Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
February 23, 2011 @ 10:25 PM
wolfstrice09

Whats up guys!! Had no idea this tread even existed but I stick mostly on the Vans thread!! glad I found this... I'm on my third '93 (first was the R1 and the second two were/are the Touring. Current one has all upgrades including second oil cooler essentially making it the R1) Just took my engine out and did a bunch of work on it (13B if you cant tell) mostly ceramic coating (intake, exhaust, intercooler) and seals, with some powder coating on parts (alternator, pulleys, vacuum lines and just for fun did the drive shaft since it was out) All new wire housing also. Dropped the engine in tonight with the help of my buddy so here are the pics from tonight! I'll post up pics with my progress through the months along with ride along videos if I can get my Hero camera working again...

got it on the dyno Thursday last week... also gonna make the leap of faith to a single turbo and the car is projected to put out a solid 500whp

stock wheels on there for the dyno

Got a Precision 6262, ball bearing, billet wheel (rather than steel, and the pitch of the blades causes better flow with less heat), T4 exhaust inlet and the shop has a custom down pipe and intake pipe made of titanium. Also might have to get a different Intercooler to make room for the new Air intake and my current intercooler MIGHT hit the turbo itself but not 100% yet. Also Greddy e-Manage and turbo timer. Also running 1300 injectors.

Here is a better final product pic of my car with the rims on it. I drove it after the guy rebuilt my driveshaft cause they fucked up the first time... it had a heavy knock in it at speeds 50-60mph and then stopped until you hit 80mph it would come back... Ridin smooth now though!

Just threw in this Koyo Radiator tonight!!

couldn't get a decent pic of it installed with my phone
February 23, 2011 @ 10:28 PM
wolfstrice09

Couldn't find the "Official" RX-7 thread but feel free to critique or post more RX-7s up here...
February 24, 2011 @ 05:42 AM
Molly Wopp

I love FD's, Nice. cool
February 24, 2011 @ 11:52 AM
wolfstrice09

I dont add any oil when I fuel up but I change the oil regularly every 1500 miles... It gets expensive but I'm sure anyone who knows anything about rotary engines or anyone who has had one knows that the money you spend in upkeep/care of the care is well worth it! I've owned three (first was the R1 model, second and this one were/are the touring). Reason I had to get this one is cause I blew the last motor, with the help of my buddy... It was parted out and pretty much paid for this one and a couple of the mods! In terms of how much I spent on this... I bought the car itself for $12,500 from some dude in Seattle, WA who basically didn't know what he had! Only has a lil over 30k miles. I'm sure you'll understand if I cant rattle off all the mods but I got the engine completely rebuilt and a ton of ceramic coating on the exhaust and intake (you can never do too much of that). Ceramic rotors, 3mm apex seals. Vacuum lines. JDM turbos. 1300 injectors. Greddy intercooler, e-Manage, and turbo timer. You saw the Koyo Radiator. Built driveshaft. Built Tranny. Lightweight fly wheel and a short throw shifter, (lightweight fly wheel is tough to get used to but getting much better). PIAA wheels. Steel braided brake lines throughout. Thats really all I can think of right now though. I know theres more but until I actually look at my engine and go through the "check list" I wont be able to remember em all.
February 24, 2011 @ 08:42 PM
.eoJ

nice
February 24, 2011 @ 11:43 PM
MaliciousInten

Fuck that junk 13b do a LSx swap.
February 24, 2011 @ 11:44 PM
wolfstrice09

no thanks I dont want my RX-7 to be slow cool
February 25, 2011 @ 01:30 AM
MaliciousInten

lol an LSx will rape a 13b or 20b. Way more power under the curve, weights only 60 lbs more, and way more reliable it's clearly no contest.
February 25, 2011 @ 01:53 AM
buffaloclone

Get new headlights du

http://dogfart69.tumblr.com/ follow ya boi, its pretty much all puppies and babes

