HALLOWEEN SALE - UP TO 25% OFF - USE CODE: NOTRICKS14 (24 HOURS LEFT)
January 21, 2008 @ 05:33 PM
Replicant

I don't know if this is just a Sydney or an Australia thing..

But FFS, how did Sydney fashion turn into the most flamingly retarded shit spat out by a donkey eating paint?

Seriously, this shit continues to drive me nuts.

Guys wearing fluro coloured stencil shirts showing off their man-cleavage, denim fagpants that would look hot if a chick wore them....but they're not chicks....

And the duran duran headbands ...............

Seriously....this shit wasn't even cool in the 80s....Just because the mannequins in GP sport this crap doesn't mean it looks fly.

People need to find their own sense of style and thinkg for themselves for a change.

GUH I hate Sydney trends sometimes..

January 21, 2008 @ 08:55 PM
Joe_

lol

the gayest thing about sydney fashion are those ultimo homo little canvas slip on shoes confusedconfusedrazzrazzrazz man i hate those (no im not talking about vans) yeh cut off denim are pretty fuckn gay gay gay
January 21, 2008 @ 10:04 PM
Iori

It's certainly not a Sydney thing but a national thing thats happening around Australia. Look at Corey Worthington, he's like one of them and he's in Melbourne!
January 21, 2008 @ 10:46 PM
Replicant

It's certainly not a Sydney thing but a national thing thats happening around Australia. Look at Corey Worthington, he's like one of them and he's in Melbourne!

See now these are the conclusions my mind mentally blocks out.

I always had an opinion of Melbourne being a pretty fly place, based off all the photos I see from sneaker freaker parties. I can only thus assume the whole of Melbourne dresses the same way.

Then you come out with this.

BOO.

January 21, 2008 @ 10:53 PM
dare2dream

Yeh its pretty dissappointing but hey, shit happens. Atleast they wont be wearing our gear when we hit the stores in a few months in both sydney and melbourne. We should add a tag on our reversable hoodies, "Not to be worn with Gay slip on shoes". Haha, each to their own I supposesmile
January 21, 2008 @ 10:54 PM
defjef

yea sydneys fashion is wack i hate everything out today in nearly evry store especially gerneral pants, roger david thos supre fluro shirts, industrie etc i only shop pretty mcuh just in darlinghurst at supply, anotherinch etc. also the quality of the shirts is very poor in my opinion they feel like tissues
January 21, 2008 @ 11:33 PM
Iori

Damn, i knew Sydney fashion was a bit off due to the abundance of gay's that live there with their flamboyant style... but to hear Melbourne is heading in that direction as well is just sad...

You need to come back for a visit dude. Much has changed since you left.
Get out of the office!!!!

See now these are the conclusions my mind mentally blocks out.

I always had an opinion of Melbourne being a pretty fly place, based off all the photos I see from sneaker freaker parties. I can only thus assume the whole of Melbourne dresses the same way.

Then you come out with this.

BOO.

The SF bunch is a minority compared to the stevie bunch a.k.a 'friends of Corey Worthington'. But without them dressing up like stupid idiots, then it wouldn't make us look cool right?

yea sydneys fashion is wack i hate everything out today in nearly evry store especially gerneral pants, roger david thos supre fluro shirts, industrie etc i only shop pretty mcuh just in darlinghurst at supply, anotherinch etc. also the quality of the shirts is very poor in my opinion they feel like tissues

Industrie? Roger David? SUPRE??!!

I'll rather be caught dead than be seen wearing those crap.

btw u left out JayJays and Cotton On. razz
January 22, 2008 @ 12:05 AM
Rhapsody

I have always pondered why we have it so bad here. Tyranny of distance? Being a season behind due to being in the southern hemisphere? Small size of our market?

I always thought Melbourne ppl were more fashionable, they are lucky to get 4 seasons in their calendar year. I thought having labels like PAM indicated they had some awareness of the street scene too.
January 22, 2008 @ 02:17 AM
Iori

I have always pondered why we have it so bad here. Tyranny of distance? Being a season behind due to being in the southern hemisphere? Small size of our market?

I always thought Melbourne ppl were more fashionable, they are lucky to get 4 seasons in their calendar year. I thought having labels like PAM indicated they had some awareness of the street scene too.

