October 8, 2009 @ 03:49 AM
Denny Crane

Haha ok man, sorry about that! smile
October 8, 2009 @ 10:01 AM
1neSTixNJ

Damn, OP is crazy making generalizations like that. Fact is that BMW's are engineered for Drivers, as say where another luxury brand like mercedes is geared toward a differnet demographic. yea, ok maybe where u live a lot of douche bags drive em', fuck it's the yuppie car of choice where I live too. But making statemenets like that, at least to me, are just dumb. I don't have a bimmer, but I have at autoX- and they are indeed amazing machines.
October 8, 2009 @ 12:22 PM
araw at bituin

toyota corolla s
toyota prius
chrysler 300
mitsubishi lancer oz rally edition [yellow]
honda civic si mugen

http://instagram.com/qyel

October 8, 2009 @ 09:39 PM
g2289

^lol at specifically yellow but never seen a mugen si in person I think its really pointless, for the price you pay on bodykit/rims that opens up a whole new league of cars, fuck a civic.
October 8, 2009 @ 11:06 PM
The Main Event

Damn, OP is crazy making generalizations like that. Fact is that BMW's are engineered for Drivers, as say where another luxury brand like mercedes is geared toward a differnet demographic. yea, ok maybe where u live a lot of douche bags drive em', fuck it's the yuppie car of choice where I live too. But making statemenets like that, at least to me, are just dumb. I don't have a bimmer, but I have at autoX- and they are indeed amazing machines.

To be honest, I have to disagree with this whole BMW is a driver's car notion. Aside from the M cars BMW's are hardly spectacular performance machines, and in comparison even the current M cars are leaning towards the softer end of the spectrum in comparison with previous models. I've been behind the wheel of an E90 328i and I don't think driver's car is the term I would use to describe it. BMW's are becoming more and more bloated every year, just look at the M3. The new M3's 400+hp V8 actually weighs less than the E46's I6, and yet the E92 weighs about 300lbs more. Sure the increased power is great, but the weight gain is unforgivable.
October 9, 2009 @ 10:33 AM
Koven

To be honest, I have to disagree with this whole BMW is a driver's car notion. Aside from the M cars BMW's are hardly spectacular performance machines, and in comparison even the current M cars are leaning towards the softer end of the spectrum in comparison with previous models. I've been behind the wheel of an E90 328i and I don't think driver's car is the term I would use to describe it. BMW's are becoming more and more bloated every year, just look at the M3. The new M3's 400+hp V8 actually weighs less than the E46's I6, and yet the E92 weighs about 300lbs more. Sure the increased power is great, but the weight gain is unforgivable.

Compared to their completion yes their still drivers cars. Still RWD unlike Audi, and still come in Manual unlike Mercedes. Lexus IS, G37, and acura varians are not in the same league so I wont even consider them in the argument.

all I do is sip espressos and listen to AZ -mrelllis.tumblr.com

October 9, 2009 @ 11:54 AM
The Main Event

^ Your definition is a bit flawed. If those are your parameters for a driver's car then I can make the argument for any garden variety Mustang GT as a so called driver's car, when it simply isn't the case. And there is nothing wrong with Audi's 4WD system considering the R8 is widely hailed as one of the best handling cars on the market. Your description really just sounds like a somewhat sporty luxury coupe, and the G37 has performed quite well in comparisons so I wouldn't dismiss it so easily. Food for thought: The E92 M3 weighs 1000lbs more than the original E30. Seems like the car has slowly lost its focus over the years and ask anyone, the E30 M3 may just be the gold standard for driver's cars.
October 9, 2009 @ 12:09 PM
ClydeFrazier

^ Your definition is a bit flawed. If those are your parameters for a driver's car then I can make the argument for any garden variety Mustang GT as a so called driver's car, when it simply isn't the case. And there is nothing wrong with Audi's 4WD system considering the R8 is widely hailed as one of the best handling cars on the market. Your description really just sounds like a somewhat sporty luxury coupe, and the G37 has performed quite well in comparisons so I wouldn't dismiss it so easily. Food for thought: The E92 M3 weighs 1000lbs more than the original E30. Seems like the car has slowly lost its focus over the years and ask anyone, the E30 M3 may just be the gold standard for driver's cars.

fucking this

seriously dude if you weren't from new jersey, you'd be hb's finest

Melo Gang All Day

October 9, 2009 @ 12:35 PM
Koven

^ Your definition is a bit flawed. If those are your parameters for a driver's car then I can make the argument for any garden variety Mustang GT as a so called driver's car, when it simply isn't the case.

I would call the Mustang GT a drivers car, its not my style and more for straight line speed then handling but its a drivers car nonetheless. Id also like to add to my previous point that BMWs also have 50-50 weight distribution. Another factor contributing to their superior handing and making them the best drivers car in its segment.

And there is nothing wrong with Audi's 4WD system considering the R8 is widely hailed as one of the best handling cars on the market. Your description really just sounds like a somewhat sporty luxury coupe, and the G37 has performed quite well in comparisons so I wouldn't dismiss it so easily.