February 25, 2011 @ 02:46 AM
wolfstrice09

Melicious: I thought you were saying an LS1... Fuckin slow, my car has beat the shit out of an LS1 RX-7 not but two weeks ago, I'm not familiar with an LSx. I do feel confident putting my RX-7 up against almost anything since I've beat many exotic cars including Dodge Viper, Lambo Mercialago, two different Ferraris (not familiar with their models), Porsches, Corvettes (which are the car with the LS1) EVOs and a stage 3 S4. All were on the track however the Viper, Vettes and the Lambo were straight up races from a dig. Not really afraid to get into a race... oh and beat some dude with a Supra (said it was 910whp but I doubt it was).

Get new headlights du

Please kindly dont tell me to get projectors... If you are going to suggest lazy eye mod I will hear you out but GTFO with projectors I hate them!

Edit: just googled an LSx and it aint got shit same thing as the LS1 RX-7 I stomped on... Its a V8 cow and I have beaten plenty of them! More reliable as a DD yes however this car is not my DD and anyone who has ever owned a rotary knows how to take care of them and do proper maintenance to ensure that it is reliable...
February 25, 2011 @ 07:14 AM
ahhhrt

99spec front plz & ty.
February 25, 2011 @ 02:25 PM
wolfstrice09

i just found a veyron on ebay for 89000 bucks. see you and your rx 7 soon. you'll be looking at my tail lights the whole time.

haha well thats just rediculous... I would do it just to see how amazingly fast the Veyron is...

And Ahhhrt I'm kind of a traditionalist and I like this body style... Not really a fan of the 99 however the one exception to that body style is the Spirit R...
February 25, 2011 @ 03:57 PM
ahhhrt

Get a lip on that bad boy then.
February 25, 2011 @ 04:43 PM
wolfstrice09

I'm looking and for some reason I cant stand the lip that came from the R1 and R2 so as soon as I find one that I like I'll keep the stock one on here... haha I really want to see a Spirit R

Popeye... I think that you had a typo on the horsepower of a Veyron... it only has 140hp? I hope not. Oh and another thing... That Bugatti must be totaled to only be $89k considering the going rate of a Bugatti Veyron is $900k
February 25, 2011 @ 05:23 PM
MaliciousInten

Melicious: I thought you were saying an LS1... Fuckin slow, my car has beat the shit out of an LS1 RX-7 not but two weeks ago, I'm not familiar with an LSx. I do feel confident putting my RX-7 up against almost anything since I've beat many exotic cars including Dodge Viper, Lambo Mercialago, two different Ferraris (not familiar with their models), Porsches, Corvettes (which are the car with the LS1) EVOs and a stage 3 S4. All were on the track however the Viper, Vettes and the Lambo were straight up races from a dig. Not really afraid to get into a race... oh and beat some dude with a Supra (said it was 910whp but I doubt it was).

Please kindly dont tell me to get projectors... If you are going to suggest lazy eye mod I will hear you out but GTFO with projectors I hate them!

Edit: just googled an LSx and it aint got shit same thing as the LS1 RX-7 I stomped on... Its a V8 cow and I have beaten plenty of them! More reliable as a DD yes however this car is not my DD and anyone who has ever owned a rotary knows how to take care of them and do proper maintenance to ensure that it is reliable...

You really don't know shit do you? You completely fail to equate the biggest variable in racing driver error. Any dumbass with a lambo will stomp the shit out of a stock turbo rx7 with a half competent driver. Wankle's by design are not reliable at all and there completely torqueless. When I say LSx I mean engines in the LS family. An LS series engine will crack out 600 HP with pretty mild builds.
February 25, 2011 @ 06:13 PM
StrictlyDMND

You really don't know shit do you? You completely fail to equate the biggest variable in racing driver error. Any dumbass with a lambo will stomp the shit out of a stock turbo rx7 with a half competent driver. Wankle's by design are not reliable at all and there completely torqueless. When I say LSx I mean engines in the LS family. An LS series engine will crack out 600 HP with pretty mild builds.

