The Japan Lovers Thread

April 08, 2009 @ 16:36:39 PM
if im 18 is that good enough to travel to tokyo by myself? or do you recommend me being 21+ first?
April 08, 2009 @ 20:41:49 PM
i think 18 is good
me and mikeezy were only 16 and doin it and doin it in tokyo
April 09, 2009 @ 07:02:46 AM
lol

welcome to the light side Helgen :D

www.nagoyayom.com

April 09, 2009 @ 09:51:44 AM
Lol at both of you spelling yakiniku wrong.

oh cool
April 10, 2009 @ 11:06:18 AM
Anyone know how hard it is to get into Womb? I'm in tokyo right now but 2 months away from being 20 tongueface possible to get in or no chance ?
April 10, 2009 @ 11:13:25 AM
Womb is farely easy to get into...just don't use your passport as a form of id if they ask. I don't even think Womb cards but i could be wrong. If you look old enough they usually let you in...

-THiZZ
April 10, 2009 @ 12:28:12 PM
Lol at both of you spelling yakiniku wrong.

I'll probably head back over there for some more clubbing in the fall, this time I'll be with a straight up party head group that knows all the good clubs around shibuya, since that place has a lot of bars and clubs.

Last time I went, my friend was too busy to take me around, since I'm not fucking paying $30 to some shit I'm not sure if it's good or not, but glad to know I won't have to be paying for any clubs when my peeps are around.

I'm only really missing that feeling I had while being in Tokyo, a feeling of not being able to tell the difference between reality and a dream, because just looking up at the buildings and walking around there through the big streets of Shinjuku and shit, it seemed like a dream, like in the architecture magazines I saw of Japan (which originally sparked my interest to go there in the first place.)

Nah, I miss the shabu shabu, my friend worked in a Gyukaku around Hebi near Tachikawa, fucking free shabu shabu all night and soba, yes.

Yeah, Gusto and Royal Host is the shit, but you can't forget Sukiya, and Mos Burgers "Rice Burger," dear god... Yebisu... Biru... Best beer ever.

I miss my little hangout spots in kabukicho... I love and hate that street at the same time, there's something about it, it's like such a grimey small piss in the corner/old school forty duece, NYC.

Miss coming back in the morning piss drunk on the fucking JR then the monorail and somehow finding my way home then making a cup ramen and passing out, only to do the next thing the same day, since you can drink outside. (Totally had to take advantage of that.)

The way females try to scope me out on the train and them saying things to their friends and giggle with that sexy eye look.... Awwww right.

How sorry everyone is for the slightest of mistakes.

Although we've had our words and disagreements in the past I cosign every single one of these feelings. I suppose it's a universal fish out of water experience but unique for people of our age and interests experiencing Japan.

Womb is a lot of fun but MAD sweaty. Like bath house in there.
April 11, 2009 @ 05:10:52 AM
damn gusto

i need some of that right now
April 11, 2009 @ 09:12:19 AM
Sup wid it... how old are you when your gonna be there? it does play a big factor in it...

-THiZZ

shyt when I git there I will be 26
April 13, 2009 @ 08:50:38 AM
I wish I had a chance to go to Womb, and Velfarre when it was open smh

I want to go to a true dance club next time, hip hop clubs are boring there because nobody can dance for shit, and if you do one dance move they never seen, people bother you and ask your info and shit.

Damn Velfarre was hella sick...those big ass steps and then the elevator to the big club. It was designed really well. Really did change my impression of what a club could be like in Japan...

-THiZZ
April 13, 2009 @ 12:58:30 PM
anatano namaiwa nandeska?

anatta no namaewa nandesuka
April 13, 2009 @ 18:25:56 PM
good luck dude

This post is hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

April 14, 2009 @ 05:15:43 AM
the only way to advertise

gdcC3ZiN4dY
April 14, 2009 @ 12:12:34 PM
I ain't never had no beef with you dog, I don't even know who you really are lol. But I seen your name a lot, but it's all good in the hood. Keep it real, hope to see cats in JP next time?

Damn you! You got to go there! Man, I hope we could all go someday. I'm somewhat expected to literally live and stay in Nagano sometime around this year or next, but I have to situate how I'm going to sublet my apartment here in NYC to make money for paying rent in Japan.