Nothing wrong with 4wd but its geared more for safety/stability rather then driving pleasure. Ive driven an S5 and I have more fun in my car.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV18ZBXwwYM

Food for thought: The E92 M3 weighs 1000lbs more than the original E30. Seems like the car has slowly lost its focus over the years and ask anyone, the E30 M3 may just be the gold standard for driver's cars.

Yes the M3 weighs more then it did 20 years ago but its also faster and safer. M cars are track inspired but they are for the street and daily life they are not race cars. The new M3 is still a better drivers car then the RS4 or C63, it raped both those cars on top gear.

October 9, 2009 @ 01:26 PM
The Main Event

1. The Mustang GT is a sports car, not a driver's car. A driver's car is a scapel, a Mustang is a rather blunt object in comparison. Again with this whole manual transmission and RWD thing, there are 2 very different ends of the spectrum. You have the Mustang GT on one side and then you have the Lotus Exige 240R on the other. Hell, the Mustang still uses a solid rear axle. It becomes kind of obvious which is more driver oriented.

2. 50/50 weight distribution is not the end all be all of handling prowess. For instance the Nissan GTR has 53/47 weight distribution and is still a great handling car. Not to mention 50/50 weight distribution has no application in mid-engined cars and it would actually be detrimental to their performance. Not saying 50/50 is bad in anyway, just saying don't base everything off weight distribution numbers.

3. By the way which BMW model are you arguing specifically? You say "Another factor contributing to their superior handing and making them the best drivers car in its segment." The brand makes several different cars in different segments so it would be nice to specify which model we are debating. Not to mention you say best driver's car in its segment, which is a luxury segment, which in turn kind of discounts the whole notion of a driver's car.

4. I'd argue that 4WD/AWD has become increasingly performance oriented in recent years. The Nissan GTR (as well as the previous Skyline GTRs), Bugatti Veyron (I hate that car), Lamborghini Gallardo and Murcielago, Audi R8, Lancer Evolution and WRX STI are standouts that use performance based 4WD/AWD systems. In fact 4WD/AWD can yield considerable performance advances in circuit racing, so it is banned in most racing series. This can be seen with the R32 Skyline GTR which was so dominant in Australian sports car racing in the early 90's that it was penalized and later banned. Am I proponent of 4WD/AWD? No, not really. However, saying that is geared towards safety in these machines is incorrect.

5. Is the M3 faster and safer now? Yes. Did it basically sacrafice its soul in the process? Yes. You see the thing that made the original M3 great was that it was very nearly a road going racecar, and if I'm not mistaken the E30 is still BMW's all time most winningest racecar. The M3 now is still a tremendous car, but its given up much of its character to a bunch of electronic control systems. The M3 may beat down on the RS4 and C63, but also right in its price bracket is the Cadillac CTS-V which it won't find such an easy opponent. Not to mention the base C6 Corvette is cheaper than the M3 and a fully loaded M3 nears Z06 territory, where it doesn't stand a chance.
October 9, 2009 @ 01:27 PM
Suprvillain

i was kidding. i happen to like holdens, loved it when the pontiac g8 (commodore) came over here. if gm had half a brain, they'd bring the whole line over here and show that it's possible for them to build a competent sports car that isn't a corvette.

Very true, but it'll never happen unfortunately.

The Passion of Racing www.detointernational.com

October 9, 2009 @ 02:46 PM
Koven

1. The Mustang GT is a sports car, not a driver's car. A driver's car is a scapel, a Mustang is a rather blunt object in comparison. Again with this whole manual transmission and RWD thing, there are 2 very different ends of the spectrum. You have the Mustang GT on one side and then you have the Lotus Exige 240R on the other. Hell, the Mustang still uses a solid rear axle. It becomes kind of obvious which is more driver oriented.

I agree but were straying off topic,

I believe that in the luxury midsize sedan/coupe segment, the 3 series is definitely the most sporty in its class. Obviously there are betters cars out there but many of them are less practical and much more expensive.

2. 50/50 weight distribution is not the end all be all of handling prowess. For instance the Nissan GTR has 53/47 weight distribution and is still a great handling car. Not to mention 50/50 weight distribution has no application in mid-engined cars and it would actually be detrimental to their performance. Not saying 50/50 is bad in anyway, just saying don't base everything off weight distribution numbers.

Its not everything...just something I forgot to mention in my 1st post razz

3. By the way which BMW model are you arguing specifically? You say "Another factor contributing to their superior handing and making them the best drivers car in its segment." The brand makes several different cars in different segments so it would be nice to specify which model we are debating. Not to mention you say best driver's car in its segment, which is a luxury segment, which in turn kind of discounts the whole notion of a driver's car.

I was referring to the 3 series and m3.

