From an Australian/actually living here point of view you're obviously right. But Sydney is made for tourists.
The Sydney vs Melbourne argument has been done to death and a fair comparison will highlight an equal number of positives and negatives for both cities, ie no clear winner.
From my personal experience;
- Looking at a map whilst in Melbourne resulted in people approaching me and asking if I needed help. In Sydney, 99% of the time the only people who will approach you are drunks or beggars.
- Cuisine, Melb >>>> Sydney
- Beaches, Syd >>>> Melb
- Public Transport, Melb > Syd
- Fashion, Music, Art, Architecture or anything else of artistic merit.. Melbourne by a length.
- Weather, neither is fantastic imho.
- Who is the bigger sell out? ..Sydney lol