Yea it was really nice. When you got to the top of the stairs you would walk into like a lounge/posh type area. They had some tables and whatnot and of course the lockers. They had a small little dj set up in the area with flat screens playing random videos. And then if you walk down this hallway they had two big elevators. And as you wait in the elevator they had music play and the lights would flash like a club as it went down. And when you got to the bottom floor they had vending machines that you put your money into and purchase drink tickets. So the guys at the bar never take your money only the machines do. And the dance floor was huge. And around the dance floor they had staggered levels with tables and chairs. And of course the VIP sections that are walled off with glass walls and whatnot. And the second floor was for high profile VIP
May 03, 2009 @ 15:24:12 PM
cant wait to experience this stuff
May 08, 2009 @ 02:19:12 AM
I'm planning a 1 week trip to shibuya/shinjuku/harujuku-asakusa/akihabara 100 bucks a day, no sleep, train station locker extravaganza
May 08, 2009 @ 02:38:45 AM
Man I love Japan. Always wanted to visit.

Any manga/anime lovers in here?
May 09, 2009 @ 14:09:43 PM
I'm planning a 1 week trip to shibuya/shinjuku/harujuku-asakusa/akihabara 100 bucks a day, no sleep, train station locker extravaganza

haha forreal? good luck dude
go to roppongi

Man I love Japan. Always wanted to visit.

Any manga/anime lovers in here?

the only animated stuff i've ever seen is miyazaki movies/akira...good shit tho

mikeezy if you read this how was prom? CUZ U DON'T HIT ME UP ON FACEBOOK !!!
May 10, 2009 @ 05:54:53 AM
actual prom was gay. i went to roppongi aftetrwards and met some bitches from brooklyn. i got fucking wasted man but it was actually pretty dope besides the fact i spent most of the night in that shit matrix bar. i was out last night too. everyone was taking shots of spirytus and yo your boy phillip was fucked up man. he had to be carried around most of the night by some hoes. i just chilled with the brazilian dudes in front of club99, lame as fuuuuucccckkkk. when are you returning to me baby?
May 10, 2009 @ 14:29:49 PM
has anyone been out to the APC outlet just outside of tokyo? is it worth the long ass trip?

also, anyone got the newest tokyo superguide? for may 09

This post is hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

May 10, 2009 @ 20:57:06 PM
i missed u sza
May 10, 2009 @ 21:00:55 PM
actual prom was gay. i went to roppongi aftetrwards and met some bitches from brooklyn. i got fucking wasted man but it was actually pretty dope besides the fact i spent most of the night in that shit matrix bar. i was out last night too. everyone was taking shots of spirytus and yo your boy phillip was fucked up man. he had to be carried around most of the night by some hoes. i just chilled with the brazilian dudes in front of club99, lame as fuuuuucccckkkk. when are you returning to me baby?

haha yeah i heard it was gay. mine is this coming weeekend i think KHS's could shit on it though. man no offense but i feel bad for you and a few others in our grade. because next year there won't be anybody. was they good lookin? holla! haaaaaa phil boy. what a guy. man matt told me how he was about to get at emme but it didn't work out. club 99? i think ray wanted to go there last year. and yes it seemed rather lame. duuuuuuuude if my boss gives me hours i'd have enough $$$ by winter break to go there but idk man.

May 31, 2009 @ 18:32:39 PM
Yeah, so I'm going back to Japan for good this time... Well I'll come back and forth, but I'll definitely live there now with my wife and kid.

I'll be staying in Nagasaki (not navy base though,) in Sasebo.

Anybody close to there? Let me know.

that's cool man. there are some cool americans in sasebo. is yo wife japanese?
June 02, 2009 @ 21:01:28 PM
I'll be in Yokohama this Friday!

I'll be there for about a week. Don't know what i'll be doing there... so hit me up!

hb, holla!
June 03, 2009 @ 14:04:03 PM
damn crazy helgen didnt know you were married and had a kid SHIT GOod job congrats
June 13, 2009 @ 12:34:31 PM
if any *****s are down in nippon. just drop your cell number or hit me up for mine and we'll chill and shit. even if some herb is 5000 yen a g down here.
June 14, 2009 @ 02:28:54 AM
woah Helg never knew it was like that, congratulations bro.

I just bought my ticket for June 27th , staying 2 stops away from Ueno
Please login first to reply.
x