FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (48 HOURS ONLY)
October 5, 2009 @ 11:28 PM
unknown force.

what kind of systems or things do you guys run on your cars? before I even fix my bumper on my new 2 me civic i'm gonna put in a fuel kill sometime this week. still not sure what kind but looking at the viper 210v with the GPS. i'm trying to get a job at bestbuy so hopefully we get discounts on viper/cobra like i did at ccity.

what do you guys run?
October 6, 2009 @ 01:12 AM
Soldier187

Get a stealth install done, not some lame generic kind. A stealth install basically puts all the alarm brains and sensors underneath the regular paddings in the car. Put it in places where you think thieves are less likely to find it and/or would take them time to discover it without getting busted. I literally had to remove the whole interior and put mines on the shell of my car.

Get a good alarm model, sensors, and definitely a fuel kill switch.

Alarm: Clifford or Viper are great brands but choose the right model (preferably 2 way pager)

I recommend Clifford Matrix RSX 3.5 (i think thats the model)

Sensors: DEI products ftw

Tilt sensor - sets off alarm when your car is being lifted if theives try to steal your wheels or use a tow truck.. yes, theives now use tow trucks to steal cars.

Glass sensor- window breaks, alarm goes off. I dont recommend motion sensors because they have some false alarms.

Hood pin - pin goes up, alarm goes off

Battery backup - theives can access your battery line through your firewall beneath the fenders hoping it'll make the alarm shut up. They're wrong, if you have a battery backup it'll just keep on ringing until you come by to switch it off.

Piezo siren - loud as fuck and you only need one. I have 5 installed in my car and have got several overnight complaints already lol.

Other adds:

Removal steering wheel - theives dont carry universal steering wheels half of the time

Auto-lock - can be bought from AutoZone. Locks onto your clutch (or brakes if you drive auto) so they cant shift.

Fuel kill switch - car wont run until the fuel switch is on. Put it somewhere theives are less likely to look for it.

Dogs - I got a rotty sitting in my car overnight with the windows half way open.

Removable seats - self explanatory.

Basically you want to do everything that'll increase the thieves time to steal your car to the point where they just say fuck it and run.
October 6, 2009 @ 02:08 AM
unknown force.

the fuel kill switch i'm doing this week. just got some relays off of ebay. i'm not going to get a removable steering wheel just because i want an airbag so until they make them with one not going that route.

i'm waiting till i can find out what i get discounts on through bestbuy before i get an alarm.

i plan on getting a DEI 520t battery backup and the Piezo siren for my interior along with a hood pin and tilt sensor. The main thing I just haven't decided on is the brain
October 6, 2009 @ 05:28 PM
Cybrax2

dont stress about the alarm. Theyre gonna always find a way to disarm it. Heck they dont care if it goes off.
Mexicans drove my teg with the alarm going off and nobody cared. Killswitch your main concern. A 5 dollar killswitch provides more protection than a 250 dollar alarm.

Get a wheel lock and use the key as a keychain. Im still figuring out to use the wheellock key as a keychain

Edit: Buy a system that allows alarm to go off forever, not just off for a couple minute like mine -_-.
October 6, 2009 @ 05:41 PM
unknown force.

lol thats why i'm getting the backup DEI 520t battery. it powers the alarm by itself incase they get through the hood and cut it. I'm gonna get one that has a pager so that it will tell me as soon as something happens, the only place i'm concerned about is my apartment complex since i can't see my car. my neon got broken in to like a block away but all they took was my stereo shit
October 6, 2009 @ 07:51 PM
Soldier187

Damn, I'm trying to remember that name of that one alarm that has a GPS included and its like a small chip they put in your car. Police officers get notified and it comes up on their scanner.. any idea?
October 6, 2009 @ 08:03 PM
Cybrax2

GPS requires antenna that needs to be exposed to the sky.
I would just rip/cut it off if I was a theif. Dont waste your money on it.
UNless youre taking about lojack. Ive heard stories of using a hidden mobile phone in the car as a tracking device.
October 6, 2009 @ 09:45 PM
Soldier187

Yes, LoJack!
October 7, 2009 @ 12:40 AM
unknown force.

GPS requires antenna that needs to be exposed to the sky.
I would just rip/cut it off if I was a theif. Dont waste your money on it.
UNless youre taking about lojack. Ive heard stories of using a hidden mobile phone in the car as a tracking device.

not if you put it in your headliner or something. they normally come with 2 antennas. lojack is worse then the GPS units like the viper 210 or whatever because you need YOUR police department to use a beacon type thing and find it before it gets stripped or whatever.
October 7, 2009 @ 10:44 AM
kyoru

Kill switch, or detachable wheel lock
October 7, 2009 @ 05:22 PM
Cybrax2

Kill switch, or detachable wheel lock

There you go. Simple and effective. Clutch lock is better actually but its not like theif will be carrying giant scissors to cut your wheel or anything.

Yeah dont get GPS crap. Its like youre expecting to have it stolen, stripped and found.
October 16, 2009 @ 03:49 PM
Ange

I have a Clifford and I highly recommend it

Please login first to reply.