Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
February 6, 2013 @ 09:38 AM
inaninstant

Makes me sad to wear clothing...Makes me wish humans walked around naked
February 6, 2013 @ 11:29 AM
gersh

care to explain? they aint that bad
February 10, 2013 @ 11:21 PM
inaninstant

CAUSE IM A HIPSTER AND GIVING ACCESS TO DOPE CLOTHES TO THE GENERAL POPULATION MAKES THE CLOTHES I WEAR SEEM.....well, not special ;|
February 11, 2013 @ 07:38 AM
Rhapsody

^^Upgrade to supply
February 11, 2013 @ 08:20 AM
inaninstant

supply thinking its special because it doubles the retail on items is even worse ;|
February 11, 2013 @ 02:17 PM
Rhapsody

They are the only stockist for most of the brands they carry.. plus u can argue that for australian retail price with anything
February 14, 2013 @ 07:21 AM
inaninstant

True, being able to get supreme in a store is a blessing in itself so I must not hate.
February 14, 2013 @ 09:02 AM
Moogy

Culture Kings and along with Crooklan (a store from Parramatta) ruined HUF socks for me. I no longer see them as "exclusive". I know they weren't really, but before no one wore them... but now-a-days, you'd see 5-6 fuckers wearing it on Pitt Street. 

Not to mention the staff at CK dress so fucking ridiculous. 
February 14, 2013 @ 09:05 AM
Moogy

supply thinking its special because it doubles the retail on items is even worse ;|
Tbh, I think they're prices are fair. People will and still buy from Supply because they know they're getting top quality goods from well-known global brands. 
February 14, 2013 @ 09:52 AM
bsquared

pretty much made brands like diamond supply,C&C, OBEY and HUF regularly available to the kind of people who would usually go to general pants,glue etc and in the process creating thousands of new hypebeasts.
February 14, 2013 @ 10:09 AM
stormpal

pretty much made brands like diamond supply,C&C, OBEY and HUF regularly available to the kind of people who would usually go to general pants,glue etc and in the process creating thousands of new hypebeasts.
GALLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONARIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
February 14, 2013 @ 11:02 AM
inaninstant

Culture Kings and along with Crooklan (a store from Parramatta) ruined HUF socks for me. I no longer see them as "exclusive". I know they weren't really, but before no one wore them... but now-a-days, you'd see 5-6 fuckers wearing it on Pitt Street. 

They are so fucking annoying too, Im trying to look at shit and like every person in the fucking store wants to have a conversation.
February 14, 2013 @ 11:05 AM
inaninstant

First time I brought HUF I was in year 10 at HS visiting SF with my parents in 2007. Never thought the brand would end up like this  (specifically, over here in AUS)
February 14, 2013 @ 11:17 AM
bsquared

They are so fucking annoying too, Im trying to look at shit and like every person in the fucking store wants to have a conversation.

this
February 14, 2013 @ 11:49 AM
Moogy

I'm just overall disgusted in the whole 5-panel trend, I knew it was coming though. Like when OBEY + Stussy made those hideous 5 panels with aztec designs and overall floral prints, it made me never want to wear my hats again. I don't understand how people would pay $30-$40 for those worthless things... shit's horrific. 
February 14, 2013 @ 12:12 PM
Rhapsody

This is could be an interesting topic which Id like the old heads to contribute to(not necessarily dictated by join date).

I came in somewhere along the 3rd wave of streetwear in the mid 2000s, 1st was the time of stussy, 2nd being the 90s(think supreme, bape, fuct, probably 'the game changer'), 3rd was early 2000s to ???(not sure if the 4th has started yet). I came in wearing bape(the only Japanese brand), the hundreds, huf, crooks, LRG, diamond, mostly because they were loud(all over print) or represented a better decade, the 90s. Then the GFC(global financial crisis) came along, suddenly 3sixteen changed their lineup overnight. Boat shoes replaced SB's, classic americana become the new battle ground. A cleaner and more mature look was now being offered by a lot those brands, HUF shut shop and moved online, LRG was being sold at Myer lol.

My taste, still within streetwear has moved onto quality and not quantity since. Its made up of mostly Japanese brands because they did not falter and stuck to an ethos/aesthetics(can be argued) which I could depend on. Yet still, every year I will purchase one or two of those US brands, eg Huf or the Hundreds. This is what complicates things and creates a discourse. I cant really judge those who shop at CK, in a sense I am one of them and at times a little embarrassed(I also have those Huf socks -_-).

