February 24, 2010 @ 12:13:55
Originally posted by Inactive User
im on the prowl for a ek/teg in cali. lemme know if yall see any blushing

Have you looked on Honda Tech market place... There is always a EK/DC for sale there...

-THiZZ
February 24, 2010 @ 13:45:57
ya ive checked hondamarketplace. most of nice ones in cali are already sold. pricerange is up to about 7k?
February 24, 2010 @ 15:06:16
Anybody got a good like top 10 list of rims that shouldnt break the bank?

Tryna get the 01 accord loopey

just dont get rotas, drags or sportmaxxs and check out troll nwp's rim selections
February 24, 2010 @ 15:30:39
ya ive checked hondamarketplace. most of nice ones in cali are already sold. pricerange is up to about 7k?

Hmmm well aside from craigslist and nwp4life thats the only thing i can think of...

-THiZZ
February 24, 2010 @ 16:29:45
what do you guys think of this ej1http://nwp4life.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=42450

it would be a first car for me and its a good price range
February 24, 2010 @ 19:24:07
what you guys think about this
http://nwp4life.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=42450
February 24, 2010 @ 19:40:19
Its clean and it does have a nice price on it. My only complaint would be if you do plan on doing anything you have to get custom parts. Im not a fan of the B20's personally i mean torque wise they are nice, but unless you put a B16 head on there its not really that great of a motor. Its a good starting project if thats what your looking for though, i would invest in a good suspension first with the money you have left over...

-THiZZ
February 24, 2010 @ 19:45:10
thanks THiZZ. i told the guy i wanted to get into hondas and he said he has parts for it (B16 head was one of them)
February 24, 2010 @ 19:54:41
Okay now here comes the hard part your going to need a shop that is good at matching the head with the block. I would suggest doing a full rebuild as well. That means pistons, rings, valves, retainers. You can probably get all those for under 1K easy. Also there is not specific ECU to run for this as well so your going to need it to be tuned and have it tuned properly since this is a frakenstien swap and it is not an original motor hence the ecu tuning and whatnot. If you take your time and do it right the motor will last you a long time. It just depends on which route you wanna go with the car and the money/patience you have to do things right. And since your bakersfield i just gotta ask are you by chance going to Eibach in may???

-THiZZ
February 24, 2010 @ 20:08:28
where is it at?

if i get this i might just keep the head for awhile seprate til i can get a shop to put pistons and all that in it, instead of getting just the head put on, but theres a strong chance i might just wait awhile til i can find a good to go ek or something
February 24, 2010 @ 20:13:21
dc5 ftw i love my honda
February 24, 2010 @ 20:17:45
where is it at?

if i get this i might just keep the head for awhile seprate til i can get a shop to put pistons and all that in it, instead of getting just the head put on, but theres a strong chance i might just wait awhile til i can find a good to go ek or something

Date: Sunday May 16th
Time: 11-?
Location: Eibach Springs 264 Mariah Circle, Corona, CA 92879-1751

EK's are nice, but yea if you did decide to pick it up seems like you already got a good idea of what you want to do with it. I'll be at Eibach along with a couple of others from Vegas. Gonna bring out my DC5 and show off my progess. Still looking/buying parts though...

-THiZZ
February 24, 2010 @ 21:18:48
DC5's are doooope. I got a black 03 Type S.
Clean n simple. OEM kit with high wing spoiler.
Need to get rid of 4x4 status though and some foglights.
February 24, 2010 @ 22:15:23
^^^Word, i got a 04 Type S and love it. Already put so much work into it though and i only had it for like 4 months now...

-THiZZ
February 24, 2010 @ 22:53:15
how much is a used type s, if i had hella money id get that or a 07 si

kid at my school has a dopeeeeee 07+ si... im pretty sure all he did was put rims and new tip on it though
February 24, 2010 @ 22:54:47
Depends on the mileage and the year...but it can range from 7-12K... i got mine for 10K. And i've dumped so much into it over the last couple of months, i love breakin of SRT 4's that think im just another honda on the road...

-THiZZ
February 24, 2010 @ 23:08:57
dang maybe i could try to talk family into getting me an rsx, because they'd probably feel more comfortable with that than buying me some old car thats been tampered with alot. a few weeks ago i saw a type s driving by and i was like dannng thats clean and my grandma asked howmuch they were and i said about 10k and her reply was "not too bad"... so it might be a option? lol
February 24, 2010 @ 23:21:11
He's askin for to much with that many miles on it. Honestly if you want a RSX go to Clubrsx.com and look in the marketplace there and also look in the regional section for southern cali. You'll find better deals and some of them are tastefully modded. If you don't get a Type S don't bother looking into the RSX because you'll only be complaining why you didn't get one in the first place...

-THiZZ
February 24, 2010 @ 23:31:48
And Type S>Si anyday. Only advantage Si's have over the Type S is the LSD but they fixed that in the 05-06 Type S. Really all you need is K- Pro as your first mod and you can unlock so much power from a stock motor with no bolt on's alone...

-THiZZ
February 24, 2010 @ 23:37:30
cool thank you for info thizz. also what miles should i be looking on a car?
February 24, 2010 @ 23:45:40
Anything under 90K is good...

-THiZZ
February 25, 2010 @ 03:56:29
And Type S>Si anyday. Only advantage Si's have over the Type S is the LSD but they fixed that in the 05-06 Type S. Really all you need is K- Pro as your first mod and you can unlock so much power from a stock motor with no bolt on's alone...

-THiZZ

qftmft

4door si's though...theres something about them that makes me want one.
February 25, 2010 @ 07:07:14

Heres my midori green pearl Ek....bought it for 3 g's all stock....in the process of modding it a little so ill put newer pics up soon.
February 25, 2010 @ 08:58:11
Nice pick up, reminds me of my DAP 97' hatchback. Also bought it for $3g'z lol.
February 25, 2010 @ 12:13:50
Nice pick up, reminds me of my DAP 97' hatchback. Also bought it for $3g'z lol.

Thanks bro, dap hatches are sick too one of my fav colors..any pics of it? Mods?
February 25, 2010 @ 15:26:23
Yo Sgt H here's a Type S for sale in your area... great price/miles/and its pretty much stock...

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=701166

-THiZZ
February 25, 2010 @ 21:56:01

Heres my midori green pearl Ek....bought it for 3 g's all stock....in the process of modding it a little so ill put newer pics up soon.

Thanks bro, dap hatches are sick too one of my fav colors..any pics of it? Mods?

Lol, it was my first car and I cut many corners with it. No special mods, but I tried keeping it clean at least.

16" Rota Circuit 8
$5 Fog Light Special
Ground Control Coilover Sleeves
Wack HID Wannabe Bulbs
eBay C-Pillar Bar
Hood Tilt for JDM Points
I picked up a free CF hood, but it looked like shit with DAP.

This post is hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

February 26, 2010 @ 04:07:52
^^^
baby minivans :]
February 26, 2010 @ 09:33:00

gtr sonnnnn
Please login first to reply.
x