Let him be haha, he's already happy with the engine in his car.

props on the whip though.
Also a 99Spec front would also be WET. &) Jussayin
February 25, 2011 @ 08:46 PM
wxyz

rotary will last long if you know how to take care of it. dont let it over heat... ever, premix 1:1, be ON TOP of maintenance.
dont be a over all car retard.

hopefully you only buy authentic parts for your FD?

plans to slam it and put wheels on it or what? also 99 and up spec lights or whatever look really good.
February 25, 2011 @ 11:28 PM
TALIBAN

Always loved FDs. fucking swag
February 26, 2011 @ 12:22 AM
abrok99

beautiful car man. and props for not going V8
February 26, 2011 @ 02:04 AM
wolfstrice09

Dude what didn't you get when I mentioned I have already waisted a '93 RX-7 with an LS1... I raped it off the line and finished ahead of him a good four or five car lengths... He had a tad bit of top end power but nonetheless, He got raped my built 13b.

Wankle's are EXTREMELY reliable when you have a driver who knows what the hell he is doing and puts the right amount of maintenance towards his car. I know what I am doing and I know how to make these things a DD. Rotary engine is very simpe being that it only has three moving parts compared to any other V6, V8, inline four that has over 2,000. The problem with Rotaries is that they are extrememly touchy. If you add anything to it you better tune your engine to that part since the stock setup is only supposed to handle all the stock parts... If you put an exhaust on it you better tune your motor! If you know what your doing its a very reliable car... If you dont know what your doing you put a V8 in em...

Popeye: That is the funniest thing I have ever heard of!!

And everyone who backed me up for the rotary thanks... Oh and I'm trying to find someone who could cut a solid hole for the 99 spec turn signal lights...
February 26, 2011 @ 06:29 AM
MaliciousInten

Dude what didn't you get when I mentioned I have already waisted a '93 RX-7 with an LS1... I raped it off the line and finished ahead of him a good four or five car lengths... He had a tad bit of top end power but nonetheless, He got raped my built 13b.

Wankle's are EXTREMELY reliable when you have a driver who knows what the hell he is doing and puts the right amount of maintenance towards his car. I know what I am doing and I know how to make these things a DD. Rotary engine is very simpe being that it only has three moving parts compared to any other V6, V8, inline four that has over 2,000. The problem with Rotaries is that they are extrememly touchy. If you add anything to it you better tune your engine to that part since the stock setup is only supposed to handle all the stock parts... If you put an exhaust on it you better tune your motor! If you know what your doing its a very reliable car... If you dont know what your doing you put a V8 in em...

Popeye: That is the funniest thing I have ever heard of!!

And everyone who backed me up for the rotary thanks... Oh and I'm trying to find someone who could cut a solid hole for the 99 spec turn signal lights...

Apparently you're having trouble comprehending what I said before. Driving error is the biggest variable in racing. If driver X is a competent driver and driver Y is a relatively poor driver. That does not necessarily mean car X is faster then car Y. Don't get me wrong I do not hate rotary's I think there a decent design. But I do not see them as practical in high performance applications. I can agree that rotary's can be reliable but when adding forced induction into the mix detonation is most likely going to result in catastrophic engine failure.
February 26, 2011 @ 01:58 PM
ahhhrt

Apparently you're having trouble comprehending what I said before. Driving error is the biggest variable in racing. If driver X is a competent driver and driver Y is a relatively poor driver. That does not necessarily mean car X is faster then car Y. Don't get me wrong I do not hate rotary's I think there a decent design. But I do not see them as practical in high performance applications. I can agree that rotary's can be reliable but when adding forced induction into the mix detonation is most likely going to result in catastrophic engine failure.

Wankle's by design are not reliable at all and there completely torqueless.

Wait wut?

