Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
September 20, 2009 @ 02:15 PM
Cybrax2

I was wonder what security equips you have right now.

I have a standard shock sensor alarm and Ima bout install a Fuel Kill switch.
Along with a steering wheel lock, but maybe I don't want that shit cuz theft will cut my steering wheel.

Any suggestion where I should put my killswitch? Maybe on the side of the rear passenger?
Oh an I think ima have to reroute my hood latch cable too. And a baseball bat in the trunk for any reason.

I was wondering that you guys do to protect your ride.
September 20, 2009 @ 02:32 PM
ahhhrt

Keep it in my garage. We've got 3 cars blocking the garage as well. If they manage to get my car out without disturbing the rest, I'll just give it to them.

Regardless, fuel pump switch, as well as a general electrical kill switch will be installed when I get around to driving it.
September 20, 2009 @ 03:00 PM
QUAK!!

I have a basic alarm w/ a kill switch and proximity sensor. Along with that 1 iginition kill switch, 1 fuel kill switch, 1 dummy switch, clutch lock, and a detachable steering wheel with hub lock.
September 20, 2009 @ 04:13 PM
Cybrax2

I have a basic alarm w/ a kill switch and proximity sensor. Along with that 1 iginition kill switch, 1 fuel kill switch, 1 dummy switch, clutch lock, and a detachable steering wheel with hub lock.

lol 2 hidden killswitch. Is it in awkward places or convenient? 2 different kill switch would be a bit inconvenient going in and out. Better safe than sorry. Plus the steering wheel and hub lock lol. I need a clutch lock > wheel lock.

Is your killswitch within arms reach on the driver seat?
September 20, 2009 @ 06:58 PM
QUAK!!

lol 2 hidden killswitch. Is it in awkward places or convenient? 2 different kill switch would be a bit inconvenient going in and out. Better safe than sorry. Plus the steering wheel and hub lock lol. I need a clutch lock > wheel lock.

Is your killswitch within arms reach on the driver seat?

I hardly use the switches. I have one switch thats somewhat inconvenient, but all are within a good reach from the driver seat. I only use everything when I go somewhere unknown or shady. Always better safe than sorry.
September 21, 2009 @ 06:11 PM
KALiKUSH

i can make a ignition kill switch myself, right?
what should i get, a 10A switch or a 20A switch?
also what gauge wire?
September 21, 2009 @ 09:52 PM
Cybrax2

i can make a ignition kill switch myself, right?
what should i get, a 10A switch or a 20A switch?
also what gauge wire?

Minimum of 12A. Use 20A switch.
Gauge wire should be has thick as the wire your cutting or thicker.
September 22, 2009 @ 06:05 PM
iggyhaxor

get a ravelco
September 22, 2009 @ 07:12 PM
midwestfever

when im downtown or anywhere that isnt my house i set the 'code' on the headunit, car doesnt function at all without entering the code correctly, no matter what

FORUM SIGNATURE

September 23, 2009 @ 03:28 PM
KlAzE1

chipped key, hidden kill switch, zenesis 502 alarm with a 1 mile range, remote will beep LOUD, and vibrate if anyone fucks with my shit naw mean bitch.
September 25, 2009 @ 11:32 AM
THiZZ

If they really want it they'll take it... A killswitch may deter people who don't know what they're doing but guys that are good will take or get what they want regardless of what you have on your car. I would recommend:

Getting a second battery and have it solely connected to your alarm. Make sure you place the battery and the wires to it in a uncommon area. If you choose to place it somewhere like in your trunk make sure its difficult to get to like putting it in a metal lock box or something like that.

I would also recommend an alarm that detects motion of the car like if weight shifts or anything like that. I don't know about where your from but in Cali and Vegas i've seen *****'s drive around and pull up behind cars and lift the rear and tow that shit away to jack parts and then dump the car somewhere...

-THiZZ
September 25, 2009 @ 09:10 PM
Cybrax2

If they really want it they'll take it... A killswitch may deter people who don't know what they're doing but guys that are good will take or get what they want regardless of what you have on your car. I would recommend:

Getting a second battery and have it solely connected to your alarm. Make sure you place the battery and the wires to it in a uncommon area. If you choose to place it somewhere like in your trunk make sure its difficult to get to like putting it in a metal lock box or something like that.

I would also recommend an alarm that detects motion of the car like if weight shifts or anything like that. I don't know about where your from but in Cali and Vegas i've seen *****'s drive around and pull up behind cars and lift the rear and tow that shit away to jack parts and then dump the car somewhere...

-THiZZ

damn nigguh. I live the bay too.

Layers are key though. If it takes them one hour, they won't even bother. Tow trucks are inevitable if youre out at a mall or something.

Please login first to reply.