The Japan Lovers Thread

October 25, 2010 @ 15:00:37
trust us weve noticed.
November 11, 2010 @ 20:49:36
I'm gonna try and make it out there in the next year after I brush up on my Japanese (Minored in college, but I'm rusty now.) What's a good amount of time to visit? A week seems too short to really get a decent amount out of the trip but I know it's expensive so don't wanna break the bank and stay for months.
November 19, 2010 @ 07:21:01
10 days is plenty if you just plan on staying inside Tokyo. For all its charms and hype, when you break it down it's just a big ass city. And unless you have local friends to show you all the hidden gems (shops, bars/clubs, restaurants etc.) you could see all the tourist shit in 2 days. There really isn't anything of real substance in this town. It's only good for 4 things: Shopping, eating, partying and fucking.
If you plan on visiting the Kansai area, Kyoto and Osaka, which I HIGHLY recommend then 2 weeks will suffice. Budget completely depends on lifestyle. Shopping, eating and partying is expensive in this town though.
November 29, 2010 @ 14:16:08
Staying in Japan for a month starting Dec 18. can't wait for all the fucking ramen, takoyaki, chu-hi, hakone, 320 yen packs of lucky strikes, fujisan. fuuuuuuccccccckkkkkkkkkk
November 29, 2010 @ 14:22:59
Staying in Japan for a month starting Dec 18. can't wait for all the fucking ramen, takoyaki, chu-hi, hakone, 320 yen packs of lucky strikes, fujisan. fuuuuuuccccccckkkkkkkkkk

i been lookin for takoyaki for a month now in the chi... no luck -_____-
November 30, 2010 @ 22:17:42
im planning a trip to Japan for next year still unsure which part though
December 01, 2010 @ 02:57:21
SMH ya'll hype up Japan so much... Cboom pretty much sumed it up. You won't fully enjoy and appreciate japan unless you have someone to show you around. Getting all excited to eat Ramen is dumb ass hell. Like really your gonna pay that much money just to experience authentic ramen. The hype dies fast once you see how fast your money goes and how expensive it is to enjoy yourself out there. With that said if you don't experience places like Nagoya/Kyoto/Osaka you are really missing out on the nicer side of Japan. If you go to the real Tokyo not the district you'll see nothing but buisness suits... Chu Hi is pretty bomb though and i don't even like beer. I miss Coco Ichi Bana though real talk... Chicken Cutlet level 5 with double meat and 600 grams of rice yesssiiirrr...

-THiZZ
December 06, 2010 @ 21:55:25

Smokes just went up in price. 440 yen/pack. What's funny is that the Japanese made a huge stink about it but it's still have the price compared to where I'm from.

Hit me up if you're in Tokyo.
December 07, 2010 @ 16:01:48
that's more of an annoying tax raise than an effective one.. arriving on the 14th now and yeah i'll be around tokyo man. i'll hit you up.
December 08, 2010 @ 09:57:58
Smokes just went up in price. 440 yen/pack. What's funny is that the Japanese made a huge stink about it but it's still have the price compared to where I'm from.

Hit me up if you're in Tokyo.

Yo my ♥♥♥♥♥ might be heading that way this summer...me and my homgirl might be coming for like 7-10 days... Its still up in the air at the moment but you stay in the Tokyo district? Probably gonna stay in Roppongi cause its cheap...

-THiZZ
December 11, 2010 @ 04:28:31
Hi
How are the shops open during New years time? I'm going to visit Tokyo 31.12.-4.1. Will the shops all the shops be open during that period? Do maybe have any sales around that time?

Thanks so much.

Bishop
December 13, 2010 @ 01:45:51
Arriving at Narita around 4PM tomorrow. Which bar do you work at cboom?

On another note ferry corsten is performing at ageha on saturday. Saw him the last time he was there and it was dope. Thinking about hitting that up. I really want to roll too but dropping 5000 yen on some exo hurts a bit.

hitting up my local ichirokuya as soon as i get settled in and i can't wait.
December 13, 2010 @ 03:31:00
How are the shops open during New years time? I'm going to visit Tokyo 31.12.-4.1. Will the shops all the shops be open during that period? Do maybe have any sales around that time?

Thanks so much.

Bishop

most shops will be closed on new years day. some maybe open.

everything should be open on the 2nd

lots of places will have a new year sale which is generally the biggest sale of the year

have a great time!

www.nagoyayom.com

December 13, 2010 @ 13:48:28
Might head out there again for Golden Week. When is Summer Sonic? Any of yall on civilian status over there or just military? Also if your civ what do you do?
December 14, 2010 @ 02:32:37
I work at the Oak Door bar in the Grand Hyatt hotel. It's mad swanky so bring the paperwork to re-mortage your house.
I'll PM you my info.
December 22, 2010 @ 09:38:05
haha shit i've been back here for a week now and i've been plastered almost every night. i love waking up and seeing fujisan gracing the horizon. taking the buses and trains is so damn peaceful compared to the USA. probably going to be at HUBS in roppongi tomorrow dropping some ales and DKs. new years, i don't even know. cboom you got any MDMA connects over here? you should come have a brew tomorrow if you ain't busy.
December 22, 2010 @ 17:27:05
haha shit i've been back here for a week now and i've been plastered almost every night. i love waking up and seeing fujisan gracing the horizon. taking the buses and trains is so damn peaceful compared to the USA. probably going to be at HUBS in roppongi tomorrow dropping some ales and DKs. new years, i don't even know. cboom you got any MDMA connects over here? you should come have a brew tomorrow if you ain't busy.

LLLLOOOOLLLLL!!!!!

Seriously dude, last thing you wanna do it get caught with drugs in Japan - not worth it.

EDIT: If you dgaf about drug laws, hit up Trump Room, last time I was there quite a few people were on pingas so you can try score some there.
December 22, 2010 @ 17:29:38
my girlfriend is japanese lullulul
December 22, 2010 @ 20:03:11
haha. i'm fucking around. i've always wanted a girlfriend with a little bit of nihonjin in her, though.
January 10, 2011 @ 19:04:25
That's a really nice bar.
Remember most of the staff being foreign last time I been there.
Is it still the same?
May 15, 2011 @ 07:05:23
staying in japan for 3 months. arriving there this wednesday. anybody down to skate and chill on some nihonshu?
July 12, 2011 @ 16:05:53
I'm interested in going to tokyo for a few months early 2012, has anyone stayed in a guest home out there? How was it? I'm trying to figure out what's the best place to stay while in town since I don't have any family out that way.
August 02, 2011 @ 06:40:42
I'm flying into Osaka on the 6th of next month. Totally fucking pissing myself because I've never been overseas by myself and I know no one in Osaka. I'm spending 30 days in Japan before making my way across to LA. Gonna try to aim for Kobe, Kyoto, Tokyo and Hiroshima. Anyone in Osaka wanna show an Aussie around for a day or two?

This post is hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

Please login first to reply.
x