Everything Volkswagen

August 11, 2012 @ 20:36:04
The Golf R is a sad, sad car.. It suffers major engine failure (the failure was when VW decided to put a 4 pot in it instead of a 6 cylinder)

To answer your question: People like older VW's because they know how to wrench and fix their own cars. It's labor of love. And you heard wrong. Car's are as garbage as the owner's who take care / don't take care of them.

Who did you hear that from? From a Scion owner?

My mechanic teacher said the same thing lol he was like why does everyone like mark 4s and stuff they are price of junk cars and he has been a mechanic for like 50 years lol
August 12, 2012 @ 02:34:51
Guess what, your teacher is human. Humans make errors in judgement. Supposing that he's basing statements from experience, did it ever occur to him, or you that those "junk" MK4s were poorly maintained, female owned (not sexist, but MOST females know nothing about car maintenance), or beaten to death?

Another thing to add: Your mechanic has been wrenching for 50 years? That makes him 70+?
MOST (not all) older folks have brand loyalty and prefer American cars over foreign. You wanna bash a brand or product? That's fine, but at least know WTF you're talking about.

Your mechanic is entitled to his opinions, I have a right to tell him how stupid his opinions are.

This post is hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

August 13, 2012 @ 18:25:14
What are some good Volkswagon (specifically Golf,GTI,and Rabbit) forums that I can check out?
August 13, 2012 @ 20:11:20
What are some good Volkswagon (specifically Golf,GTI,and Rabbit) forums that I can check out?

vwvortex...smokeyface
August 13, 2012 @ 20:54:44
Lurking through the thread and have yet to see a single Beetle, this cant be real life.

Run away from the land of Sodom and Gomorrah, the land of the sinking sand

August 14, 2012 @ 03:46:08

vwvortex...smokeyface

This!!!
August 14, 2012 @ 03:59:24
Originally posted by Inactive User
Lurking through the thread and have yet to see a single Beetle, this cant be real life.

August 14, 2012 @ 15:32:15

vwvortex...smokeyface

Thanks man. Whats a good/easy project car that I can get started? Very Interested in the MK1 and 2s.
August 15, 2012 @ 07:11:57
Any mk5 R32 owners?

wsup den

August 15, 2012 @ 18:07:59
Originally posted by Inactive User

Now thats more like it smokeyface

Run away from the land of Sodom and Gomorrah, the land of the sinking sand

August 16, 2012 @ 03:40:31
@cursed-assassi thought you'd like that. I love all VW's air or water cooled.
August 16, 2012 @ 03:45:31

vwvortex...smokeyface

Thanks man. Whats a good/easy project car that I can get started? Very Interested in the MK1 and 2s.

I would start with a MK2. That was my first VW. Easy to work on and easy to get parts for. My first car/swap was in my 86 GTi and I did a 16v swap into it. Then years later I did a VR swap in my 91 GTi, that was a fun one. People dis VR's into MK2's but I think there the best combo ever!! VR6's are my favorite motors/swap by far. Hope this helps, if you have anymoe ?? 's feel free to hit me up.

David
August 16, 2012 @ 13:45:48
vwvortex...smokeyface

I would start with a MK2. That was my first VW. Easy to work on and easy to get parts for. My first car/swap was in my 86 GTi and I did a 16v swap into it. Then years later I did a VR swap in my 91 GTi, that was a fun one. People dis VR's into MK2's but I think there the best combo ever!! VR6's are my favorite motors/swap by far. Hope this helps, if you have anymoe ?? 's feel free to hit me up.

David

Thanks bro,Checking Craigslist now.
August 16, 2012 @ 21:25:38
Nice!! Hope you find something!! Let me know.
August 19, 2012 @ 21:05:09

September 04, 2012 @ 04:29:00

My MKV
September 04, 2012 @ 04:38:14
^ Niiice
Please login first to reply.
x