Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
March 7, 2010 @ 10:04 PM
daemcee

say like i am importing a car to canada/us from japan. approximately how long would it take for the car to arrive?
March 7, 2010 @ 10:22 PM
STI Guy

is the car legal in north america?
March 7, 2010 @ 10:27 PM
'Ryuji'

Depends, it can take up to a month if you reside in Canada. The car would have to be 15 years old to import it.

As for US, not sure, but I heard it's hard to import cars to the US.
March 8, 2010 @ 11:39 AM
ahhhrt

What exactly do you mean by "how long"?

That all depends on how fast the boat is. < lol.

If you mean how to get it done, this link should help you. google is your friend.
http://www.riv.ca/ImportingAVehicle.aspx
March 8, 2010 @ 03:34 PM
tre

Nissan R33 Skyline is technically a federalized car according to paper work sorted from Motor-X who use to import Skylines.

I hear if you import a car into michigan. You can get a goat registered there. So I think thats your best bet.

Just because its legal in canada does not mean its legal in the US.

I've seen many many cars impounded because of it.
March 8, 2010 @ 04:01 PM
daemcee

dont know much about US. i am from caanda aha. thanks for much infos guys
March 8, 2010 @ 04:16 PM
The Main Event

It would greatly depend on what you are importing, but chances are it will not meet the DOT standards. You can import a car temporarily, I believe for a year at a time, as race/show car, but it will not be street legal. You can import any car, regardless of it meeting standards or not, if it is 25 years old, thus being allowed under the historical car provision. You can also import any vehicle for personal use by a nonresident, but this cannot exceed one year.
March 9, 2010 @ 10:15 PM
ahhhrt

Just to set this straight, it would be a Canadian thread, thus we are adhering to Canadian rules. Please refer to the website I posted earlier. There are however a couple of loopholes, but I won't get into that.

Please login first to reply.