Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
November 23, 2010 @ 03:19 PM
Juki

I know its a bad idea but has anyone had any good experiences doing this? or any good advice? You can save thousands if you do it right

Doubleclutchhoops.com

November 23, 2010 @ 04:07 PM
ahhhrt

Realistically, as little structural damage as possible, and make sure it has a straight frame. Listen for any clunks or strange noises. Other than that, as long as everything checks out why not?
November 23, 2010 @ 06:30 PM
unknown force.

are you buying the car before its been fixed? that would be the only way i would really feel comfortable buying a salvage title, if i can do the fixing myself.

i was looking at a vw jetta from a guy that said it was salvage title, he tried to tell me it was all taken care of and everything at a shop that hes friends with the guy. then he said it clicks when you turn the steering wheel or something i'm like na i'm alright
November 23, 2010 @ 10:54 PM
Koven

Nope, Im not Armenian.

all I do is sip espressos and listen to AZ -mrelllis.tumblr.com

November 23, 2010 @ 11:29 PM
knee czar

Nope, Im not Armenian.

hahaha

but nah real talk, youll never get any cash outta it,if you just want a pos beater, go for it.
November 23, 2010 @ 11:31 PM
BomberPro

I got a salvage title. I got it from a small dealer, they showed me pictures of all the work that was done on it, and i even had a shop check it out for me and it was all good. Salvage is just something most people pass up because they are afraid of the word/dont really know what it means. Salvage cars are usually a good deal.
November 23, 2010 @ 11:54 PM
Juki

yea, I guess it all depends on who did the work and if they have documentation. I assume most cars with a salvage title has some serious work done but will never be close to how it came out the factory. I remeber my mom got in a car accident and had alot of work done to her car and when she got it back, it looked perfect but something felt different when I drove it, not to mention the passenger window wouldn't roll down 2 days later.

Doubleclutchhoops.com

November 24, 2010 @ 10:19 PM
shishido

would not fuck around with salvage titles o_o
November 26, 2010 @ 11:13 PM
bboynoodles

i have, not worth it. bad re-sale
December 1, 2010 @ 04:02 AM
naRipsta

My 95 Civic sedan was a salvage titled car, used it as a beater, no problems with it. Everything was straight, only thing was, my insurance didn't want to put full coverage on it. (My mom wants me to have full everything lol).

Also had a salvage title 95 Integra GSR, nothing wrong with it. Only got that title due to theft, which was only interior stuff that the previous owner replaced.
December 1, 2010 @ 09:03 AM
ahhhrt

are you buying the car before its been fixed? that would be the only way i would really feel comfortable buying a salvage title, if i can do the fixing myself.

i was looking at a vw jetta from a guy that said it was salvage title, he tried to tell me it was all taken care of and everything at a shop that hes friends with the guy. then he said it clicks when you turn the steering wheel or something i'm like na i'm alright

That click is the driveshaft IIRC, common problem. Nothing too concerning.
December 1, 2010 @ 11:53 AM
Trollinator

I don't faux with em.

Buy it clean, maybe reconstructed at least

I want to see the world burn

December 1, 2010 @ 01:53 PM
jordanfeindz90

salvage as in still salvage?
or ready for inspection?

-if still crashed, you pretty much know what your gettin into.
buy the car repair keep all recipts and take pictures step by step.
-is the car is ready for inspection. make sure the owner has all recipts to the parts he put on the car
has pictures, and make sure the car is indeed ready to pass inspection. (safety check, brakes, no lights on, airbags still good, head lights work, everything must look like its factory on the car to pass)

but its not a bad idea you save allot of money in the long run if your keeping the car and not tryna resell.
December 12, 2010 @ 10:29 PM
MaliciousInten

Hell naw i'd never buy a car with a salvage title. Maybe if the frame was undamaged and I just wanted a roller for a project car.
December 27, 2010 @ 01:53 AM
KTB Brand

salvage titles are risky since you're not sure of the condition of the frame. if you fixed up a salvaged car then it should be fine. only problem is resale and getting insurance. i had a salvage title and i could only get liability on it.

KushTastesBetter @TIMxKTB http://www.ktbbrand.com

December 27, 2010 @ 12:30 PM
The Main Event

I wouldn't unless it's just gonna be a cheap beater that you are gonna run into the ground. They have no resale value and usually have many odd quirks after being repaired.
January 3, 2011 @ 12:03 PM
Resco

i own a salvage. Was going to use it as a beater but I got attached to it. Will never sell it. =(
January 4, 2011 @ 07:38 PM
indigoroots

Just bring a mechanic along with you to check theres no major problems
January 6, 2011 @ 10:26 PM
original123kid

its definitely a hit or miss with salvage title cars. you really have to do your hw and know whats fixable and what isnt, what will give you a headache and what will be easy. i had a friend who picked up a rsx through salvage. he picked it up because he felt it was an easy fix for him. just front end damage, one side bent control arm, needed a need paint job, and needed a hatch.
February 14, 2011 @ 02:31 PM
noobedloser

i am curious too because i know someone who bought a car with salvage title for $800, then i saw a brand new 3.28i with a salvage title on ebay lol

Please login first to reply.