March 16, 2011 @ 10:14 PM
ofasho

WHERE THE MOTORCYCLE RIDERS AT?

what was yalls first bike?
thinking about trying to find a cheap bike for ~1000 since my car got stolen :\ i don't drive that far for school and i work real close by so saving gas could be c0ol

first bike, and still the current since 09'.

changed the kit to:

current helmet: SHOEI (got rid of the S and I)

March 19, 2011 @ 01:40 PM
unknown force.

nise

signed up for MSF classes, starting on april 8th cool
March 19, 2011 @ 03:40 PM
MaliciousInten

1k isn't going to buy you much these days. For 1k I'd try to find a used Ninja 250r or try to buy a cheap 600. I'd recommend saving up a few grand then buying a late model 600.
March 19, 2011 @ 08:42 PM
MaliciousInten

first bike, and still the current since 09'.

changed the kit to:

current helmet: SHOEI (got rid of the S and I)

Yo not tryna hate but that shit looks gay as hell.
March 20, 2011 @ 05:10 PM
Ferris.Bueller

Yo not tryna hate but that shit looks gay as hell.

Agreed cool

I dont understand the facination streetbikers have with jordan. smh
March 20, 2011 @ 05:49 PM
unknown force.

he is on a streetwear forum so i don't see why it would be hard to beleive.

1k isn't going to buy you much these days. For 1k I'd try to find a used Ninja 250r or try to buy a cheap 600. I'd recommend saving up a few grand then buying a late model 600.

i don't really like sport bikes tho thats the thing, i like the cruiser style more like the virago and rebel ;\ i wouldn't mind a honda cbr250r with ABS but no used ones yet. the only thing i'm not sure about with the rebel is if it can handle me on the freeways since i'm 200lbs and there are a couple of big hills i have to ride to get to school :\
March 20, 2011 @ 07:41 PM
MaliciousInten

Agreed cool

I dont understand the facination streetbikers have with jordan. smh

Jordan has a AMA SBK team. moto-racing.speedtv.com/article/ama-sbk-team-jordan-to-pilot-suzuki-gsx-r-again-in-10/
March 20, 2011 @ 07:45 PM
MaliciousInten

i don't really like sport bikes tho thats the thing, i like the cruiser style more like the virago and rebel ;\ i wouldn't mind a honda cbr250r with ABS but no used ones yet. the only thing i'm not sure about with the rebel is if it can handle me on the freeways since i'm 200lbs and there are a couple of big hills i have to ride to get to school :\

Hills won't be a problem just downshift a gear or two and you will be ok. With motorcycles they make less torque then a typical car engine so rider's usually keep the RPM a bit higher then they would normally in a car. On my Ducati I stay above 2.5k-3k at all time.
March 20, 2011 @ 07:48 PM
MaliciousInten

My Arai I'm currently riding in on the street. Visor is a mirrored gold finish it looks kinda black in the pic.

I have a few more Arai but for w/e reason they got deleted from my photobucket account. Planning to buy a new RX-V this spring.
March 20, 2011 @ 07:52 PM
unknown force.

guess ill wait till my MSF classes to see what bikes they have there. i really like bobbers tho but like i said wouldn't mind a honda cbr suprised
March 20, 2011 @ 07:59 PM
MaliciousInten

guess ill wait till my MSF classes to see what bikes they have there. i really like bobbers tho but like i said wouldn't mind a honda cbr suprised

I've never take the MSF course. I know a lot of people who have usually they have air cooled 250 4 strokes.
March 20, 2011 @ 08:18 PM
ofasho

My Arai I'm currently riding in on the street. Visor is a mirrored gold finish it looks kinda black in the pic.

I have a few more Arai but for w/e reason they got deleted from my photobucket account. Planning to buy a new RX-V this spring.

very nice!

still riding on my SHOEI a.k.a HOE hahah
March 20, 2011 @ 09:29 PM
MaliciousInten

Make sure you buy some decent gear when you buy you're bike. Many riders fail to do these for whatever reasons.
March 20, 2011 @ 09:36 PM

yea when I took the MSF course they were just 250s.

I currently have a scorpion exo-1000 series for a helmet but I want a Valentino Rossi helmet.

I also need to get a leather jacket.

Lil JoJo : i really want rizal! 13:10

March 20, 2011 @ 10:13 PM
MaliciousInten

yea when I took the MSF course they were just 250s.

I currently have a scorpion exo-1000 series for a helmet but I want a Valentino Rossi helmet.

I also need to get a leather jacket.

What kind of riding do you do? If you plan on just using the jacket for street riding protection I'd recommend going textile ballistic nylon will protect you just fine at lower speeds while being cooler and more comfortable in traffic. Scorpion 1000 is a great helmet a few of my buddies have 700s and stuff. I wouldn't spend that much on an AVG Rossi helmet if you're going to spend that much chedda just buy an Arai. Arai measures and adjust there resins up to three times a day to ensure the strongest possible shell structure. IMO Arai's quality is second to none.
March 20, 2011 @ 10:13 PM
unknown force.

did they have rebels or did they have a couple of different bikes?

i plan on getting a nice helmet then a leather jacket, not sure what kind of jacket i want yet tho. do i need special motorcycle boots or can my timberlands work?
March 20, 2011 @ 10:21 PM
MaliciousInten

did they have rebels or did they have a couple of different bikes?

i plan on getting a nice helmet then a leather jacket, not sure what kind of jacket i want yet tho. do i need special motorcycle boots or can my timberlands work?

