Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
March 12, 2011 @ 11:32 AM
Bankai

but stock 350/370 still quicker than any stock Supra

A Supra is 330hp stock. Twin turbo.

1/4 Mile on a stock supra: 13.3@109

1/4 Mile on a stock Z: 13.7@103

0-60 A supra is faster. Braking distance? Supra has a 4 piston brake kit from the factory, it outbraked every car 60-0 until the Carrera GT. Around the track the supra is still faster than the 350z, although the 370 is slimly faster.

Any questions? The 370z is MORE comparable, but still slower(in a straight line) and not much faster on the track at all..
March 13, 2011 @ 06:03 AM
thephreak

if you're going for the TT Supra, compare it to the NISMO 350 and try again. Supra is not going to beat the nismo with it's brembos in the slalom. 1/4", or straight line time difference for both are not significant enough to even matter for track. What matters is how both handle the power/weight ratio

I look how you wanna look, I fuck like you wanna fuck, I am smart, capable and most importantly, I am free in all the ways you are not.

March 13, 2011 @ 08:10 AM
1nce*

current: 09 STi
next: c63 amg

March 13, 2011 @ 09:15 AM
ahhhrt

It's a downgrade. Put simply, the car is going to be what, 15 years old? After replacing worn components, how much are you down? 2JZ may be a bulletproof motor, but it's far from what the VQ is in terms of technology. Anyone with sense will tell you to start with the newer chassis.
March 13, 2011 @ 01:12 PM
Bankai

if you're going for the TT Supra, compare it to the NISMO 350 and try again. Supra is not going to beat the nismo with it's brembos in the slalom. 1/4", or straight line time difference for both are not significant enough to even matter for track. What matters is how both handle the power/weight ratio

Ok this is a pointless argument with someone not knowing much about cars in general. First off, why would we compare a TT Supra to a NISMO 350. Why don't we compare a "TRD" Supra to a "Nismo 350. But there isn't one, so that wouldn't be an equal comparison.

The Supra is faster on the track than the 350, the 370 will marginally beat it. Same with the nismo 350z.

1/4 mile, and straight line times do matter, and no 350 or 370 stock will be able to beat the Supra.

What do you mean it matters how both cars handle the power to weight ratio? That does not even make sense so I'm not going to bother to respond to it.

In the end, look at the resale value of the Supra and look at the resale value of the Z. There's a reason why Supras still sell for 40,000$ today.

PS.

The supra stops 60-0 in 109 ft.
The nismo stops 60-0 in 109 ft.

It's a downgrade. Put simply, the car is going to be what, 15 years old? After replacing worn components, how much are you down? 2JZ may be a bulletproof motor, but it's far from what the VQ is in terms of technology. Anyone with sense will tell you to start with the newer chassis.

It's not a downgrade. Look at the prices of Z's nowadays, you can find piece of shit ones for 6-7k, and good conditioned ones for around 11. I challenge you to find a 6spd supra for under 20,000. You won't be able to, or if you do, it'll be a complete mess.

I own a 45k mile supra, have had to replace nothing. KBB on it is 42,000, more than ANY Z NEW or USED will ever value out at.

Plus, the VQ is a closed deck engine, not designed to handle any sort of forced induction. If you want any hopes of power, you better have a big wallet.
March 13, 2011 @ 07:14 PM
ahhhrt

We're basing everything on price? Lol, typical supra owner.
March 13, 2011 @ 08:45 PM
Frostedbutts

This isn't the fast and the furious. Resale maybe, but not performance

lol

typical supra haters. You guys are so woefully ignorant I'm surprised I'm even dignifying this with a response.
March 13, 2011 @ 09:43 PM
jeanluc

plan on buying a dodge challenger when I graduate. summer 2012. white with black hood to fender stripes
March 15, 2011 @ 04:01 AM
thephreak

1/4 mile, and straight line times do matter, and no 350 or 370 stock will be able to beat the Supra.

What do you mean it matters how both cars handle the power to weight ratio? That does not even make sense so I'm not going to bother to respond to it.

In the end, look at the resale value of the Supra and look at the resale value of the Z. There's a reason why Supras still sell for 40,000$ today.

PS.