Sorry, but in high performance applications motors are rebuilt after every race. Wankels are just weak against detonation, anyone with rotary experience can tell you this, which is why 99% of the community airs on the side of caution and does everything in their power to stop that.

As per the torqueless comment? Take a look at the power bands between a highly tuned V6/V8 and compare the torque curve to a 13B. Notice how flat the rotary's is in comparison.
February 26, 2011 @ 02:34 PM
wolfstrice09

Wait wut?

Sorry, but in high performance applications motors are rebuilt after every race. Wankels are just weak against detonation, anyone with rotary experience can tell you this, which is why 99% of the community airs on the side of caution and does everything in their power to stop that.

As per the torqueless comment? Take a look at the power bands between a highly tuned V6/V8 and compare the torque curve to a 13B. Notice how flat the rotary's is in comparison.

Thank you! You have to know what your doing with a rotary!

Malicious this has to stop... The guy I raced with the LS1 RX-7 was the guy who tuned my car... He has owned more RX-7 than I have ever heard of one person owning 14. He used to take them to the track and race them... the ones he raced had a 20b and he never lost. He asked me if I wanted to take a run at his car talking like he would win... We went down the street from his shop and ran the 1/4 mile and like I said I raped him off the line and finished ahead by four or 5 car lengths... He is an experienced driver so he should have won right? According to your argument he should have killed me but he didnt. If anything the driver error should have come from my side but it didn't so stop saying that the V8 is faster than my 13b... Hell when I bought my first one when I was 18 I raced a dude with a Vette C6 and he didn't stand a chance against my STOCK RX-7 so just imagine people who build them!
February 26, 2011 @ 11:52 PM
MaliciousInten

Wait wut?

This is a graph of a half bridge port 13b, notice how barely making 100ft/lbs at 3k rpm.

LS2 H/C notice even at around 1.5k rpm this engine is already making %80 its rated torque. The point I'm making is I do not care how you cut it the LS2 is far superior motor any way you cut it. The small block chevy has been around since the mid fifty's and its essentially unchanged.
February 27, 2011 @ 12:28 AM
Cybrax2

NICE 20" CHROME RIMZZ YOOO.

Lower it
February 27, 2011 @ 04:53 AM
wolfstrice09

dude I really dont think you understand that my 13b is NOT stock!! Also the largest flaw in your last post is that 13b dyno run is of an FC not an FD like mine is... I have beat plenty of notable cars with a V8 and they are slow as hell in comparison... I cant wait to post my dyno run to shut you up. Your also forgetting to factor in the weight of the engine/car... plays a huge factor, V8s are fat and heavy and they need that extra power to haul that fat ass car... HA I'm not putting a V8 into my car end of story.

Edit: Cybrax they are only 19" sad and it sits much lower with the stock wheels on there...
February 27, 2011 @ 12:25 PM
ⓜⓘⓝⓓⓔⓡⓐⓢⓔⓡ

LSXs aren't heavy compared to other V8s, just saying

but still heavier than whats in your car

Lil JoJo : i really want rizal! 13:10

February 27, 2011 @ 04:41 PM
wolfstrice09

yeah I'm just ranting... I looked up the weights after I wrote that comment and noticed they weren't as heavy as other V8s like you said... nonetheless my argument still stands. I'm happy with my 500+hp 13b (thats after the single turbo conversion... It made 479whp with the TT)
February 27, 2011 @ 05:35 PM
ⓜⓘⓝⓓⓔⓡⓐⓢⓔⓡ

yea I understand, personally I would put an LSx in it but thats because I like LSx conversions.

but your car is sweet and is nicely done

Lil JoJo : i really want rizal! 13:10

February 28, 2011 @ 04:10 PM
ahhhrt

How about we compare apples to apples then? Find me a "torqueless" 20B or 26B dyno chart.

What I think most people fail to realize is just how much more money has gone into R&D of a piston engine over a rotary.

Please login first to reply.