October 30, 2008 @ 11:23 AM
kikstertyo.

Hi all, where can i get Subcrew in HK. Going down during 17th Nov. any sales during that period? thanks for the info :]
October 31, 2008 @ 12:01 AM
Naked Pimp

^ Ummmm... to be honest, we try and keep the list updated, but it really depends on how many people help us out with info and stuff...

But any way, you can pick up CLOT obviously from Juice in Causeway Bay, as for Subcrew, there is a store in President Shopping Center in the basement level, so you can check there...

As for Neighborhood and Supreme, best bet is just to run around re-seller shops and stuff, otherwise check out places HOODS in central...

Hi all, where can i get Subcrew in HK. Going down during 17th Nov. any sales during that period? thanks for the info :]

READING is fundamental, especially when the info was only one page behind... razz
November 2, 2008 @ 11:23 AM
coolxplayer

hey i was wondering if there is any other nike outlet in hong kong? i found some information online last week and went to the SUPPOSEDLY still exists nike outlet in kwun tong, but it is no longer there. so is there any other ones?
November 2, 2008 @ 10:31 PM
Eugene K.

There is one in Tung Chung. Hella far, there are a few outlets there like Nike, adidas, New Balance etc. Very end of the MTR line....

www.citygateoutlets.com.hk/index.html
subway.umka.org/maps/hong-kong.gif
November 4, 2008 @ 12:00 PM
Zlatan

Not so much a shopping related question, but still relevant...

The crotch of my Levi's co.jp's blew out and I'm looking for a place to do a very high quality and key word: STEALTHY repair. Specifically, I'm not keen on really erratic sewing, barbarous and hihgly VISIBLE repairs done on a pair which is heavy in my denim rotation.

My girlfriend's mom told me to check out those little "dong"s in Central at the Pedder Street exit.Can anyone vouch for their quality in repairs?

Thanks to the regulars; Pimp, Eugene or anyone who can provide any assistance.
November 4, 2008 @ 07:31 PM
Jetse

Where to get Supreme Van Chukkas, they were in milk a while ago i cant remember which issue.
November 9, 2008 @ 08:20 AM
Ra-u

This might of been mentioned before - but which double park / exit has the tier-o account? Cleveland steet & Pacific place is it? confused
November 10, 2008 @ 09:35 AM
Ra-u

^^Thanks NP.
Is it the shit*y econamy or have the has BAPE become more expensive?
November 11, 2008 @ 12:05 AM
Ra-u

^ If BAPE has become more expensive, its because the Japanese YEN has gone up compared to the HKD, which could potentially lead to a slightly higher price...

Yeh, i came over last year & i dont remember the prices being as high as they are now. Shame, because there was one or two nice pieces amongst the rest of the garbage when i called in last week.
November 11, 2008 @ 12:51 AM
deltez

hi,
how's the price of nhbd stuff in hoods?
is there alot of selection over there?
going over to HK in 2days time!
November 12, 2008 @ 06:44 AM
Ra-u

hi,
how's the price of nhbd stuff in hoods?
is there alot of selection over there?
going over to HK in 2days time!

To say it's overpriced is an understatement. Im a big fan of NBHD, but i think you could do alot more with your money when in HK.
November 12, 2008 @ 08:16 AM
Ra-u

On a different note, i went into a (black) 'chocoolate' store today for the first time. After passing it numerous times before & seeing it as 'not my thing' i was pretty suprised whilst looking around! Some really nice bits like thier varsity jackets, an M-65 jacket, a down vest (shame about the hood), cardigan & a few shirts too.
November 14, 2008 @ 12:23 PM
Potsnu

I'll be there from Dec. 14th to Jan 9th

Are there any X-Mas and Boxing day sales that we get over here?
November 15, 2008 @ 04:38 AM
Mr.Yellow

yeah chocolate is a HK brand, so is 2% etc. lots of hk made brand produces quality goods, eg. plain shit at a very very decent price.

if you really want NBHD etc, its better to get it second-hand in hk. so look for small consignment stores to dig out some goodies.
November 15, 2008 @ 04:44 AM
Mr.Yellow

yeah chocolate is a HK brand, so is 2% etc. lots of hk made brand produces quality goods, eg. plain shit at a very very decent price.

if you really want NBHD etc, its better to get it second-hand in hk. so look for small consignment stores to dig out some goodies.
November 15, 2008 @ 06:06 AM
menace2

yeah NBHD and pretty much any Japanese brand is overpriced in Hong Kong. I can see that kinda pricing from an American/European perspective, but considering HK's proximity to Jp i think it's ridiculous. Not to mention prices have been steadily rising season by season...a pair of NBHD denim is now what, $4,900? That's what the 'water' reseller shops used to charge...lol, i remember when Joyce started carrying N(N) and Undercover people were jumping for joy that they no longer had to pay reseller's rape prices, and then the legit shops took pricing cues right from them. Smart.
November 15, 2008 @ 08:02 PM
asterix

anyone ever been to that store in prince edward on fa yuen gai? they carry a bunch of neighborhood, cdg, etc. tees. is that stuff fake or what? where does all the crap come from? is there really a big enough market to sell that fake stuff? its not like its LV or somethin.
November 16, 2008 @ 07:16 AM
Eugene K.

