October 8, 2010 @ 02:38 PM
phazy

Looking to purchase a 60s-70s classic muscle. Preferably a challenger or chevelle ss some short time in the future. Anyone with similar year mopars, muscles share some insight on classic insurance and the coverage?
October 8, 2010 @ 04:43 PM
ClydeFrazier

my buddy had a 64.5 mustang

my advice, don't get one as a dd

i'll find out insurance rates from him though

Melo Gang All Day

October 13, 2010 @ 09:17 PM
Nati boi

My father has a 68' Plymouth Road Runner. I drove it as a daily over the summer whenever I took my truck apart. Has never seen rain since restoration, though. If you get a Mopar get ready to spend $$$$$$. They are coming down in price over the past few years but if you got them before the huge jump in prices they are pretty good investments. Just in my 408(360 magnum based) small block I have just a hair over $10K in it, even doing the labor myself. With Mopars, you have to pay to play!

It's insured for 180 days on the road. The best thing is in Ohio, not sure about you, the historical plates are good for 50 years and only $50 for the $50 years. That's silly cheap and the insurance is fairly cheap also. I'm unsure of the individual cost as he has multiple cars on his plan.

Water is the enemy of older cars. I said it's never seen rain but it also has never seen any water, from a hose etc. Just wax and clay bars. Rust is not fun.
November 8, 2010 @ 02:47 PM
Nemo7

Classics are not meant for DD maybe just as a weekend car or a hobby to continue to fix I would love to have one but they cost a lot of $$$ to maintain and to buy

Please login first to reply.