep up with the competition, this isn't really surprising. The entire brand is performing poorly in the US and when Mitsu killed off the WRC team, one could only assume that the Evo would be on the chopping block soon after.
March 29, 2011 @ 04:07 PM
MaliciousInten

wtf a new evo starts at 42k, sti @ 38

Would you rather buy a fully loaded evo @ 54k or a 335i/S4? Interior of an evo is nothing special

The STi and Evo interior isn't bad. I personally do not buy performance cars because of the interior.
March 29, 2011 @ 09:51 PM
lee714

horrible horrible
March 30, 2011 @ 12:47 AM
wolfstrice09

STIs will become more expensive if this is true... STIs are a poor mans EVO. The reason it is priced lower is to make it more appealing to the customer but if the EVO is no more, Subaru will have the luxury of increasing their price.
March 30, 2011 @ 02:08 AM
thephreak

that's ridiculous, just because it's priced lower than the EVO doesn't make it a poor mans EVO. you make it sound as if all people who drive STI's had no choice but to buy it because they couldn't afford the EVO

I look how you wanna look, I fuck like you wanna fuck, I am smart, capable and most importantly, I am free in all the ways you are not.

April 3, 2011 @ 07:56 PM
W33ZY

Why do you think you see so many damn sti's and wagons all over? They are cheaper and appeal more to the lames who think they are some of the best cars. You aren't going to find a used evo anywhere near the price of a used wrx or sti because they aren't as good. I'd rather have an evo that an sti( even though the newer sti wagons are amazing looking). They are better performance cars and another reason I would get one over an sti is that every damn person around here has an sti. So I would get one to stick out. Just my opinion. They should definitely keep making them, maybe even design one like the older evo's like the 4.
April 3, 2011 @ 08:56 PM
MaliciousInten

Why do you think you see so many damn sti's and wagons all over? They are cheaper and appeal more to the lames who think they are some of the best cars. You aren't going to find a used evo anywhere near the price of a used wrx or sti because they aren't as good. I'd rather have an evo that an sti( even though the newer sti wagons are amazing looking). They are better performance cars and another reason I would get one over an sti is that every damn person around here has an sti. So I would get one to stick out. Just my opinion. They should definitely keep making them, maybe even design one like the older evo's like the 4.

I bought my first Evo in 2005 for 21k with only 11k miles on it. Your logic makes zero fucking sense if that were the case nobody would be STi's then because the cost 3-4 grand more then GSR Evos. No shit you're not going to find WRX and Evos at the same price because Evo's are 10-15g more then WRX.
April 4, 2011 @ 05:02 AM
wolfstrice09

dont think thats what he's saying... EVOs are more expensive because they can out perform an STI bottom line... Horrible idea by Mitsu if they pull the trigger...

Please login first to reply.