Enjoy an Additional 10% Off on All Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA10
March 7, 2010 @ 07:50 PM
fistyourbitch

Has anyone had any experience with this program? What's the difference between the bmw select program and a least/finance? I'm planning to purchase a BMW, not sure which yet(Shooting for an M3 or 335xi) Just trying to get the cheapest monthly rate I can get. I'm planning to put around 10k for a down payment.
March 9, 2010 @ 05:06 AM
Koven

Has anyone had any experience with this program? What's the difference between the bmw select program and a least/finance? I'm planning to purchase a BMW, not sure which yet(Shooting for an M3 or 335xi) Just trying to get the cheapest monthly rate I can get. I'm planning to put around 10k for a down payment.

Dont put a high downpayment on a lease. What if you get in an accident the day you take it off the lot, you lose that 10k.

Put the minimum down and just put the extra money in an interest yielding back account.

all I do is sip espressos and listen to AZ -mrelllis.tumblr.com

March 9, 2010 @ 03:12 PM
why?wolf

^this but honestly leasing a car is stupid, you just end up losing money in the end. I know the same can be said for depreciation and all that but if you cant buy a car new pick a different car. I know some will say well what happens if you want to get a new car every couple of years? well fine then do you, but just know that you're only losing money by leasing a car. Im just happy you're considering a BMW, im so sick of japanese luxury brands because they are just rebadged versions of the same car their cheaper company sells. so thanks for being smart and not buying a G35 just because its and infiniti when you could just buy a z. My friends girl bought a g37x and everytime I see it I laugh because its a fucking rebadged z that she paid wayyy too much for at least with the germans you are getting an original model.
March 9, 2010 @ 08:36 PM
Koven

^^ good shit.

My 3 series was 60k brand new and I got it for less then half that off lease. It's always smarter to buy 1 to 2 years old. It only makes sense to lease Luxury cars unless you can write off payments, otherwise ur just throwing money away.

March 9, 2010 @ 08:36 PM
STI Guy

Dont put a high downpayment on a lease. What if you get in an accident the day you take it off the lot, you lose that 10k.

Put the minimum down and just put the extra money in an interest yielding back account.

im not sure how car insurance payouts work. but if he bought full coverage then wont he be safe from losing the 10k?
March 9, 2010 @ 08:41 PM
Koven

im not sure how car insurance payouts work. but if he bought full coverage then wont he be safe from losing the 10k?

Nope, that money belongs to BMW, and if you write your car off the insurance pays the dealership. They might give you a deal in good faith if you lease a new car though.

March 9, 2010 @ 08:42 PM
ETW

I'm planning to put around 10k for a down payment.

noooooooooooo.

anyways, check swapalease.com first to get an idea. you can also find lots of people trying to exit their leases on m3post
March 16, 2010 @ 03:56 PM
Clothes_addict

^this but honestly leasing a car is stupid, you just end up losing money in the end. I know the same can be said for depreciation and all that but if you cant buy a car new pick a different car. I know some will say well what happens if you want to get a new car every couple of years? well fine then do you, but just know that you're only losing money by leasing a car. Im just happy you're considering a BMW, im so sick of japanese luxury brands because they are just rebadged versions of the same car their cheaper company sells. so thanks for being smart and not buying a G35 just because its and infiniti when you could just buy a z. My friends girl bought a g37x and everytime I see it I laugh because its a fucking rebadged z that she paid wayyy too much for at least with the germans you are getting an original model.

Leasing isn't a dumb idea at all. Think about it by the time you've had the fucking Bmw or audi or whatever for a few years the car ends up being a money pit. If you lease it you just give it back and it's their problem. Not to mention a lot of the matienence is covered by the dealership.

you'll probably want to go with teh 335xi if you want the cheaper payment
March 29, 2010 @ 04:31 PM
Jayz4Dayz

Never put a significant amount of downpayment on a lease thats crazy.. You will never get that money back, if you are leasing I suggest you to put around 2-3gs just so the monthly payment will reduce.

Please login first to reply.