A lot of these Japanese brands are licenesed to IT... and as exclusive retailers they charge their shit accordingly.
November 17, 2008 @ 12:13 AM
Naked Pimp

anyone ever been to that store in prince edward on fa yuen gai? they carry a bunch of neighborhood, cdg, etc. tees. is that stuff fake or what? where does all the crap come from? is there really a big enough market to sell that fake stuff? its not like its LV or somethin.

To answer your question, its not so much the fact that there is a big market for Fake Streetwear products, its more that there are a lot of people who buy fake products that don't even realize its fake to begin with leading to so many places stocking fakes... especially since they realized they can make more money off idiots buying fakes, then people buying legit goods...
November 23, 2008 @ 12:51 PM
VVV

I'm gonna miss the Christmas sales in HK...
Anyways, D-Mop sells some Japanese brands and kicks, my boyfriend and I like checking out that store when we're back there.
November 24, 2008 @ 10:40 AM
Ra-u

^ Dmop ain't too bad, i mean selection is some what limited in a way, but with so many stores under one corporation, it just takes a little looking around...

Yup, the I.T chain is pretty much running the show. Did any1 check out the sale shop in CB? Last week sometime? Oh, & the Dmop sale shop in TST too. Any bragins?
November 24, 2008 @ 09:45 PM
Eugene K.

I like at the list of brands for IT and it sucked pretty bad, didn't go though.

D-mop has little of interest to me brand-wise
November 25, 2008 @ 12:03 AM
Denny Crane

Does anyone know of any good glasses stores in Hong Kong? Or any places that sell vintage glasses?
November 25, 2008 @ 03:31 AM
menace2

^^^

go to that store in Causeway Bay...ahh shit i don't know its english name. Its at the bottom corner of the street right around the corner from PORTS, and has a 7-11 and Circle K convenience stores right across it. They have the best selection and brands. It is where I got my Oliver Goldsmiths.

I.T. failed in its overexpansion of the flagship store which was designed to house all the top designer brands and thus promote an image of luxury and status attached to the whole corporation, diffusing down to its local homemade brands. The problem is, in opening up more and more of these boutique 'emporiums' that keep getting bigger in scale and scope not only diluted its intended impact, it also created bigger losses for what was already a loss-leading department of the company.
November 26, 2008 @ 04:16 AM
Ra-u

^^^

I.T. failed in its overexpansion of the flagship store which was designed to house all the top designer brands and thus promote an image of luxury and status attached to the whole corporation, diffusing down to its local homemade brands. The problem is, in opening up more and more of these boutique 'emporiums' that keep getting bigger in scale and scope not only diluted its intended impact, it also created bigger losses for what was already a loss-leading department of the company.

Detailed analysis sir cool
November 26, 2008 @ 07:10 AM
Eugene K.

^^^

I think "Big IT" in itself is positioned fine. True they have many in-house labels but the fact these in-house labels are kept as separate as possible is the best possible outcome for IT. If somebody comes to HK for the first time, I doubt they'll associate Choocolate, Fingercroxx, Double Park etc with the high-fashion labels seen in "Big IT". However for people that realize and understand the relationship it may have an impact. But above all else, their stores are well-curated I feel, and the labels within the same genre (extreme example) but you aren't seeing XLarge next to like MMM.
November 26, 2008 @ 07:20 AM
menace2

that wasn't really the point i was tryin to get at...i don't think there's anything wrong with XLarge, Chocoolate, etc. being associated with the IT name/brand, after all those are more accessible to the regular customer on the street.

It's the fact that the capital letters IT flagship has expanded aggressively, when that stock, which is the most expensive from all of the company's standpoints, isn't moving well to begin with. Was at IT shanghai last month and they were already doin some pretty massive promotional discounts...i think it's fine to position this flagship to give off the company's image as one associated with refinement in a few key strategic locations. But at this point, any further expansion should be on the ground level brands like 5 cm, izzue, etc. rather than building more massive high fashion IT shops.
November 26, 2008 @ 07:49 AM
Eugene K.

Thanks for the explanation, having not been to the Shanghai IT location I can't really comment on that and I haven't been to a local IT in recent weeks either. But regardless are you refering to IT's mainland expansion or just expansion in general? I also question how recession proof the affluent who IT is marketed towards are reacting towards shopping.
November 26, 2008 @ 08:06 AM
menace2

yeah retail scene in general around these parts is kinda dead. I don't really shop for clothes much any more, although I go into the boutiques to look around when I have the time, and it seems to be the same everywhere. Mostly people comin in to look around.

IT had a pretty aggressive expansion within HK, the mainland, and i think was planning another huge (somewhere in the ballpark of 10,000 sq ft, which I don't think is wise) signature flagship in Macau, I think in the Venetian but looks like that's not happening now. I think some of those resources could have been allocated in promoting their homegrown, smaller and affordable brands with greater visibility rather than the brand-name empire building.

Seems like the money to be made in retail/clothing these days is mass-market, high street. No real room for high fashion any more, unless you're part of the LVMH/PPR conglomerate circlejerk, with a rare exception here and there like CdG, or Chanel.
November 27, 2008 @ 10:20 AM
goodwinmok

yooo
anyone know where i can get APC in hk?
thanks

Please login first to reply.