January 29, 2008 @ 08:29 AM
darky167

Hey was wondering if anyone knew if the LRG stuff they sell at the nitrogen store on george street are real or fakes? (i bought the dead serious hoody and im a little concerned now after discovering what i will type below)

I bought a new era cap from there and from what i could see when comparing with my other new era cap (which im sure is real) the tags on the one i bought from nitrogen were a little dodgy...

here are some pics of the tags

my legit cap

my 'nitrogen' cap

i dunno if u guys can see from the photos but u can kinda tell that the letters saying 'new era' and the size on the one from nitrogen looks a little bad quality as opposed to the legit one.. also the MLB logo onthe back of the one i got from nitrogen doesnt seem to look as clear either but i didnt bother with a photo of that because u'd prolly won't be able to see it on the black
January 29, 2008 @ 05:01 PM
calintz

yeah, I'm abit weary of Nitrogen

they have the SBTG SB Dunks there - and tho they sell it at $500, i have a gut feeling that it might be fake

same for their Bapesta selections...
January 29, 2008 @ 05:03 PM
Replicant

Nitrogen.....

The place just feels like a glorified stall from Paddys or any other flea market.

Steer clear imo.

January 29, 2008 @ 06:49 PM
dare2dream

As far as the LRG stuff my friend, they are REAL. They are the LRG distributors for OZ & NZ, the distro company is partners in Nitrogen. The shit they seel is real, even the Bape and BBC gear is real. I went to Japan last year and am heading off again ijn 4 weeks so I saw some fakes and real Bapes and BBC gear in Tokyo, Im 99% sure Nitrogen stuff is REAL.
I have talked to the owners quite a bit as we are getting our gear stocked there in the next month or so, as far as the SBTG SB Dunks, were brought in from OS, so thats why theyre real and expensive. All Bape gear is brought in from Japan, so pretty legit gear.
Replicant, Im hearing you as far as the feel of the joint, not like the BBC store in Tokyo by a long shot, but I think theyre looking for some new locations around town to renovate and create a sweet store.
Hope this helps Dudesmile
January 30, 2008 @ 01:25 AM
darky167

As far as the LRG stuff my friend, they are REAL. They are the LRG distributors for OZ & NZ, the distro company is partners in Nitrogen. The shit they seel is real, even the Bape and BBC gear is real. I went to Japan last year and am heading off again ijn 4 weeks so I saw some fakes and real Bapes and BBC gear in Tokyo, Im 99% sure Nitrogen stuff is REAL.
I have talked to the owners quite a bit as we are getting our gear stocked there in the next month or so, as far as the SBTG SB Dunks, were brought in from OS, so thats why theyre real and expensive. All Bape gear is brought in from Japan, so pretty legit gear.
Replicant, Im hearing you as far as the feel of the joint, not like the BBC store in Tokyo by a long shot, but I think theyre looking for some new locations around town to renovate and create a sweet store.
Hope this helps Dudesmile

thanks for the advice =)

another thing that just made me a little sceptical was the fact that they could afford to sell the LRG dead serious hoody (the skeleton one) for $188... and reduced down to $140'ish after 20% off... i thought that hoody was worth more than that?

and btw howd u find out that they're the distributors for OZ and NZ?
January 30, 2008 @ 02:40 AM
dare2dream

As I said Dude, we are getting our gear stocked in the store, so I picked their brains to see what their about and where their heading in the future. One of the partners owns a company called Espionage Brands who are the distributor for LRG and this was confirmed by a few shops we are going to get stocked in Melbourne, so all legit Brosmile
I picked their brains hard as I dont want our Label stocked in just any store, as we had a pretty big account set up here in melbourne and then I went into one of their stores and saw Bape tees for $50, the price wasnt the dead giveaway, but the absolute crap quality of print and design, FAKE FAKE FAKE!!! So I said "Thanks but NO Thanks", yeh cost us an order in the vacinity of 200-300 pieces, but thats nothing when our cred's on the line. No fly by the night label, so we cant afford to associate ourselves with shitty shops, thats why I scoped Nitrogen for quite a while and picked their braisn for like 2hrs. Pretty happy and secure with Nitrogen and the gear they sell, so you should be pretty sweet shopping their in the future, especially when our gear is in theresmile
January 30, 2008 @ 02:45 AM
Dugout

which shops will be stocking dare2dream in melbourne?
January 30, 2008 @ 04:35 AM
dare2dream

At this stage Eastkoast on Toorak Rd, Villain in Brunswick, ML Denim on Greville St, Boarderline at Knox City, This Is It Richmond and a few more in the pipeline. We head of to Tokyo in 4 weeks to sourse ideas and samples for our next years Summer and 09 Winter ranges and we have a bunch of shops ready to take a look at those ranges to come on board as stockists. We are sponsoring a big Hip Hop and Break Dancing event held at Fed Sq this Sat from 3pm so if your in the area come down and check it out and say Hi if you see me. I will be doing some Intro's as our break dancing crew is doing a Demo and I will be awarding some of the prizes. So come say Hi if your there and look forward to meeting my first Hypebeastersmile
January 30, 2008 @ 04:36 AM
darky167

then I went into one of their stores and saw Bape tees for $50, the price wasnt the dead giveaway, but the absolute crap quality of print and design, FAKE FAKE FAKE!!!

where did u see the "bape" tees for $50? @@"

but yea.. good to know nitrogen's got legit gear =)
January 30, 2008 @ 05:11 AM
dare2dream

Dude so sorry but I actually cant say as I maybe seen as defaming that actual company, so I cannot disclose that info publicly. This chain has about 8 shops Australia wide. Thats all I can say brosad PM me though for the shop if you want to know, Im sure not to go purchase them cause when you see them you will laughsmile

Please login first to reply.