The exclusivity was lost a long time ago. If you still want that(not sure if people know I am wearing a white oxford or that it is visvim) Im not sure how you go ahead with it but Id like to hear some opinions smile
February 14, 2013 @ 01:10 PM
Moogy

The exclusivity was lost a long time ago. If you still want that(not sure if people know I am wearing a white oxford or that it is visvim) Im not sure how you go ahead with it but Id like to hear some opinions

In regards to exclusiveness: 
I reckon it mostly applies to most people who know what the other person is wearing. IE, let's say I walked past someone who was wearing the Supreme Shibuya t-shirt. Most people would either believe it's a fake or a regular t-shirt, but to us, we already know that t-shirt costs over 200 hundred dollars, let alone it's rare as fuck. 

To me, that was my inspiration to get into streetwear. I loved the fact that people would turn heads just to look at what hat I was wearing, or what shoes I was rocking. Not to mention the form of respect we get from fellow people who enjoy and have a passion in their clothing, just as we are right now. 
February 14, 2013 @ 01:26 PM
inaninstant

I'm just overall disgusted in the whole 5-panel trend, I knew it was coming though. Like when OBEY + Stussy made those hideous 5 panels with aztec designs and overall floral prints, it made me never want to wear my hats again. I don't understand how people would pay $30-$40 for those worthless things... shit's horrific. 
I can't believe 5 panels took so long to trend though over here...most people knew about them, or had seen someone wearing one at least a year ago even 2. Yet people dont start liking things or wearing them until they see a whole bunch or people wearing them. I've always liked them for years but they look like shit on me so i wont wear one. IDGAF how good the hat is if it doesnt look good on im not wearing it
February 14, 2013 @ 01:54 PM
twoflies

I can't believe 5 panels took so long to trend though over here...most people knew about them, or had seen someone wearing one at least a year ago even 2. Yet people dont start liking things or wearing them until they see a whole bunch or people wearing them. I've always liked them for years but they look like shit on me so i wont wear one. IDGAF how good the hat is if it doesnt look good on im not wearing it
its because they were exclusive as fuck at the time. you either had to pay an arm and  a leg to get one over in australia and that usually turned people off. they only really blew up here when they became easier to buy/cheaper.

A wolf in sheep's clothing.

February 14, 2013 @ 02:05 PM
Rhapsody

To me, that was my inspiration to get into streetwear. I loved the fact that people would turn heads just to look at what hat I was wearing, or what shoes I was rocking. Not to mention the form of respect we get from fellow people who enjoy and have a passion in their clothing, just as we are right now. 
Fair enough, I respect that. But i am the type that doesn't like attention, I hardly discuss my sneakers with hype staff even though I know some of them know jack and own jack.

5-panels, I have so many different tiers from supreme for any fit I want to match up. I dont really have an opinion on that. Fitteds, the best I had were from Huf before it went online exclusively. Supreme camps are at that stage where you are being repped far too much or being grouped with a particular type of low life scum by hipster elites.
February 14, 2013 @ 02:19 PM
Moogy

Fair enough, I respect that. But i am the type that doesn't like attention, I hardly discuss my sneakers with hype staff even though I know some of them know jack and own jack.

5-panels, I have so many different tiers from supreme for any fit I want to match up. I dont really have an opinion on that. Fitteds, the best I had were from Huf before it went online exclusively. Supreme camps are at that stage where you are being repped far too much or being grouped with a particular type of low life scum by hipster elites.
"Supreme camps are at that stage where you are being repped far too much or being grouped with a particular type of low life scum by hipster elites."