Tims are straight. A motorcycle boot will be more protective in an accident but 95% on accidents that occur riding normally on the street tims will be protective enough.
March 20, 2011 @ 10:32 PM

yea the reason why I haven't bought a AVG Rossi helmet is because of the price.

also I mainly do street riding, I'll hit up the drag strip from time to time, but the reason I want a leather jacket is because towards the end of the season in Michigan its cold as hell out.

this is the bike I used in the course, the majority of the bikes we had were like this, I think there may have been 1 or 2 rebels

Lil JoJo : i really want rizal! 13:10

March 20, 2011 @ 10:47 PM
MaliciousInten

Riding sucks so bad when it's cold out. I took my CBR 1000RR Repsol out one time while it was mid 40s out I was only on the bike 3 mins and I decided to turn back. Tire traction is hugely affected by temperature.

I'm going to buy these new gloves next week my old alpinestar's look like there about to fall apart.

March 21, 2011 @ 12:09 AM
unknown force.

well i'll be riding in san diego so the weather isn't normally too shitty. i know im gonna be riding in the morning at like 7am but still its nothing too bad
March 21, 2011 @ 03:07 AM
unknown force.

yeah thats why i like rebels cause it seems easy to make them into bobbers and parts are easy to come by.

but most of my driving is gonna be 30 mile freeway to school sad
March 21, 2011 @ 06:30 PM
Ferris.Bueller

Look into the older Suzuki Savages (aka Boulevard S40). Ive seen a couple of them go for around 1200 here in the OC. Ive ridden one and the thing has balls for a single cylinder 650. Ive been wanting to get one to hardtail it. Heres a pic of one Pre-hardtail.

March 31, 2011 @ 01:24 PM
soyou

Anyone have experience with the military's msf?
April 9, 2011 @ 08:14 PM
unknown force.

Anyone have experience with the military's msf?

I was talking to my msf instructor and he said they all teach the same course on base here in sd, at camp pendleton. He also said that its free if your on active duty. He saw me in a NAVY sweater and told me that.

But on another note riding motorcycles is insanelyyyyy fun lol had a blast on the course today, tomorrow is day 2 and the eval. Got to ridde a kawasaki eliminator and I must say I like the seating setup. I wanted to get one of the ninjas but 2 people got them before me sad
April 11, 2011 @ 04:01 PM
Hellah Fresh

Look into the older Suzuki Savages (aka Boulevard S40). Ive seen a couple of them go for around 1200 here in the OC. Ive ridden one and the thing has balls for a single cylinder 650. Ive been wanting to get one to hardtail it. Heres a pic of one Pre-hardtail.

Oh shit! This is what im talking about i saw one of these style motorcycle at a local garage that sells bikes. I sold my crotch rocket and i need to get a cruiser.

Edit: This is what im talking about
April 11, 2011 @ 05:56 PM
soyou

I was talking to my msf instructor and he said they all teach the same course on base here in sd, at camp pendleton. He also said that its free if your on active duty. He saw me in a NAVY sweater and told me that.

But on another note riding motorcycles is insanelyyyyy fun lol had a blast on the course today, tomorrow is day 2 and the eval. Got to ridde a kawasaki eliminator and I must say I like the seating setup. I wanted to get one of the ninjas but 2 people got them before me sad

Yeah, my dad use to be the instructor way back in the early 70's, was his first military job before gunning AC130's. Him and his buddy(both heavy motorcycle enthusiasts) keep telling me to go on base and do the course but neither of them can lead me in any direction, and online doesn't help, nor do the fucking Gate MP's.

But do you know you if you have to be active duty for the free? Also, I enjoy the fuck out of the 09 250 Ninja we got sitting, but I really want an R6. I use to fuck with the Aprilia RS50 until the piston pretty much blew the fuck out of the block, old war buddy of my dad was talking about if we fix it up he'd trade his RSv4 for the RS50, fucking steal but nearest dealer is 2 or 3 towns over.
April 11, 2011 @ 06:11 PM
unknown force.

he was saying active duty, idk about dependents and all that but you could probably call the base and try to talk to the MSF guys there.

heres a picture of the bike i was riding, bike behind it is a ninja 250

after riding on it i think i'm leaning more towards cruisers now
April 14, 2011 @ 08:47 PM
unknown force.

well i found a ninja 250r today and rode it home
2006 with 6000 miles on it
dropped by original owner so 1 side is all scraped up but it runs good ONCE it starts lol
when i first got to this girls house it started up with no problem, then after letting it idle and getting paperwork done and everything then it wouldn't start again after like 5 minutes it finally did.
gonna check out the spark plugs and carb tomorrow

but riding it home was super dope :D so much fun riding. its crazy how fast you can accelerate from standing

April 17, 2011 @ 10:16 AM
timothy1

Also, I enjoy the fuck out of the 09 250 Ninja we got sitting, but I really want an R6..

go for the R6. i have one and i love it.
April 17, 2011 @ 02:46 PM
unknown force.

failed the written motorcycle test lmao

i got 50/50 at the msf class then i missed 8 on the test at the dmv fml forgot to answer 2 questions.

gotta go back on monday and ace dat bitch

Please login first to reply.