The supra stops 60-0 in 109 ft.
The nismo stops 60-0 in 109 ft.

the 1/4" and straight line are so marginal for both cars that it wont matter on the track. what will matter is how the chassis and other components (brakes, power distribution, suspension, turbo lag on older turbo tech, aerodynamics...) handle the rigors of a track. The fact is, the 350z uses more modern tech and will corner better and accelerate out of a corner better because of its better handling and power/weight ratio. the supra has a couple hundred more pounds than either 350 or 370 as well.

I look how you wanna look, I fuck like you wanna fuck, I am smart, capable and most importantly, I am free in all the ways you are not.

March 15, 2011 @ 06:39 PM
mray

the supra is only good for 2 things dyno queen and drag racing. its basically a japanese muscle car. the weight balance is horrible for handling but if you were to go with an older japanese car to "upgrade" you might as well get a nsx which is faster NA and handles like a dream while still making 30 hp less in stock trim.
March 15, 2011 @ 09:38 PM
trevorr

i have a 1994 180sx and a 91 explorer dd...planning to sell both a pick up a 2005 f150 supercrew
March 15, 2011 @ 10:00 PM
Ca$hWillDew

Curr: 06 STI
Next: E92 M3 Sedan
March 16, 2011 @ 02:35 AM
Frostedbutts

the supra is only good for 2 things dyno queen and drag racing. its basically a japanese muscle car. the weight balance is horrible for handling but if you were to go with an older japanese car to "upgrade" you might as well get a nsx which is faster NA and handles like a dream while still making 30 hp less in stock trim.

While being mid engine and costing an arm and leg for any parts. You are why we can't have nice things.

the 1/4" and straight line are so marginal for both cars that it wont matter on the track. what will matter is how the chassis and other components (brakes, power distribution, suspension, turbo lag on older turbo tech, aerodynamics...) handle the rigors of a track. The fact is, the 350z uses more modern tech and will corner better and accelerate out of a corner better because of its better handling and power/weight ratio. the supra has a couple hundred more pounds than either 350 or 370 as well.

stock vs stock comparisons on a car that is a decade newer than the supra, that's a great argument. That "modern tech" sure did it a lot of good when the connecting rods fail around 400HP, as well as the pistons have issues due to the high compression. Many car platforms even use stock Supra parts (sidemounts, fuel pump) as upgrades to their cars - I've never seen people using this "modern tech" from the 350z on theirs. Furthermore, the fuel system is absolute shit and needs to be upgraded under almost any modification circumstance, as well as the stock clutch which slips at about 350HP - just to name a few. Compare this to a stock 2JZ (<- this is the Supra motor, thought I would spell that out for you since you obviously don't know) where you can push it over 600HP without issues. You also have no idea what you're talking about (a running theme to your post) concerning "turbo tech" - stock Supra turbos have seen 550+WHP and at stock boost levels last over 100k miles.

It's clear you have never worked on a car or raced one, and instead you have chosen to read about them, and then talk about them on an online forum.
March 16, 2011 @ 03:23 AM
thephreak

While being mid engine and costing an arm and leg for any parts. You are why we can't have nice things.

stock vs stock comparisons on a car that is a decade newer than the supra, that's a great argument. That "modern tech" sure did it a lot of good when the connecting rods fail around 400HP, as well as the pistons have issues due to the high compression. Many car platforms even use stock Supra parts (sidemounts, fuel pump) as upgrades to their cars - I've never seen people using this "modern tech" from the 350z on theirs. Furthermore, the fuel system is absolute shit and needs to be upgraded under almost any modification circumstance, as well as the stock clutch which slips at about 350HP - just to name a few. Compare this to a stock 2JZ (<- this is the Supra motor, thought I would spell that out for you since you obviously don't know) where you can push it over 600HP without issues. You also have no idea what you're talking about (a running theme to your post) concerning "turbo tech" - stock Supra turbos have seen 550+WHP and at stock boost levels last over 100k miles.

It's clear you have never worked on a car or raced one, and instead you have chosen to read about them, and then talk about them on an online forum.

why are you posting all this information on modded cars. stock 350 produce nowhere near 400hp and stock supras dont "see" 550+whp. But im sure you know exactly how a modded Supra behaves in this comparo between stock cars. i have no doubt you can mod a turbo supra much more than a NA motor in the Z, but im talkin about stock performance. which in this case the Supra loses on the track.

