The Japan Lovers Thread

November 25, 2008 @ 14:14:57

50th anniversary of tokyo tower, guys. Damn i dont even really like/follow bearbricks, but i might try to get this one. heres my old flickr that i forgot the password to, if you guys wanna see some ok pictures in my last few weeks there.
http://flickr.com/photos/27725096@N06/

i have alot of stuff on photobucket but i needa find them....also had alot on my hard drive but my hard drive crashed

heres my friends flickr he updates it day to day i think. next bobby hundreds
http://flickr.com/photos/27520095@N08/
November 26, 2008 @ 08:24:42
You know why they call it cocoichi? For the hit of coke they sneak in in each dish. Obviously explains the addiciton. No shit, when I first got to Japan I was going atleast 4-5 times a week.

I kinda dug Gaspanic if nothing else for being a good way to start a night. If your Japanese amounts to squat the staff there speak enough to make the place seem attractive enough "happy hour! cheap drinks!". It's also a decent place to meet other peeps that are out that night and see where the next party is, usually copped a flyer or two for free entry into clubs.

I dug Harlem in Shibuya, although it just felt too western. I remember walking out at like 4-5am and thinking to myself "oh yeah, I'm still in Japan", then subsequently grabbing some curry-pan at Lawsons.

Amen to Nagoya/Kyoto>Tokyo.

Although I'm partly biased since I lived in Gifu for a year. But Nagoya shopping was the shit. Sakae for high end brands, Ossu for mad street style. I have to admit I liked Harajuku and Omotesandou but it was just so touristy. I remember walking into a cafe and ordering a coffee, but the dude was like "sorry you gotta order a piece of food as well". The fuck is that?

Kyoto to me was a place where the more refined foreigners hang out met a lot of interesting people there. As opposed to Tokyo where all you see are the sleazy huge white guys who are out thinking they can get some easy poon.

November 26, 2008 @ 08:25:55
Hahahahahaahahahahaha some of the best spaghetti I've ever had is from Japan, yo. They got their food-game on lockdown.

You had better luck than me bra.

I ordered a carbonara and got spaghetti pasta in a thin milky coloured soup with a raw egg cracked over it >.>;

November 27, 2008 @ 18:05:08
don't forget village vanguard

you can get lost in that shop for ages...

threads like this makes me mad natsukashii... i'm leaving this thread now...
November 27, 2008 @ 22:16:15
whats omotesando again? man i know ive heard of it, maybe been there....idk though
yo calintz......your dp is..........AMAZING
its about to be snowboarding season again up in northern honshu and up north, has anyone been? i miss it too much best ssnowboarding ever.
but the exact opposite weather is down in okinawa, which was amazing as well
November 27, 2008 @ 23:44:41
Awwww maaan, y'all are bringin tears to my eyes. I miss Japan so much it hurts my body. I've had the privilege of visiting twice. Saw the whole country on a rail pass the first time, even did a homestay. Second time was all Tokyo though. I miss nursing my hangovers with Pocari Sweat, late night feedings at Mos Burger, shot gunning 1L cans of Asahi in the street while locals watch in absolute disbelief haha, the joy goes on forever. Saw the Large Professor perform at Space Lab Yellow and to whoever mentioned Vuenos in Shibuya, you now what's up, great club. I've done all the culture and tourist stuff in Hokkaido, Kyoto and Hiroshima and it is life changing. Wouldn't trade and of it for anything but NOTHING in the world beats partying and shopping in Tokyo(Osaka a close second, better food, less attitude).
I would really like to live a portion of my life there, in fact, I'm making it a goal of mine. I have friends in Tokyo and all that ish but unfortunately I don't have a degree. I'm planning on doing a Working Holiday too.(being Canadian does have it's perks believe it or not, since Japan doesn't offer it to Americans).
Any insight from you guys on how you made your living there?
Sorry for the rant, got me excited, even pulled me out of lurk mode.
December 01, 2008 @ 12:51:21
Awwww maaan, y'all are bringin tears to my eyes. I miss Japan so much it hurts my body. I've had the privilege of visiting twice. Saw the whole country on a rail pass the first time, even did a homestay. Second time was all Tokyo though. I miss nursing my hangovers with Pocari Sweat, late night feedings at Mos Burger, shot gunning 1L cans of Asahi in the street while locals watch in absolute disbelief haha, the joy goes on forever. Saw the Large Professor perform at Space Lab Yellow and to whoever mentioned Vuenos in Shibuya, you now what's up, great club. I've done all the culture and tourist stuff in Hokkaido, Kyoto and Hiroshima and it is life changing. Wouldn't trade and of it for anything but NOTHING in the world beats partying and shopping in Tokyo(Osaka a close second, better food, less attitude).
I would really like to live a portion of my life there, in fact, I'm making it a goal of mine. I have friends in Tokyo and all that ish but unfortunately I don't have a degree. I'm planning on doing a Working Holiday too.(being Canadian does have it's perks believe it or not, since Japan doesn't offer it to Americans).
Any insight from you guys on how you made your living there?
Sorry for the rant, got me excited, even pulled me out of lurk mode.

Hahaha yes...actually i was put on to the whole Shibuya club scene by my japanese friend. He was like if you think Roppongi is great go to Shibuya with me these girls here are shit most of them are dirty. The whole atmosphere of Vuenos alone is great. And the DJ's are hella good at mixing up the variety of songs and not just SOUTH MUSIC!!!