It's mostly becoz we're not even a fashion-oriented country to begin with. We dont have a big well-known fashion industry like Paris, NYC or TKO...we dont have a fashion-oriented culture like the hiphop in NYC or Americanism in Tokyo back in the mid 80's.

Geographically, we're situated in the southern hemisphere where our seasons are opposite of what it is in where some of the top-end stuff is produced, hence we pretty much 1 season behind what the latest trend is. Furthermore, our culture and lifestyle over here are too relaxed and laid back. Compare ourselves with some places like Berlin or London...everyone over there tends to dress up no matter what occasion it is, or to express themselves. Us? Akubra hat, a singlet, khaki shorts and thongs is what most people around here prefer to present our country to the world.

We're a bunch of tightasses too. Who would pay $200 for a t-shirt when they can walk into JayJays and cop them for $15? And he might probably think if he bought that $200 tshirt, he would look out of place amongst his stevie friends....

PAM is still pretty obsecured in our scene unless u're really digging this sub-culture. And also PAM's largest market is not Australia, it is Asia and the US where they have more popularity over there than at home in Melbourne.
January 22, 2008 @ 05:08 AM
dare2dream

Thats why we went to Japan last year to develop our 08 Winter range droppin soon and why we are heading back in 6 weeks to develop next summer, so we can be up with current trends. Not like normal OZ fashion, being 12-18 months behind!! Smart Move So Farsmile
January 22, 2008 @ 05:58 AM
Iori

Thats why we went to Japan last year to develop our 08 Winter range droppin soon and why we are heading back in 6 weeks to develop next summer, so we can be up with current trends. Not like normal OZ fashion, being 12-18 months behind!! Smart Move So Farsmile

Is there a website for your brand coz honestly, I haven't heard about it before |0

PREVIEW PLEASE!

Luckily I generally pick things to wear that doesnt go dated as the years go by coz i'll be really broke if I need to chase wot all the brands are producing every season over in Europe/US....
January 22, 2008 @ 07:14 AM
IC3

no shit!!

its 'SAD' when you walk through george st, pitt st, elizabeth, chinatown, all them places in the city.

EVERYWHERE YOU GO YOU SEE THEM FKIN BOGAN CUNTS AND DUMBFUCKS WEARING FAPES FROM PADDIES
I SAW THIS GUY WEAR FAKE BAPE SHIRT AND PANTS I MEAN WTF

AND THEY THINK THEY"RE SO FLY, FUCK THEY DONT EVEN KNOW THEY"RE WAERING FAKES.

farout i just wanna slap them a paper on their faces SAYING I WEAR FUCKING FAKES.

Just dissappointments really, so sad SAD SAD SAD SAD!!
I can't stand that, it pisses me off, maybe its a personal matter, but fuck it pisses me off so bad
January 22, 2008 @ 10:29 AM
Iori

no shit!!

its 'SAD' when you walk through george st, pitt st, elizabeth, chinatown, all them places in the city.

EVERYWHERE YOU GO YOU SEE THEM FKIN BOGAN CUNTS AND DUMBFUCKS WEARING FAPES FROM PADDIES
I SAW THIS GUY WEAR FAKE BAPE SHIRT AND PANTS I MEAN WTF

AND THEY THINK THEY"RE SO FLY, FUCK THEY DONT EVEN KNOW THEY"RE WAERING FAKES.

farout i just wanna slap them a paper on their faces SAYING I WEAR FUCKING FAKES.

Just dissappointments really, so sad SAD SAD SAD SAD!!
I can't stand that, it pisses me off, maybe its a personal matter, but fuck it pisses me off so bad

You cant be pissed with them, they're only wearing it coz it's 'HOT', not becoz they purely appriciate the graphics, or they know the history of Bape or even anything about the brand at all besides seeing Pharrell rocking them on MTV. They're not into the culture like we do.

When I see people like that, I just shrug and feel sorry for them. But if I see someone who 'claims' they like street fashion and rocks Fape, then i'll probably say something.
January 22, 2008 @ 03:31 PM
calintz

damn... all ya'll be getting mad at this shit, means that ya'll be be mad 24/7 cos this shit is everywhere in Sydney!

i just laugh.

