December 12, 2010 @ 02:20 PM
araw at bituin

dope cool

it come with any mods?

http://instagram.com/qyel

December 12, 2010 @ 06:29 PM
MaliciousInten

Congratulations, not to rain on your parade but you could have gotten a nice Evolution 8 for that kinda money.
January 5, 2011 @ 11:04 PM
W33ZY

might cop a regular 05 mazda 3 hatch. 81,000 miles, no problems.. for $7,000

only problem is that it's that burnt orange color..
January 6, 2011 @ 06:24 PM
araw at bituin

might cop a regular 05 mazda 3 hatch. 81,000 miles, no problems.. for $7,000

only problem is that it's that burnt orange color..

sounds like a good deal. you could always get it painted lol

January 17, 2011 @ 05:42 PM
W33ZY

got a carbon gray mazda 3 hatch instead $8900. Anyone know the best/affordable option for an iPod connection? It looks like it would be tought to put a whole new deck in..
January 17, 2011 @ 09:38 PM
araw at bituin

got a carbon gray mazda 3 hatch instead $8900. Anyone know the best/affordable option for an iPod connection? It looks like it would be tought to put a whole new deck in..

it's seriously ridiculously easy. just remove the interior dash panel, remove the two screws, unplug everything, and pull out the stock deck. especially on the 3. i've installed several decks on a mazda 3. the hardest part is crimping the wires for the deck. just look it up on mazda3forums if you wanna do it yourself.

if you don't wanna get a deck, one of those monster ipod connection things will do.

January 18, 2011 @ 01:09 AM
W33ZY

thanks a lot man. I've kinda been looking around the forums but haven't found much pictures for it. Like the installation process and all that. If you have a link for that it would be much appreciated but i'll keep looking. I might just take it to the store to do it. idk

edit: I found this but its for an auxmod, but it shows how to take out the deck..

www.flickr.com/photos/jbhenry/sets/1373983/
January 18, 2011 @ 04:21 PM
MaliciousInten

I had a completely stripped 07 mazda 3 and it came w/ an aux input jack. What year is your mazda 3.
January 18, 2011 @ 04:34 PM
W33ZY

January 18, 2011 @ 05:09 PM
araw at bituin

I had a completely stripped 07 mazda 3 and it came w/ an aux input jack. What year is your mazda 3.

07+ come with aux.

January 19, 2011 @ 12:31 AM
bRyyy

Opinion on Magnaflow CBE? Thinking about ordering one this week.
January 19, 2011 @ 06:46 PM
W33ZY

That's what I was about to ask. One of the best exhaust systems for it. For me it would be a future reference.. but I was reading the reviews on the magnaflow CBE and it seems pretty good. Good sound and pretty cheap. Let me know if you guys have anything..
January 19, 2011 @ 08:35 PM
araw at bituin

Opinion on Magnaflow CBE? Thinking about ordering one this week.

if you want it for the sound, go for it. if you want actual performance gains, save your money. the magnaflow sounds pretty nice though. i have the hks cbe and its quiet as hell, which was kinda disappointing haha.

January 21, 2011 @ 12:11 AM
bRyyy

if you want it for the sound, go for it. if you want actual performance gains, save your money. the magnaflow sounds pretty nice though. i have the hks cbe and its quiet as hell, which was kinda disappointing haha.

That's what I'm going for. As far as performance gains/mods only thing I'm gonna do is exhaust and intake. Planning to go with an SRI. I was looking at the HKS but that's out of my range and the ebay replica of it that's $200, SR*S. But I don't want to fck with ebay parts lol. After that, suspension will be next.
January 21, 2011 @ 12:27 AM
araw at bituin

That's what I'm going for. As far as performance gains/mods only thing I'm gonna do is exhaust and intake. Planning to go with an SRI. I was looking at the HKS but that's out of my range and the ebay replica of it that's $200, SR*S. But I don't want to fck with ebay parts lol. After that, suspension will be next.

yeah, my ms cai trips balls when it rains. but that might be because i have no fender liner too. i got my hks cbe for $300 and it was only used for a couple months. might wanna check out craigslist or local forums for good deals. you might wanna get a rear engine mount too, the stock ones are notorious for breaking on these cars. any other mods planned?

check out streetunit.com for the motor mount

January 21, 2011 @ 12:28 PM
bRyyy

yeah, my ms cai trips balls when it rains. but that might be because i have no fender liner too. i got my hks cbe for $300 and it was only used for a couple months. might wanna check out craigslist or local forums for good deals. you might wanna get a rear engine mount too, the stock ones are notorious for breaking on these cars. any other mods planned?

check out streetunit.com for the motor mount

Just googled what a rear motor mount does lol. I've just been reading that some people find that cabin noise got louder. As far as planned mods. Most likely will get a tint next. Thinking 50% front 35% rear. I want to get the CP-E towplate but idk if I want to drop 90bucks on it lol. Think I mentioned this last time but for suspension I want to go with BC coilovers but that wont happen until I find a job -.- Then 18in wheels and wider tires and I'll be gooooood.
Ordered the Magnaflow cbe yesterday morning from therpmstore cool. Tracking says it will be here on Wednesday. I hope the tone and loudness of it is what I'm looking for based off youtube videos I watched aha.
January 21, 2011 @ 07:16 PM
W33ZY

I'll post some pictures of mine tomorrow. Just got my wisdom teeth out so i've been chillin. The first mods I'm thinking of doing are hyper yellow fog lights, painting the emblems and stock wheels flat black. Those are pretty much the cheapest/easiest mods to do right away..but i definitely need to put a deck in first..
January 22, 2011 @ 04:30 AM
araw at bituin

