Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
February 26, 2008 @ 03:29 AM
L.G.W.H.4000

In brisbane it went from like a emo craze to slowly but surely a all out metro craze. Even FOBs rock tight tight tees with flouro accessories and the wildest sneakers they can find. Shit is getting out of hand. I mean, they arnt bad people, they are just lemmings with no sense of individuality. The worst part is, women seem to encourage this choice of appearance... Its like queer eye for the straight guy x ecstacy. Apparently, they are the individuals too, when all that is really happening is, they are walking past GP and seeing whats in the windows. Shit is fucked up.

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/forum/topic/168595/? #post-3381365

March 6, 2008 @ 06:32 AM
Denny Crane

^^ Yeah man, tell me about it. Now all these people are trying to seem like they're mad sneaker collecters too. What's worse is they seem to be finding out about the few decent stores there are in brisbane and just zeroing in on all the fluro and crazy patterned nikes. I can just imagine them talking to their friends "Hey man, I found this brand new store called Apartment, yeah man, they sell all the most fluroest nikes I've evarr seen, let's all go there and spend $350 on shoes that we don't even know the model name of!! OMG I can't wait" This is why I hardly ever buy clothes, shoes, anything from Brisbane anymore
March 9, 2008 @ 04:43 PM
sydneysneaker

anybody go future music??

i was there on saturday and omfg very little hipster peice of shit was just looking at me like i was a weirdo with my not neon coloured clothes. i wore a triumvir t nudies and halfcabs these fags wearing shorts thongs and neon singlets came up to say its not an emo concert...i fucking knocked the guy out and left. man they piss me off with their headbands and cheap aviators....

end rant/
March 9, 2008 @ 05:36 PM
calintz

that's how it was at Good Vibes in Sydney -_-"

thin denim shorts, neon fag singlets and man-keds... in the Cypress Hill tent! WTF?
March 9, 2008 @ 09:48 PM
sydneysneaker

how the fuck they think they the shit with a neon pink shirt i dont know...and to even think it was emo...i wouldnt be surprised if these guys were dumb as shit cos my fit was no where near emo...
March 10, 2008 @ 03:21 AM
UKingdom

i'm actually going to be staying in sydney for about a month in april. are there any shops there that carry US streetwear, specifically supreme, stussy, futura, etc?
March 10, 2008 @ 09:38 AM
Rhapsody

i'm actually going to be staying in sydney for about a month in april. are there any shops there that carry US streetwear, specifically supreme, stussy, futura, etc?

Go to the Official Australia Shopping Guide thread, first post has all the details. Seriously dont expect too much.
March 10, 2008 @ 04:38 PM
sydneysneaker

supreme...you might be lucky to find one of the stores has stuff from last season but generally nope

stussy...espionage are starting to expand their range but very slowly. they starting to get in jackets and t's from stussy but not a great variety to choose from.

futura...nope

just check the store guide on here and im pretty sure you'll find something because those other stores carry alot of cool streetwear that arent generally US

hope this helps
March 10, 2008 @ 06:11 PM
calintz

considering the title of this thread, did you expect much from Sydney?
March 12, 2008 @ 08:47 AM
Denny Crane

futura...nope

Another" in darlinghurst sells futura.
March 12, 2008 @ 04:31 PM
sydneysneaker

^my bad...good look
March 14, 2008 @ 12:18 AM
Replicant

Walked into GP the other day to try and kill some time.

The place looks like vinnies these days.

Madcool waist high denims for chicks, and fluro trackies.

Good work.

March 14, 2008 @ 01:06 AM
Mitchie180

i think it depends on the person..

like how I DO NOT LIKE TEH SUN OR DAYLIGHT, BEACH, HOT TEMPERATURES

only 3 months of winter =/

i want more!

anywayz where u guys at in syd?

im in eastern suburbs, the hobo place

where in eastern suburbs are u?? im in Double Bay. . at Scots College if u know where that is.. there are some kids there that piss the shit out of me,. if i rock up to a mufti day in huaraches or sum shit their jaws drop and they are like wtf are they wen they are wearin fucking tight slippers.. i hateeeee people like that..
March 14, 2008 @ 01:09 AM
Mitchie180

I was at [another] today and they have sum of that stuff.. just next door footage have bape and alife.. their are a few good stussy stores around. . .glue in bondi junction has some of that stuff aswell.. but a bit of fluro too, ,
March 25, 2008 @ 11:02 PM
UKingdom

how do the prices for streetwear in australia compare to the US? if it's imported my guess it's a premium price? average price of a tee? do they have high sales tax, etc?
March 26, 2008 @ 02:04 AM
Replicant

There's a new fad in Sydney atm, that dressing cheap is cool.

And by cheap we mean fluro wife beaters, nut hugging denim shorts, and nurse shoes (this is all for guys btw). Probably set someone back 80-100USD all up.

Outside of such crap, streetwear is generally more expensive than what you get in the states. For one, most of the streetwear out there comes from overseas so there's shipping costs on top of that - and we have a 5% Good and Services Tax on top of all that. And ofcourse the seller's own markup.

Generally speaking, it's actually cheaper to order the same clothes online even after paying shipping yourself.

In terms of local brands, a lot of them appear in botique stores and carry with them botique prices.
Hadn't had a chance to checkout Nitrogen, but Dare2dream has some up and coming stuff - although I don't know if having their label appear on "So you think you can dance" will mean it will be modestly priced or not razz

March 26, 2008 @ 03:41 AM
IC3

Generally speaking, it's actually cheaper to order the same clothes online even after paying shipping yourself.

ditto
March 26, 2008 @ 04:11 AM
dare2dream

Hey Replicant, our gear will be nicely priced. Having it on SYTYCD will certainly not change our pricing, if anything we might drop it a little to help generate sales as there is some great interest in the brand. Lookin froeward to releasing the upcoming Hoodies, jacket and fitted hat. If you havent already, hit up freshgear.com.au as we will be making some offers to members for the new gear. We will also be selling worldwide through our website, so keep your eyes opensmile

Please login first to reply.