Sydney's lost hope.
No, Australia.
When you see kids like Corey on the media, and every high school kid fronting the same shit, you really feel sorry for the future of Aussie "street" fashion...
January 22, 2008 @ 03:40 PM
dare2dream

Damn Boyz, I cant believe we mentioned the "C" word. COREY, ouch, that hurts!!smile
IORI, our brand is a very new brand, we started about 12 months ago with some Tees and we are now producing our upcoming Winter range. If you go to Upcoming Labels page and check a link put up by THIZZ about needing new feedback, the pics of the new range are up there. We are just in the process of building a new website for when the gear comes out, so I will let you know when its ready.
I will go and put the thread on the Upcoming Labels page at the top for you to view and give feedback about the gear. Reversable Hoodies and some other gear.
Soon to be stocked at Nitrogen on george St Sydney as well as some pretty sweet places in Melbourne.
NOT TO BE WORN BY COREY WORTHINGTON!!!!!!!!!!
January 22, 2008 @ 05:23 PM
Replicant

Damn Boyz, I cant believe we mentioned the "C" word. COREY, ouch, that hurts!!smile
IORI, our brand is a very new brand, we started about 12 months ago with some Tees and we are now producing our upcoming Winter range. If you go to Upcoming Labels page and check a link put up by THIZZ about needing new feedback, the pics of the new range are up there. We are just in the process of building a new website for when the gear comes out, so I will let you know when its ready.
I will go and put the thread on the Upcoming Labels page at the top for you to view and give feedback about the gear. Reversable Hoodies and some other gear.
Soon to be stocked at Nitrogen on george St Sydney as well as some pretty sweet places in Melbourne.

I'll be sure to check that out. Always been a supporter of local talent.

And it's hard for me to really say what's worse.
Fagtastic 80s fluros, or bogan kids in fapes who think Eminem and 50 are definitive rap artists.

I really wish both type would stay away from new eras. It makes me really hate wearing mine sometimes.

You know what else really shits me about Sydney?
How on a friday/saturday night the main form of acceptable dress code is a buttoned shirt. No caps, no sneakers. I mean WTF. So I'm sporting a stussy world tour tee and I can't get into a fucking HIP HOP club, and some dero trash in his billabong shirt does.

And although these people make us look a whole lot better (lol), it kills the fun in always trying to look fly when any pair of dunks I sport kill most of the kids in their dunlop volleys.

*big sigh at Sydney*

January 22, 2008 @ 06:18 PM
Iori

damn... all ya'll be getting mad at this shit, means that ya'll be be mad 24/7 cos this shit is everywhere in Sydney!

i just laugh.

Sydney's lost hope.
No, Australia.
When you see kids like Corey on the media, and every high school kid fronting the same shit, you really feel sorry for the future of Aussie "street" fashion...

Australian street fashion was never really my thing, since everything I wear (well, 90% of what's in my cupboard) are all major Japanese and US brands and even if im buying local stuff, im only buying the very best (eg: Imperial Denim, PAM, Supply, [ansuprisedther] and AER etc...) since I know we're related and somewhat connected in street culture.

Basically we dont need to feel sorry for them since they are only wearing what they like. We were probably like them as well during high school, rocking what others are buying and reckons is 'in' at that moment. That was how I got to know Stussy back in the early 90's too coz most of us kids were either sporting a Mambo t-shirt or a Stussy t-shirt during mufti days.

Damn I miss those vintage Mambo prints.

yep will check it out for sure.
But Nitrogen? Im sure you could find a better store to stock it!

I'll be sure to check that out. Always been a supporter of local talent.

And it's hard for me to really say what's worse.
Fagtastic 80s fluros, or bogan kids in fapes who think Eminem and 50 are definitive rap artists.

I really wish both type would stay away from new eras. It makes me really hate wearing mine sometimes.

You know what else really shits me about Sydney?
How on a friday/saturday night the main form of acceptable dress code is a buttoned shirt. No caps, no sneakers. I mean WTF. So I'm sporting a stussy world tour tee and I can't get into a fucking HIP HOP club, and some dero trash in his billabong shirt does.

And although these people make us look a whole lot better (lol), it kills the fun in always trying to look fly when any pair of dunks I sport kill most of the kids in their dunlop volleys.

*big sigh at Sydney*

Remember, we're the minority and they are the ones out in droves wearing the same thing, and since 99% of the bouncers doesnt know anything, of course he would let them in and kick us out!

