HK vs Japan prices

April 04, 2008 @ 00:06:01
I was wondering how different the prices are between the two countries(i will be going to both (most likely just tokyo in japan), but will probably be limited to exploring in HK as will be going on a tour in japan) regarding the general brands here

Uniqlo, Mastermind, Number(n)ine, visvim, NBHD etc (i know ive named all japanese brands here but i cant remember others lol help me with that please.)

Also considering that I will be converting from Australian Dollars with will have an advantage in the HK market due to the weak US dollar so keep that in mind.

Cheers
April 04, 2008 @ 14:18:50
i know uniqlo prices in hk and japan are similar. visvim in hk is more expensive than compared to japan. for the other brands you listed, i find that hk is mostly resellers so the prices are more expensive than japans.
April 05, 2008 @ 11:34:36
Thanks guys, I'll post more as i think of them.

On another note, what would be the price of a basic tee in uniqlo and do they have any good slim fitting denim? (sadly uniqlo is nowhere to be found in australia)
April 05, 2008 @ 15:27:58
last time i went, it was like 80hkd or in japan 1200yen...something around there. try looking for for uniqlo s000 if you are into raw jeans, its slim too.
April 05, 2008 @ 17:36:41
Yeah all the Japanese brands are usually cheaper in Japan from my experience. HK resellers jack up the price, and the actual stores in HK rarely have any good stock other than Uniqlo. I'm not sure if this is the case with Tokyo but while I was in Osaka in June/July last year there were summer sales EVERYWHERE. My friend told me they usually have crazy sales around that time, if you are planning to go around then.
April 05, 2008 @ 23:45:39
yeah definitely more expensive in hk

most resellers use the "10 count" method, where a NBHD tee is bout 6300yen, they will divide by 10, and but they usually ranged at 690-780HKD ahha... they definitely use this method for jeans and shoes and all that

but if u wanna look for something specific, hk is prolly ez'er to find it hahah
for example, a larger number of the fenom goto hk market anyways becuz all the resellers
April 06, 2008 @ 02:19:43
What about the availability of regular streetwear (mostly US) brands found here, eg WeSC, Orisue, Triumvir, Supreme, 10 Deep, Homeroom, C&C
April 06, 2008 @ 04:06:04
supreme retail in japan was about 60 dollars per tee at the store. supreme is obviously going to be rape in hk. the only other brand i've seen in hk that you mentioned is 10deep which was sold at evergreen.
April 07, 2008 @ 03:21:20
Anything under the IT umbrella Visvim, Hoods-related etc will have a mark up.

It's obvious resellers will have a higher price since they aren't official dealers and don't pay the cost price
April 07, 2008 @ 07:29:08
If i had limited time in hk, which double park/IT would i go to? with the largest range, times square? EXIT?

When im leaving im guessing ill only have a few days (2-4) in hk and doubt ill be able to go shopping in japan (not even sure where i'll be going but itll probably be on a tour) so i guess I might be doing all my shopping in HK as its much more english friendly (even if i can understand limited cantonese lol)
im not so sure about japan? say if i walk into a uniqlo or muji in japan would i be able to easily communicate with the SAs with only english? or smaller boutiques (dior homme, NBHD, bape, whatever?) even?

btw thanks for the replies guys, ill try to get some shopping done in japan hopefully.
April 08, 2008 @ 11:23:13
Go to the Double Park/IT in Fashion Walk (Patterson St???)

You can get by in Japan just fine... harder but I'm sure you can get by especially at bigger brands.
March 09, 2010 @ 04:51:49
i wud say japan is more expensive.. but hey.. it's worth it!!
March 26, 2010 @ 13:41:23
yeah! japan labels ftw!
April 05, 2010 @ 05:57:47

This post is hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

May 20, 2010 @ 08:31:05
you may find it easier to get your size in HK

This post is hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

Please login first to reply.
x