4. I'd argue that 4WD/AWD has become increasingly performance oriented in recent years. The Nissan GTR (as well as the previous Skyline GTRs), Bugatti Veyron (I hate that car), Lamborghini Gallardo and Murcielago, Audi R8, Lancer Evolution and WRX STI are standouts that use performance based 4WD/AWD systems. In fact 4WD/AWD can yield considerable performance advances in circuit racing, so it is banned in most racing series. This can be seen with the R32 Skyline GTR which was so dominant in Australian sports car racing in the early 90's that it was penalized and later banned. Am I proponent of 4WD/AWD? No, not really. However, saying that is geared towards safety in these machines is incorrect.

Im not 100 percent positive but since Audi bought bugatti and lambourghini all their cars have been AWD save for the special edition Gallardo. I think AWD is just the direction Audi wants to take, I don't think that makes it better.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZTTn2gq67I&feature=player_embedded

5. Is the M3 faster and safer now? Yes. Did it basically sacrafice its soul in the process? Yes. You see the thing that made the original M3 great was that it was very nearly a road going racecar, and if I'm not mistaken the E30 is still BMW's all time most winningest racecar. The M3 now is still a tremendous car, but its given up much of its character to a bunch of electronic control systems. The M3 may beat down on the RS4 and C63, but also right in its price bracket is the Cadillac CTS-V which it won't find such an easy opponent. Not to mention the base C6 Corvette is cheaper than the M3 and a fully loaded M3 nears Z06 territory, where it doesn't stand a chance.

I love the e30 M3, its probably my fav BMW. But If i had to choose between that and an 09 m3 as a daily id take the e92. I'm not saying its the perfect car, but i think its perfect for what its made for.

October 9, 2009 @ 02:53 PM
JARE

Chrysler 300 is the ultimate douche sled. Especially when they slap on that fake Bentley grill.

I hate that shit, If you can't afford a bentley don't put a grill on a 300 to try to make it look like one, It's just pathetic.
October 9, 2009 @ 04:57 PM
Yousstafa101

god i love the new s4. can't wait to see vf and apr to do some work to it. you go 6 spd or s tronic?

i was thinking about getting the 6 speed manual, but i decided to get the s tronic automatic
October 9, 2009 @ 05:27 PM
ClydeFrazier

still dope, i enjoyed having dsg in the gti, got kinda boring after a while though

any plans for mods?

Melo Gang All Day

October 9, 2009 @ 11:24 PM
jizzla

those big pick up trucks (no specific brand or models lol) that is see all the douche white kids driving....
October 10, 2009 @ 12:21 AM
araw at bituin

those big pick up trucks (no specific brand or models lol) that is see all the douche white kids driving....

bros?

http://instagram.com/qyel

October 10, 2009 @ 12:19 PM
Hobbes.

Fact is that BMW's are engineered for Drivers

SRS BSNS

You sound like spokesman for BMW, or someone who has just watched too many of their commercials.
October 10, 2009 @ 02:15 PM
Zachh

240sx's.
October 10, 2009 @ 02:35 PM
northwest

October 10, 2009 @ 03:22 PM
STI Guy

wow. basically anyone driving a car to you fruits is a douche.. almost every type of car has been named here hahaha.
October 10, 2009 @ 06:29 PM
kmz

not even close
October 10, 2009 @ 06:42 PM
DC RA

There are some cars that are almost reserved for douche bags. In my opinion BMW is the brand they choose. Especially the M models. If you look closely at every person with an M3 you will see they are douches. The main douche BMW are:
1)M3
2)M coupe
3)M5
4)M6
5)135i
6)335i
7)328i coupe

Post the cars you think douches have. There are a lot trust me

this is fucking retarded.
October 10, 2009 @ 07:21 PM
jzm3

^ very, so ignorant
October 10, 2009 @ 08:23 PM
Zachh

240sx
October 12, 2009 @ 12:07 AM
ClydeFrazier

lol just noticed ssimino never bothered to post again

bitchmade

Melo Gang All Day

October 12, 2009 @ 05:20 PM
Yousstafa101

lol just noticed ssimino never bothered to post again

bitchmade

Listen you little fucking bitch. You drive a GTI dont fuck with me. Dont try sitting here and defending a piece of shit 328i. You dont know shit if u think a 328 is faster than a 3.2 a5 u fuckin bitch. fuck you dogg
October 12, 2009 @ 06:30 PM
1neSTixNJ

well I mean a real "driver's" car would/should (imo) be termed as a Porsche GT2 or GT3RS (rwd/engine hanging over the rear axle, etc..) But since I don't own a BMW I guess I can't really pass judgment.

anyway, idk if it's been said- but there's no quantifiable way to say "hey I think everyone who drives X car is a douche" simply b/c of what the drive. It's not the car its the driver, good or bad.
October 13, 2009 @ 12:21 AM
ClydeFrazier

Listen you little fucking bitch. You drive a GTI dont fuck with me. Dont try sitting here and defending a piece of shit 328i. You dont know shit if u think a 328 is faster than a 3.2 a5 u fuckin bitch. fuck you dogg

i will castrate you with a butter knife

and i sold the GTI a year ago due to financial constraints sad

Melo Gang All Day

October 13, 2009 @ 12:50 AM
soap

240sx

arrogant fucks

Please login first to reply.