But keep in mind we need more of them to make us special smile
January 22, 2008 @ 07:27 PM
IC3

whats the new label called?

i wanna check it out
January 22, 2008 @ 11:42 PM
Denny Crane

It all comes down to what mainstream music mediums say is in style at the time, and what the mainstream stores (Like GP and Supre) are selling. They just accept any bullshit that is thrown at them, because they have no individuality

I don't know about anywhere else, but in Australia, the big thing now in music is all this bullshit "indie" and emo rock. There's all these complete wannabees out there watching MTV that think they're listening to independent music, but the truth is, the terms MTV and independent completely contradict eachother. Now I'm into indie rock. but it's none of this shit on MTV that everyone else thinks they're into.
January 23, 2008 @ 12:53 AM
dare2dream

The New Label is called Dare2Dream and If you go to Upcoming Labels page and check a link put up by THIZZ about needing new feedback, the pics of the new range are up there.

Iori, Nitorgen for us at present seems like we will do higher numbers there. I met with richie and ANOTHER and Jason at Supply as well as Nick at Fresh In. So we have chosen Nitrogen to begin with but we certainly would love to rock out of some of those others, but we need to build a brand awareness first, which we are trying to do. We will see where we go, but we think pretty good for something that has only been 12mths in the making.
January 23, 2008 @ 01:56 AM
Iori

The New Label is called Dare2Dream and If you go to Upcoming Labels page and check a link put up by THIZZ about needing new feedback, the pics of the new range are up there.

Iori, Nitorgen for us at present seems like we will do higher numbers there. I met with richie and ANOTHER and Jason at Supply as well as Nick at Fresh In. So we have chosen Nitrogen to begin with but we certainly would love to rock out of some of those others, but we need to build a brand awareness first, which we are trying to do. We will see where we go, but we think pretty good for something that has only been 12mths in the making.

FreshIn would actually be a pretty good place to sell your brand since Nick has a pretty good eye catching out niche brands and bringing them into the country.

I still remember the good ol' days where General Pants would pick up indie brands and give them product placements in their catalogs and front window display. Guess it ain't happening anymore. People are saying to support the locals....but then we don't even have a medium to do so. Contradicting isn't it?

And speaking of Ritchie, I need to catch up with him on something i'm planning to bring into the country too...
January 23, 2008 @ 02:16 AM

Inactive

This thread sucks without pictures.
January 23, 2008 @ 07:00 AM
Denny Crane

This thread sucks without pictures.

You're right, I'm gonna hit myspace up and see what I can come up with
January 23, 2008 @ 08:41 AM
Denny Crane

These are some faggot pictures of people from Brisbane I found on myspace. I was actually looking for one in particular which was so much worse than these, but unforunately I couldn't find it, but there may be more to come

I really think these guys are so much worse than the guys on"Hypebeast Picures At Their Prime" cos I can guarantee they all just go to General Pants and buy the first thing they see that has fluro colours.
January 23, 2008 @ 03:31 PM
calintz

pictures?

don't make me link Corey pics...
:p
January 23, 2008 @ 10:08 PM
Rhapsody

some pics, fluro is pretty much in

January 23, 2008 @ 10:58 PM
Replicant

I'm really too embarassed to even acknowledge these pictures sad

Just glad the fag pants and man-keds aren't shown.

January 23, 2008 @ 11:09 PM
Iori

I'm really too embarassed to even acknowledge these pictures sad

Just glad the fag pants and man-keds aren't shown.

same.

cant believe these people are now the 'face' of Australia fashion.

this thread is now tainted by the ugliness of their fluro colour t-shirts and mullet haircuts.
January 24, 2008 @ 12:00 AM
IC3

Iori Are you one of teh staff from Nitrogen?

Can I trade hats lol

I've got 3 LRG New Era's all 3 of em Size 7

I've bought them off karmaloop, but its a bit small

I want to trade 2 and sell one

I know Nitrogen sells new eras for $70-90

But I got one of the hats that I don' want from karmaloop, I want to sell it for $56AUS you still make some profit is that alright? lol

They're all new.
January 24, 2008 @ 03:28 AM
Iori

Iori Are you one of teh staff from Nitrogen?

I rather burn in hell for eternally than to work in that place.

So to answer your question, nope, but then I know one of the guys who works there on a part-time basis every school holiday....

Please login first to reply.