I do miss the 7-11 rice balls and red tea(the sweet one). Oh and the yakaniku joints is on point too. As far as making a living you can get an easy tutoring job if you know a little bit of japanese or better yet if you know someone that can get you connected. Its easy and fast moneyblushing...
December 01, 2008 @ 16:22:35
Yakuniku!!!! oh man............i about forgot about that stuff. there was this stand in an alleyway that everyone went to...a yakuniku stick was 60 yen. make a whole meal off of that.
but usually i did that, went to cocos if i was hungry, yoshinoya if i was down for whatever (yosh is my favorite though), or hit up the convienence stores/bakeries for random stuff. miss it so much!

my bud is gonna send me a jar of cocos curry powder around now....im stoked but i know its not gonna be no cocos. i need to find some nan bread!
December 01, 2008 @ 21:55:27
hey guys
im heading to japan at the end of the week for 4 weeks
any tips on stuff i should go check out?
December 01, 2008 @ 23:17:14
whats omotesando again? man i know ive heard of it, maybe been there....idk though

next to harajuku, like literally a road away from harajuku station
December 02, 2008 @ 00:15:08
I want to go but for more wrong then right reasons. Imma have to learn some of the language b/c I want to see some drifting. None of that track shit either, straight touge. Next is the women.....speaks for itself.

One thing I hate though is all those fucking nigerians and other africans, who front like they from NY or LA. I hate that shit! I hate it cause, that's what I would look like when I go. I'll wear a shirt saying "I'm not a frontin' african" Damn it pisses me off.
December 02, 2008 @ 03:00:37
I want to go but for more wrong then right reasons. Imma have to learn some of the language b/c I want to see some drifting. None of that track shit either, straight touge. Next is the women.....speaks for itself.

One thing I hate though is all those fucking nigerians and other africans, who front like they from NY or LA. I hate that shit! I hate it cause, that's what I would look like when I go. I'll wear a shirt saying "I'm not a frontin' african" Damn it pisses me off.

Yeah, they're really annoying always trying to get you to go into their store and shit. I can never go to Harajuku without getting hassled by them.
December 02, 2008 @ 13:14:08

Their like lions you just don't make eye contact with them. As far as touge's are concerned good luck with that. Its very hard to get people to take you up there. Also the cops usually chill at the summits waiting for you to either finish or meet up in the summit parking lots and just start handing out tickets for people doing warm ups in the parking lot. I went to a few touges and it was pretty fun one was when it was snowing...

-THiZZ
December 04, 2008 @ 15:38:03
anyone play 360? i was looking through this magazine and saw a preview for this upcoming game called "Ninja Blade". At first, I was like ehhhhhh....but it seems pretty cool to me now. I guess its like ninja gaiden in tokyo, and it has the major JR train stations, landmarks, neighborhoods, etc. I dont know if its open-world though

http://www.ninja-blade.com/
December 17, 2008 @ 07:03:53
I live in Nagoya blushing

www.nagoyayom.com

December 18, 2008 @ 00:05:49
I been to Japan before. I didnt get to go to Tokyo though... I went to Osaka, Kyoto and most of the time spent there I was in Nagasaki. It was the best time of my life. Osaka was dope I guess its like a smaller version of Tokyo. I wish I knew about all the drifting that went down in Osaka when I was theresmh back then I didnt really know about drifting too much. I want to go back soo bad, I loved the scenery. Best trip ever!

EDIT: Everyone there was so damn friendly too! And its so damn clean and perfect! lol.
January 27, 2009 @ 13:40:26
whats up tomodachi

March 12, 2009 @ 21:52:28
bump

whats up nihonheads
March 13, 2009 @ 22:00:23
Hahahahaha. Holy fuck, Joseph Dunn! i didn't know your ass was on here. i'm about to go get fucked up with luc and riker at denny's kouen or some shit. i wish you were here, broseph.
March 14, 2009 @ 07:58:58
japan...
hmm I wana go to Kyoto, Hiroshima, Sapporo, Tokyo, pretty much anywhere in Japan LOL
March 30, 2009 @ 20:13:01
I am stuck in fucking Hokkaido for the whole year. Fuck my life.
March 31, 2009 @ 07:03:04
the finest milk.
March 31, 2009 @ 11:25:54

Wear something warm i heard it gets hella cold up there...

-THiZZ
March 31, 2009 @ 15:19:07
anatano namaiwa nandeska? that's all i know, but yeah i've always wanted to go there. i lived in south korea for 9 years but never got the chance to make the jump. maybe some day.
March 31, 2009 @ 20:54:53
Hahahahaha. Holy fuck, Joseph Dunn! i didn't know your ass was on here. i'm about to go get fucked up with luc and riker at denny's kouen or some shit. i wish you were here, broseph.

what the fuck mikey o'brien!?!
shit dude i love you. yeah man now you know VA sucks. mannnn well yeah i got that job now so i will see u dudes winter break or some shit hopefully man. miss you too baby m <3

ps- doesnt duke stay in hokkaido now or some shit
April 01, 2009 @ 00:45:47
yeah, he's somewhere up north working at a ski/snowboard resort until april 19. come back this summer, man. shit would be ill as fuck. ily 2
April 01, 2009 @ 21:05:06

then this guy should find him
how did u know it was me man?!?! haha
baby gil
April 02, 2009 @ 10:11:06
i had a fun filled night of drinking baby gil and smoking some hawaiin snow with indian dudes from st. mary's. then i came home, logged on to HB for the first time in months. and then.... i just fucking knew dude.
April 03, 2009 @ 02:42:56
Yea I'm going to Tokyo for about 8 days in August for my b-day and tips on what to git into

Whut up Thizz it's bapehead74 from bt

-Freddy Chevy
April 07, 2009 @ 10:42:51
Sup wid it... how old are you when your gonna be there? it does play a big factor in it...

-THiZZ
Please login first to reply.
x