Just googled what a rear motor mount does lol. I've just been reading that some people find that cabin noise got louder. As far as planned mods. Most likely will get a tint next. Thinking 50% front 35% rear. I want to get the CP-E towplate but idk if I want to drop 90bucks on it lol. Think I mentioned this last time but for suspension I want to go with BC coilovers but that wont happen until I find a job -.- Then 18in wheels and wider tires and I'll be gooooood.
Ordered the Magnaflow cbe yesterday morning from therpmstore cool. Tracking says it will be here on Wednesday. I hope the tone and loudness of it is what I'm looking for based off youtube videos I watched aha.

yeah, the vibrations get louder depending on how stiff the motor mount you get is. but you'll forget about it in a week. i would go darker with the tint, unless you're worried about getting a ticket. mine came stock with 50/35 and i wanna go 10% all around. the towplate is kinda expensive but since you live in ca and the front plate is necessary, i'd go for it. have fun with that cbe cool

I'll post some pictures of mine tomorrow. Just got my wisdom teeth out so i've been chillin. The first mods I'm thinking of doing are hyper yellow fog lights, painting the emblems and stock wheels flat black. Those are pretty much the cheapest/easiest mods to do right away..but i definitely need to put a deck in first..

i got hyper yellow fogs and they blew out after a couple months. just cop 3000K HID's, they're plug and play anyways. and lamin-x yellow fog overlays.

you should both pull your side molding off too if it's not already off. makes the car look way better and it's free smile

January 22, 2011 @ 12:31 PM
W33ZY

Yah I just saw your car with Lamin X and decided to get some.

cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Foglight-3000K-Yellow-H11-55w-Xenon-Gas-HID-Light-Bulb-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2c5a2a53d1QQitemZ190491284433QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Are these good? Or just get regular HID's with the yellow Lamin X? I'm gonna get a heavy duty wiring harness so my shit doesn't burn.

I'm kinda scared to pull off my side molding only to have marks that won't go away and have it look bad..

I saw you had your emblems painted to, did you do that yourself?
January 22, 2011 @ 01:18 PM
bRyyy

Yah I just saw your car with Lamin X and decided to get some.

cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Foglight-3000K-Yellow-H11-55w-Xenon-Gas-HID-Light-Bulb-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2c5a2a53d1QQitemZ190491284433QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Are these good? Or just get regular HID's with the yellow Lamin X? I'm gonna get a heavy duty wiring harness so my shit doesn't burn.

I'm kinda scared to pull off my side molding only to have marks that won't go away and have it look bad..

I saw you had your emblems painted to, did you do that yourself?

I think those are just bulbs no unless that's what you mean? HIDs have their own harness. Most people on a forum I go on use DDM Tuning. I believe an HID kit there is $30 or under. So it's not that expensive. For just yellow bulbs I use to have Luminics but driver side bulb went out after just a couple 1000miles and they cost around $27 shipped? So I don't know about that ebay brand.

I doubt you'll have marks. Just heat them up a bit and use floss or some string to get between it and the car then slowly peel em off. It uses double sided tape so you might have shit left over but goo gone can fix that. Give it some waxand you'll be good.

Emblems are another good inexpensive mod too. I believe on the 2004 the rear Mazda emblem is just held by glue and the flying M has two pins and the front emblem has tabs.
January 22, 2011 @ 01:30 PM
W33ZY

So just get this?

www.ddmtuning.com/Products/Apexcone-Raptor-HID-Kit

if i get that it comes with everything i need? (I'm just doing my fog lights for now)
so i don't need a heavy duty wiring harness or anything?
January 22, 2011 @ 02:28 PM
bRyyy

So just get this?

www.ddmtuning.com/Products/Apexcone-Raptor-HID-Kit

if i get that it comes with everything i need? (I'm just doing my fog lights for now)
so i don't need a heavy duty wiring harness or anything?

Yeah just select the right bulb and everything. and nope
January 22, 2011 @ 02:43 PM
araw at bituin

yeah, that ebay link is just the bulb. just cop the ddmtuning one and you can pick the temp/ bulb number and it comes with the harness.

i painted my emblems myself. i've done it like 6+ times on my friends and brothers 3's too. just be careful when removing them and take your time when painting them. i did > bleach soak for a couple days > sand > paint base coat [3] > clear coat [2]. they held up for 3 years but they're starting to fade and i gotta redo em now sad

January 22, 2011 @ 03:13 PM
W33ZY

Ok last question.. Do i need to add on any of these?

HID Harness
Error Code Eliminator
Adaptor cables
Mounting Brackets
January 22, 2011 @ 03:30 PM
araw at bituin

Ok last question.. Do i need to add on any of these?

HID Harness
Error Code Eliminator
Adaptor cables
Mounting Brackets

no, some of em just make it easier to install. although the install is already very simple.

January 22, 2011 @ 04:08 PM
W33ZY

appreciate it man. Here's some pics.. Only thing on it is tint and idk how much % it is. It came on it..

January 22, 2011 @ 04:14 PM
W33ZY

Appreciate it man.. Here's some pics.. Only thing on it is tint and idk how much % it is. It came with it.

January 22, 2011 @ 04:23 PM
W33ZY

January 23, 2011 @ 03:02 PM
araw at bituin

nice. looks likes 35 front/ 20 rears. id change that whip antenna first. either chop it, get a stubby, or get a sharkfin.

January 23, 2011 @ 03:26 PM
bRyyy

Yo araw, did you install your HKS cbe yourself or did you have a shop do it? I got some high priced quotes from three local shops but they were going by labor rates. Was wondering what you think a good price is if you had a shop do it. I don't have a jack and stands but I can get some from a friend and I'll probably rent a tailpipe cutter if I can't find a good price and decide to do it myself.

Please login first to reply.