March 16, 2011 @ 09:08 AM
ahhhrt

They're also from two completely different eras. You're talking about an early 90's Jap car when they were in a horsepower and sports car race. That no longer exists.
March 16, 2011 @ 11:31 AM
skivic35

now my crazy ass is contemplating picking up a 335ci sedan as a lease for 2 years to keep off all the miles on the g37x and trade them both in for an m3 in a year. i am insane
March 16, 2011 @ 02:38 PM
Frostedbutts

why are you posting all this information on modded cars. stock 350 produce nowhere near 400hp and stock supras dont "see" 550+whp. But im sure you know exactly how a modded Supra behaves in this comparo between stock cars. i have no doubt you can mod a turbo supra much more than a NA motor in the Z, but im talkin about stock performance. which in this case the Supra loses on the track.

Because you quoted all of this bullshit on new technology, and I put out several examples of the fact that the Supra is far superior to the Z technology wise. The 2JZ is still one of the most bulletproof engines around.

I didn't give you these examples saying stock cars will make this power, but at those levels of power the engines show which is stronger than the next.
March 16, 2011 @ 04:33 PM
thephreak

now my crazy ass is contemplating picking up a 335ci sedan as a lease for 2 years to keep off all the miles on the g37x and trade them both in for an m3 in a year. i am insane

M3 lease is 2,000 down @ 1044/month for 3 years for the DCT coupe with ZCP and all the other packages. obviously, the numbers will change a bit depending on dealership. and you do know that the F32 M3 is due out by 2013/2014 right.

March 16, 2011 @ 11:45 PM
Nemo7

Personally from owning a Z it is more of a flashy car mine was all show no go loved it to death but it was a little slow compared to some cars but some people gotta realize a 350z is NA while a supra is Twin Turbo if they ever came out with a twin turbo in a 370Z or a 350Z it would be so much faster but i doubt it would be that great Supra has a better resale value most people now a days can afford a 350Z easily hate to say it it has become less valuable but i loved the body style able to fit aggressive wheel on it more easily and able to lower it to the ground without really bottoming out but thats just what i am into if i was into performance i would choose a supra..even no i would still choose one cool. but cant deal with spending that much on performance and maintenance...but back on topic sold my Z for a good price but didn't get the 370Z my girlfriend and parents had gotten angry the fact that i was selling my car to get the same car just a little faster and that i needed a four door because it was more "practical" so i bought a four door it was used but.... I gotta say WAY faster than my 350z cool....

smile
March 16, 2011 @ 11:50 PM
Nemo7

you can probably imagine how PISSED everyone was when i came home with this.... Totally worth it..
March 17, 2011 @ 12:29 AM
ⓜⓘⓝⓓⓔⓡⓐⓢⓔⓡ

isF cool

Lil JoJo : i really want rizal! 13:10

March 18, 2011 @ 02:14 AM
Mon5tar

BMW E60 M5 Current, Next F10 M5 2012 Can't Wait....
March 18, 2011 @ 01:00 PM
AllDayApparel

2005 911 c4s
March 19, 2011 @ 11:41 PM
Nijkap

ms3
March 20, 2011 @ 07:42 PM
e_money

current 05 cvic

future: 09 335i or 2008 a5 HELP!
March 20, 2011 @ 07:57 PM
MaliciousInten

current 05 cvic

future: 09 335i or 2008 a5 HELP!

335i all day. A5 is a fucking joke.
March 21, 2011 @ 12:09 PM
snicewicz

That IS F is sexy, I test drove one last year and fucking loved it.

Current: 2010 G37x Coupe

Next: shitttt. M3 coupe.
March 21, 2011 @ 12:38 PM
Nemo7

I love everything about it! It sounds amazing. So far I just sold the rims and ordered my new ones so they will come in a few months. And just received my JL W7 and amp waiting on my speakers to come so I can put it all in!
March 25, 2011 @ 11:49 PM
andy23cd

current car: nothing special silver lexus is250 2010 with premium package AWD with satalite radio and touch sensor unlock.

next car: BMW M3 whatever the newest year is or an audi a5 whatever the newest year is or maybe an e350 or cls iono yet still got 4-5 years on my whip.
March 26, 2011 @ 06:53 AM
thephreak

current:

next:

Please login first to reply.