Very well put, bro. I totally understand where you're coming from, and that's basically one of the main reasons why I've started to dump and sell my camps. Not to mention I feel as if hats in general a tad immature/child-ish (that's just me though). I personally feel as if I'm maturing up and hence why I'm slowly gradually changing my style. 
February 15, 2013 @ 01:01 AM
lovedmndlife

^^^^^^^ good read

instagram/twitter: dadonnyd

February 15, 2013 @ 02:47 AM
hundredyen

The exclusivity was lost a long time ago. If you still want that(not sure if people know I am wearing a white oxford or that it is visvim) Im not sure how you go ahead with it but Id like to hear some opinions

In regards to exclusiveness: 
I reckon it mostly applies to most people who know what the other person is wearing. IE, let's say I walked past someone who was wearing the Supreme Shibuya t-shirt. Most people would either believe it's a fake or a regular t-shirt, but to us, we already know that t-shirt costs over 200 hundred dollars, let alone it's rare as fuck. 

your'e a douche.

instagram: @timchuan

February 15, 2013 @ 11:35 AM
Rhapsody

your'e a douche.
Look I can sympathize with him regarding that whole point, getting rep. As an introvert, it doesnt do anything for me but I have met a lot of others who do it just for that recognition. My personal opinion is as follows, its not about the brands and the exclusivity but about your entire fit. Throwing pieces together based solely on brand and exclusivity never works, you look ass in the end.

Back on to CK's brands, I agree that most of them brands(I even liked them at one stage) have sold out and had to  survive because of the economic climate. For example, LRG have always been about being inclusive, it was a primary ethos of the brand. Huf, obey and crooks have never been that exclusive in the USA(after 200. I remember buying crooks from Capsule(were called fresh-in) back in 2007, the stuff was so badly made and looked like it would fall apart any minute. Here are pictures of a few fitteds I had HB members pick up for me from Huf and The Hundreds;
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7094141/IMG_20130215_214338.jpg
(left - remmeber when shemagh were in lol?, right - best cap to wear with your tiff dunks, the grail item of mid 00s)

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7094141/IMG_20130215_214748.jpg
(left- hall of fame colab, right - san fran store opening)

These caps were pretty rare in sydney and I enjoyed discussing the brands with the guys from halfsleeve(before they opened the store).

edit:links
February 16, 2013 @ 03:37 AM
inaninstant

I remember heading to the states when i first got into street wear back in 2007. the only place you could buy BBC in oz was some shop in sydney which sold tee's for $250 and hats for like $300...went to fred segal in L.A and they had a sale on got a few bbc tee's for $30 each and a hat for $35....fuck we get ripped off sometimes. At least street wear getting more popular in australia has brought the prices down a bit
February 16, 2013 @ 08:54 AM
joliver

I hate the word street wear and I hate Culture Kings.
February 18, 2013 @ 12:49 AM
Rhapsody

Anyone remember Cobra stores in the late 90s lol? Used to stock sean john, roca, fubu, ecko and a shit ton more. It would be like a sydney karmaloop if it actually lasted till now.
February 19, 2013 @ 06:11 AM
rondonvolante

Nitrogen was great back in the noughties.
March 4, 2013 @ 02:11 AM
L.G.W.H.4000

I remember heading to the states when i first got into street wear back in 2007. the only place you could buy BBC in oz was some shop in sydney which sold tee's for $250 and hats for like $300...went to fred segal in L.A and they had a sale on got a few bbc tee's for $30 each and a hat for $35....fuck we get ripped off sometimes. At least street wear getting more popular in australia has brought the prices down a bit
dude I live in the US now, and I remember paying those rape prices back when I still lived in Brisbane. With a strong Aussie dollar its literally cheaper to buy it from the US. I proxy for people back home in Australia with things from America all the time and they save so much cash. I know we have higher pay rates and stuff, but sometimes its just nuts. If you guys ever need anything, hit me up, I charge a really reasonable fee. 

When I was back home visiting in July I didnt even bother going into Culture Kings.. the way you guys describe it, it kind of sounds like zumiez and pacsun. 

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/forum/topic/168595/? #post-3381365

March 4, 2013 @ 11:12 AM
inaninstant

dude I live in the US now, and I remember paying those rape prices back when I still lived in Brisbane. With a strong Aussie dollar its literally cheaper to buy it from the US. I proxy for people back home in Australia with things from America all the time and they save so much cash. I know we have higher pay rates and stuff, but sometimes its just nuts. If you guys ever need anything, hit me up, I charge a really reasonable fee. 

When I was back home visiting in July I didnt even bother going into Culture Kings.. the way you guys describe it, it kind of sounds like zumiez and pacsun. 
TBH I wish it pas like pacsun haha.

But cheers for the offer, luckily most places ship to AUS now. However brands that i want like black scale charge $70 shipping to AUS to a Pullover Hoody. And SSUR are just as bad :/ so I gotta hope Karmaloop gets some of the items I want.

Please login first to reply.